• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would seem that imagined intergalactic travel really does not broaden the mind... Perhaps a Klingon chill-pill for the phoney Starship XO?

The Aldi haters in SA don't need to set foot in the place to benefit. Prices at Foodland and Colesworths will come down for them as well. As happened with IGA over East.

am i missing something?? i've gone to aldi about 6 times, never found anything to buy, then i've had to go home and go to bed without any dinner.

I hate the big players as much as anyone (Aldi included) but it's a bit difficult to get what you need without them. They are all guilty of putting the thumb screws on there suppliers.

Aldi is definitely cheaper and I think their products have improved since they first started here. My wife works for Woolies ( I made a break for it last year ) so she gets a massive %5 discount. It's bs really coz they hike the prices up so much that you don't really save anything. We only shop at Woolies now for anything you can't get at Aldi.

I a trying to make an effort to shop at local butchers and fruit and veg. I've also discovered 2 great independent grog shops near me that have an excellent beer range. In fact 1 is beer only! It's my duty as an Australian to help them out ;)

butisitart said:
am i missing something?? i've gone to aldi about 6 times, never found anything to buy, then i've had to go home and go to bed without any dinner.
This made me lol.

Back on topic, kittens:

3 D printers for $500, from Wednesday.

Down the bottom of the page.
I have no idea how to use one but it looks like a way of printing hard- to -get parts such as grommets, various connections, maybe even an airlock. With a kitten or two. As a Meccano kid I would have loved one of these.

Is there a food grade resin available for printers? I can envisage printing little hop cages to go into kegs, thermowells, now my brain is racing...........................

New vac sealer purchased today, cheers for the heads up! I've been waiting for them to come back in stock, my old one shat itself a few months ago

ok enough of the off topic ramble back to aldi specials.

all in favour of going back to the specials but someone please give a satisfactory explanation as to how this thread just got cut up like something from North Korea??? if this forum is that heavily censored then maybe its not worth wasting the time and effort to post on...

Mr B said:
Why do coles etc have the meat section at the beginning (after the bread and veggies I guess).

Maybe its meal planning, peeps grab their meat and then work out what to have with it.

But they have to get the veg first, which may be to satisfy the vegos who can bypass the meat section if the sidle past looking away from the carnage.

And milk is soon after, though if you follow the outside you will find all the dairy.

Then you may make a foray into the centre for all the other stuff.

I would really prefer to get my meat last, but I compensate by being a quick shopper so it doesnt get all warm.

And pack the cold with the cold using the conveyor load order as a proxy.

There must be a reason for the layout, I just dont really get it.
So the polish on the floor wears evenly :p

i removed the chatter that wasn' necessary.
you were all asked to take it back on topic but when your all taking about coles/ woolies and other irrelevant crap the thread was cleaned.

CmdrRyekr said:
Do Aldi sell Pickles?
irrelevant if they do this is the aldi specials thread not what do aldi stock. stay on topic.

Actually it’s not the Aldi specials thread it’s the Aldi special thread, specifically bar keeper’s friend that was on special. All other Aldi products whether on special or not are technically off topic. :p

S.E said:
Actually it’s not the Aldi specials thread it’s the Aldi special thread, specifically bar keeper’s friend that was on special. All other Aldi products whether on special or not are technically off topic. :p
fixed.
back in your hole

Bribie G said:
Back on topic, kittens:

3 D printers for $500, from Wednesday.

Is there a food grade resin available for printers? I can envisage printing little hop cages to go into kegs, thermowells, now my brain is racing...........................
Yes there are food grade filaments available - I've seen them listed on sites in the US 《《no direct experience with them - yet :) 》》

barls said:
fixed.
back in your hole
Well that’s nice, haven’t you been warned about personal attacks before though?

[SIZE=11pt]If you are going to change the thread title to suit off topic subjects being discussed, couldn’t you just change it to Aldi Coles/Woollies specials and other irrelevant crap?[/SIZE]

Brownsworthy said:
Grabbed a vac sealer and a box of bags today, thanks fellas.
These look the same as one I got on the last Aldi vac sealer sale, mine is branded Kuchef though and has been fantastic.

S.E said:
Well that’s nice, haven’t you been warned about personal attacks before though?

[SIZE=11pt]If you are going to change the thread title to suit off topic subjects being discussed, couldn’t you just change it to Aldi Coles/Woollies specials and other irrelevant crap?[/SIZE]
no. if you want to have that discussion go and start one in the off topic.

to get back on topic. been thinking of one of the vacuum sealers but they don't do the smooth sided bags like i want

Back