Aldi Liquor

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grabbed some of the Flensburger weizen at West Footscray, they had pileseners too. The weizen was pretty easy drinking & the bottles are cool. I just grabbed a sixer though

Drinking a Flemsberger Pils right now. Pretty tasty.

The short/squat 330ml swing top bottle is great will probably grab a few more tomorrow.

Leffe brune online at the moment just bought a slab

http://www.aldiliquor.com.au/?utm_source=aldi.com.au&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=liquorbanner&utm_campaign=banner

$12.00 a carton delivered out to Hickerville is a good deal when the right beers come up. Just keep an eye on the online catalog.

You come back now, hear?

untitled.png

TidalPete said:
Not strictly Aldi liquor but if you scroll down the link you'll find a non-alcoholic wheat beer + cheap glasses on sale next Wednesday.

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/wednesday-18-september-2013/
You were really only interested in the ladies fitness briefs, admit it.
The Paulaner isn't too bad, surprisingly a lot of well known breweries over there do alcohol free beers. I note from the Aldi site that liquor is now in the Port Macquarie Store :) :) :) - I have to go to Laurieton for an ultrasound next week, might extend my trip by 20 mins and pop in.

I grabbed a six pack of the Flensberger Pilsner last weekend. Nice beer, nice bottles and nice price. I will probably grab a six pack every now and then to build up a supply of swing tops to bottle from the keg for BBQ's etc.

I am surprised to read so many positive reactions to ALDI booze in this thread. My experiences with the "home brand" ALDI brews and wines have all been negative. They have a kind of chemical/petrol vibe to me, like a lot of the bia hoi in Vietnam.

punkin said:
Who's the lucky father?
My kidney stones are flattered to think they may be responsible for creation of new human life :)

Had a look online - they had cartons of leffe for $60 plus 7 delivery and also hoegaarden for 45 a carton -

Had a look online - they had cartons of leffe for $60 plus 7 delivery and also hoegaarden for 45 a carton -

Danwood said:
There's also Karmeliter Weiss 3l mini kegs on offer for $20.

Never heard of it...Tripel Karmeleit however, I am familiar with. If only Aldi got some of that in!
Just picked up one of these bad boys. The reviews on the net are so-so at best, anyone have any firsthand experience?

I got one in the end too. Not much good really.

The fact that you were still able to get one more than a month after they went on sale tells a story about how unpopular they were!

The recent Paulaner keg would've been better...didn't get one of those though, went for the Oktoberfest selection boxes instead.

Yeah I got the four pack a week ago and there were like 100 of those paulaner kegs... Thought 'no way are these gonna sell within a week'... Sadly mistaken. Gonna try another aldi tonight.

I think it's best to get the Aldi beers asap.

I doubt they've been particularly well cared for in transit (I'm assuming refrigerated transport for non-fresh foodstuffs is sacrificed to keep costs down) and then a lengthy wait on the shop floor un-refridgerated? Not good for the poor beverages.

The aforementioned Oktoberfest beers, however, were excellent...well done Aldi !

Edit - Spellinge

Latest posts

Back