Butchers really get my goat

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now there's a new aspect. I wonder if the chimp knows about this.

Dont let the redneck's and Australian Defence League get wind that the Gov is taking GST from the Muslims for Halal....

Bump

Anyone in Melbourne's east looking for diced goat meat, just spotted it at Direct Fresh in Bayswater for $13/kilo.

http://direcfresh.com.au/

Good sized chunks.

Edit: it's in the back right-hand corner of the shop, lower shelf.

My neighbours goat keeps ******* my fence and eating my plants. You can have him for free as far as I'm concerned.

mofox1 said:
Yer got yer leftie righties mixed up... One tray left.
Sorry about that. I over-thought it. Originally I put left-hand side, then changed it because thought that the way the place is laid out its really the right-hand side (opposite end to where the butchers are hacking into the carcasses). Anyway, there are only four corners so I knew you'd find it eventually.

Last one, eh. Probably shows how popular it is and how difficult it can be to source. I didn't get any myself but will next time if its back in stock. I went there to get a whole oyster blade but found they only had packs of three which was too much. Could have asked them to divide a pack but those poor butchers looked so flat out I didn't want to bother them. But nice to see real butchers in action, and apprentices too. Almost poetry watching them fly through a side of meat.

Was eying off those whole briskets too. Never cooked one, but they come up all the time on the US cooking shows. Plan on BBQing one soon. Also picked up a bag of salami off-cute for $6/kilo.

Anyway, have drifted off- topic. So to remedy that...

Goat.jpg

Halal butcher just opened up near my work, cooking goat curry right now.

Been missed.

Indian restraint near here does a very good goat curry, not even Halal (or even Kosher) - just tasty, which is the decider for me.
Mark

Latest posts

Back