• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MODERATION:

This is an Aldi specials thread within a homebrew forum. Keep posts related to items directly related to this forum. Brew gear, smokers, cheese making, brew to drink etc. Posting directly off topic will result in a ban!. Keep this a great place to visit for all users.

Exactly, that's what the thread was set up for. I'm guilty of sending it OT but I was trying to be helpful to the SA members who now have Aldi stores (and WA in the very near future) and it turned into a shitfight as per usual.
However there's a lot of appropriate stuff comes up on Aldi all the time, for example I'm waiting for the next round of small fridges to come up, my hops and yeast samples are taking over the domestic fridge and freezer at the moment and I also need bottle storage for comp brews coming up. :)

I went in looking for said vac sealers over the weekend here in Melbourne, are they in other states only at the moment?

Anyone got a link to info on these sealers? All I can get is they can do wet or dry foods from the box in an earlier post photo. Are here equivalent to a Eurolab, or Kmart type one?

My Eurolabs heat strip burned out and is a pain to seal bags now... Looking for something of slightly greater quality. Channel bags as I have a box and a half of them still...

There were two or three in the Prahran store on the weekend. Seal everything fine, i used mine for brewing and sous vide until it fell off the top of the cupboard and broke.

Also for the 3D printer if you dont know how to use one already then dont bother buying one. Will cost you much more to learn to use one than buying the $5 airlock you wanted to print.

20m Food Grade Water Hose - $24.99.

Available Sat. 20 Feb.

Water hose.jpg

Product Description
12mm diameter hose
Made with food grade PVC
UV protected
Made to AS 2070

Probably food grade only at cold temps.

But handy for filling mash tun if brewing outside.

Dumbbell Set - $29.99

Available Sat., 20 Feb.

dumbbell.jpg

Product description:
  • Includes 1 x barbell, 2 x 2kg weights, 2 x 1.25kg weights and 2 x 1kg weights
  • Cast iron weights with heavy duty painted finish
  • Helps build or strengthen muscle tone
Stength conditioning for girlyman brewers who struggle to lift a BIAB bag out of the tun.

Bribie G said:
Exactly, that's what the thread was set up for. I'm guilty of sending it OT but I was trying to be helpful to the SA members who now have Aldi stores (and WA in the very near future) and it turned into a shitfight as per usual.
However there's a lot of appropriate stuff comes up on Aldi all the time, for example I'm waiting for the next round of small fridges to come up, my hops and yeast samples are taking over the domestic fridge and freezer at the moment and I also need bottle storage for comp brews coming up. :)
How's the Aldi store in Noarlunga going ?, Masters is out and the site was all fenced ready to go when was in the area over Xmas.

spog said:
How's the Aldi store in Noarlunga going ?, Masters is out and the site was all fenced ready to go when was in the area over Xmas.
keep it on topic. this thread isn't going off track again.

Anyone tried making a mash tun out of one of these? Bottom draining, dynamic mashing, centrifugal sparge and tip action to remove spent grain.

Feldon said:

Available Sat. 20 Feb.

attachicon.gif
Water hose.jpg

Product Description
12mm diameter hose
Made with food grade PVC
UV protected
Made to AS 2070

I understand also that when filling barrels with water a food grade hose is recommended.

Camo6 said:
Anyone tried making a mash tun out of one of these? Bottom draining, dynamic mashing, centrifugal sparge and tip action to remove spent grain.
They would make an awsome germination kiln

If it was made of metal....

I use one of those hoses with a caravan style carbon water filter. Great tasting water. I thought it was a usual price but it's actually a great price. I got the Bunnings 10m version for $20 about 2 years ago same price as of now. Just had a look and the 20m version is $42.

Edit on hose price opinion

Feldon said:

Available Sat. 20 Feb.

attachicon.gif
Water hose.jpg

Product Description
12mm diameter hose
Made with food grade PVC
UV protected
Made to AS 2070

BANG! I need me some of this. Are these usually nation-wide, or specific to a state?

Bribie G said:
Back on topic, kittens:

3 D printers for $500, from Wednesday.

Down the bottom of the page.
I have no idea how to use one but it looks like a way of printing hard- to -get parts such as grommets, various connections, maybe even an airlock. With a kitten or two. As a Meccano kid I would have loved one of these.

Is there a food grade resin available for printers? I can envisage printing little hop cages to go into kegs, thermowells, now my brain is racing...........................
Its a good price if you're in the market for a 3D printer, but given the technology used (fused filament) I wouldn't recommend them for anything brewing / food etc. related. The parts will have small holes and imperfections, which make perfect sites for bugs. Good for taps and similar where its less of an issue. The home models of whatever brand all have issues so need patience and a fair input of time to produce decent models, plus an ability to design models in 3D int he 1st place, unless you're happy to be reliant on other people's published models. That seems to be true however much you spend. The days of true plug and play for 3D technology is still some way off.

That said, there is something truly amazing and magical about watching a carefully planned model come slowly to life before you eyes, layer by tiny layer

Back