• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like others here I made the trip to Aldi and after a fruitless search was advised by the Manager that it was an EPW - emergency product withdrawal...but that it would be back on sale again in future. I will check out the Digger's stuff recommended above...any advice on how you use this stuff? wipe on wipe off? let it soak? spot clean stains?

It sounds like powerful stuff and while I would love to have a product to keep my kegs, sink, stove and rangehood shiny...Im nervous about doing it wrong and ruiining them...so for any of you guys that use this product, a descripotion of your method would be awesome!

Oxalic acid won't do any damage to your stainless steel, I used it to bring my 23lmyton rodd kegs bought from gumtree back to service after 6 years of sitting outdoors unused. It took 2 weeks or more to get the rust off and the surfaces that were rust free just stayed the same. If you are not in a hurry make a weak solution and clean off the rust with a scourer every day or so. If your surface is good already you can leave it to soak until the cows come home. When you leave them exposed to air for a few days and the surface does not discolour you're good to go.

Aldi seem to consistently have brew related items that come and go quickly (fridges, stockpots, drills, vacuum sealers, cleaners etc) so I've started and Aldi thread, no affilliation. The retail sub forum should be for the good people who are making a quid and supporting AHB so I've put this in the Pub section.

Heads up for NSW, Vic and Abbottsville members who are near an Aldi with liquor, Oktoberfest stock is in from today:
  • Paulaner HefeWeiss 5l kegs $30
  • Paulaner Oktoberfest 500ml 6%abv $4 a bottle
  • Stiegl Weisse with a glass and 5 bottles $25
  • HB (forget what brewery that stands for) Oktoberfest $20, not sure if its six largies or six stubbies, at that price probably largies.
  • Jagermeister schnapps $35 and why not
while stocks last.

off topic: I had a colonoscopy yesterday and the German anaesthetist was beside himself with excitement, we had a big chat about Hefes before he zonked me out. :lol:

Edit: ALDI TWEED HEADS NOW HAS LIQUOR :super:

Cheers Bribie. I'll duck in later today.

btw... HB is Hofbrauhaus. :beer:

Stiegl is a good Austrian beer!
Anyone know what time they sell liquor at Aldi?
i know they open the shop at 8:30 but i remember people being denied in the morning, is it 10am like other bottle shops?

Had my eye on those beers for shits n giggles, worth a try and surely gonna be better than any megaswill. 5L keg here I come!

It is 10 am that liquor is allowed to be sold, when I had a colonoscopy, I had an endoscopy at the same time, I was the one in an excited state making sure that they did the endoscopy first.

punkin said:
So which beers are any good?
Paulaner Octoberfest for $4.00/500ml is worth getting genuinely excited about. If you want to know what a really good, strong Munich Helles tastes like then this is THE ONE!

I know Aldi liquor is old news in most parts. But the local aldi at Coopers Plains was stocking Pauliner Hefe's last night. I wasn't sure they were allowed to up here.

GuyQLD said:
I know Aldi liquor is old news in most parts. But the local aldi at Coopers Plains was stocking Pauliner Hefe's last night. I wasn't sure they were allowed to up here.
The Pauliner Hefe is an alcoholic free beer in QLD stores.

I got the three beers mentioned, the little keg, the oktoberfest x 6 and the 5 pack of wheat with a glass.

Thanks Bribie!

I am reliving my time in Germany as we speak.

Cheers! :beer:

Ringwood has no more mixed 4 packs (thanks to me).

Still a few Paulaner Weiss 5l and heaps of Paulaner Oct bottles/Steigel glass packs.

It's worth noting that the Spaten bottle is out of date...June 13...the rest are well into 2014. Anyone else noticed this ?

@Danwood, look again. It has two dates. The first one is when it was brewed. Mine is good until next June.

Back