Aldi Liquor

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chapel St Aldi still had a few left if anyone is tying to get their hands on some. Got the 5pk plus glass of steigl wiess too... score!

Aldi you ripper!

Also does anyone have a tip to make those 5l kegs not froth? Every time I've used one in the past its frothed.

Just got back from the shops. Bought a 500ml bottle of the Paulaner Oktoberfest and the Stiegl Weiss 5 pack and bierglass. Oh, and the 2X 600ml Pils glasses for $4.99.

Bought a 6 of the Flensburger wheat beer a short while ago, but missed out on the pils. Quite nice and too drinkable.

Now, to find space for 3 more glasses...

Les the Weizguy said:
Just got back from the shops. Bought a 500ml bottle of the Paulaner Oktoberfest and the Stiegl Weiss 5 pack and bierglass. Oh, and the 2X 600ml Pils glasses for $4.99.

Bought a 6 of the Flensburger wheat beer a short while ago, but missed out on the pils. Quite nice and too drinkable.

Now, to find space for 3 more glasses...
How much are the Paulaner Oktoberfest and the Stiegl Weiss 5 pack and bierglass again? I did see them in the catalogue at the time. Local Aldi has quite a few cartons of the Paulaner in stock (but pricing is missing, and the sole checkout person always seems to busy to ask).

I'm told the Toormina Aldi opening next month got their liquor licence
Woo, I can start posting in this thread!

Storm Summer Dayze Ale is $2 for a 500ml bottle at the moment. I'm drinking one right now and it's not bad - pretty close to Monteith's summer ale, except it's a bit sweeter, with more ginger and justabout no hops. Definitely worth a crack at the price.

Aldi has been pretty dry for beer variety for some time.

Flensbergers are back. Also Coopers 62.

Aldi-20140819-1.jpg

Aldi-20140819-2.jpg

I reckon you need to brew a bloody bad batch to get some drinkables from my local aldi, how come you blokes get nice beers? Low socioeconomical climate for the local maybe? Hell I make enough and want the good ones you are talking about.

I
Moad said:
I've heard the port is good for the $

I heard the same, but the taste I had suggested you might want to put it in your own port barrel for a bit. May not have been the same port though.

Back