Butchers really get my goat

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My local butcher is a grumpy old bugger. Won't give me the time of day or engage in any sort of conversation, but damn he sells good steaks.

On the topic of goat, Bribie we have a mob of 20+ goats running free around our property at Glen Innes, 2 billies in amongst them. Your more then welcome to them if you help me butcher. (I've never butchered goat so maybe bring someone useful).

shaunous said:
On the topic of goat, Bribie we have a mob of 20+ goats running free around our property at Glen Innes, 2 billies in amongst them. Your more then welcome to them if you help me butcher. (I've never butchered goat so maybe bring someone useful).
Farking count me in next time your going up....

MMmmmmm....free range goat...

Ducatiboy stu said:
Farking count me in next time your going up....

MMmmmmm....free range goat...
Deal.

You bring the firewood... Got to -15*c twice last year, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

shaunous said:
Deal.

You bring the firewood... Got to -15*c twice last year, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
CRABs hunting meet!
I'll bring the bike to round em up

Remember boys, if you can't shoot well, shoot lots.

We can watch Brokeback Mountain on someone's laptop and get INSPIRED!

Lincoln2 said:
Remember boys, if you can't shoot well, shoot lots.

We can watch Brokeback Mountain on someone's laptop and get INSPIRED!
Not sure if inspired is the right word...

But god it sounds good.

While we can get goat locally on a daily basis, it's cubed up and full of bone shards courtesy of being run through a band saw while it's frozen. OK for curries, but we have to order 2 weeks in advance to get a leg, back straps or shoulders. Worth the wait though.

I think about all the goats that we shot years back and left them laying in the paddocks covered in fly bait granules...these days some of the larger stations make more out of feral goats than the sheep that used to roam them.

What gets me is that freeking rabbit (underground mutton) now sells for higher prices than prime beef. Go figure.

:icon_offtopic: The butcher i frequent is a wholesaler ,open to the public and he has pickled pork,with that fat around it.nice on a cold day with mash/veg.Also noticed our local coles store has diced goat pieces.

I need a butcher!
I don't have a goat but do have a flock of my sheep and neighbours sheep eating my gardens since there are no fences after the storms.

They're all going to the Butcher!!

Hey on the rabbit prices, that blows me away, I noticed that too. They are a very good lean meat, but I don't get the price.

Wauchope farmers markets is on in a couple of weeks so I'll be getting me up the highway for some veggies and also hit the butcher in town. I'll give him a bell the week before to find out what goatiness is available.

brewman, they are lovely little pet lambs... how could you do it? It will break RdeVjun's heart as he really bonded with them when he rounded them up for you the other week. :unsure:

Back