Clever Brewing Supplies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clever Brewing Bloke

Reaction score
Welcome to Clever Brewing!

http://cleverbrewing.com.au/

A relative newcomer in the online brewing-supplies market in Australia, but where's the difference, you may ask? Customer-Service, not just price.

The day-to-day operation is led by a dedicated homebrewer with 30+ years of experience & multiple state/national/international prizes under the belt (but let's not brag..). What you want to know is "what's in it for me", right? Support & advice, as well as speedy turnaround when ordering.

When ordering online, you can expect a rapid turnaround of your orders & detailed communication of exactly where those orders are at.

Any orders received before 1pm will be despatched the same day (unless they involve liquid yeast that would be held-up over a weekend). We want to ensure delivery to you in best-possible condition. Any orders involving liquid yeast are packed & despatched LAST on any given day, straight from the fridge, with a FREE ice-pack. I'm an uncompromising homebrewer, so yeasts are packed the way I'd want to receive them.

Malts: We've got the ENTIRE range of Gladfields malts available (currently on Special at $1/Kg off), plus Bairds, Barret & Burston, Joe White's, Fawcett's, Breiss, Weyermann...etc..etc.. at last count about 70 different malts available.

Malts can be ordered to the gram if you're putting a recipe together. Tell us if it's OK to mix them together or if you want to keep them separate.

Do you BIAB? Let us know & the grains can be run through the roller-mill twice for you.

Yeasts: At last count about 55 strains of WLP available (including the weird-stuff that folks like to play-with).

Hops: Lots of the usual stuff, including some of the Kiwi varieties you probably haven't played-with yet (but should!).

Kit: HEAPS of kit! LOTS more shiny SS bling & more on the way in November/December. More details to follow, but some of the stuff on the way is already sold to "clever" folks who know what they want & have already contacted us to secure a spot in the queue of what's available in the current shipments.

As a "launch special" on AHB, we're offering 10% off your Malt/Yeast/Hops orders (not including shipping) until the end of November. Just use the coupon-code "AHB" when you see it at the checkout & it's yours.

Cheers!

Martin

Hey mate , sounds like you have a great selection that I wouldn't mind checking out only that I access AHB via phone and I don't seem to see a link in your post any where

Could you chuck one up for us please

Do you guys sell full sacks of malt?
I couldn't see the ability other than adding 25kg at a time (which ends up fairly expensive compared to the usual full sack buys)

Spohaw said:
Hey mate , sounds like you have a great selection that I wouldn't mind checking out only that I access AHB via phone and I don't seem to see a link in your post any where

Could you chuck one up for us please
Done!

sp0rk said:
Do you guys sell full sacks of malt?
I couldn't see the ability other than adding 25kg at a time (which ends up fairly expensive compared to the usual full sack buys)
Most of what we've currently got is already open. There are still a few sacks of base malts unopened. If you let me know what you're after, I'll see what I can do & get a price for you. Also have to check with the guy that does the purchasing to see what he can get in & when.

weird, defo applied a discount..

you didn't put the " in did you?

Capture.JPG

FWIW I received the internal server error as well using code AHB. Both desktop and mobile. If it makes a difference I am not logged in to the site.

Sorry guys, I've been having the same problem with the internal "pick-up" code today too. Got the back-room guys on it this arvo & it's apparently now fixed.

Also, a reminder that the AHB discount code is only valid for Malt/Hops/Yeast orders.

We just got another 200Kg of Gladfields malts in this morning, so now is an ideal time to get those mills a crankin'....

UPDATE!

Well, we just got a new shipment of Weyermann malts in during the week, including Beech-Smoked malt: http://cleverbrewing.com.au/malt-smoked.html

If you're thinking of doing a Rauchbier, we can now offer you a choice of THREE different smoked malts - Beech, Oak & Manuka (courtesy of Gladfields). I'm always amazed when I get to process an order for the Manuka-smoked stuff - I can smell it across the warehouse when one of the airtight buckets we keep everything in is opened - just stunning!

It's coming to that time of year when a brewer's mind turns to those wonderful thirst-quenchers after a hard day mowing the lawn, cutting-up firewood for next winter, digging-over the veggie patch, watching cricket etc..etc... :D That can only mean one thing (in my mind) - Wheat beers!

We've recently stocked Rice Hulls: http://cleverbrewing.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=rice+hulls to help with the slow/stuck runoff usually associated with Weizens.

The choice of wheats we have available for your delectation is to be believed (I'm about to brew a double-batch of Dunkelweizen this weekend & had to stop myself.....).

Fancy a Belgian Wit? Yeah, we've got that covered with flaked wheat soon to be loaded onto the website, along with oats http://cleverbrewing.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=oat.

Need spices? Sure! Sweet or bitter orange peel? Take your choice. Also ground Coriander soon to be loaded as available on the website.

Whilst I'm here, a quick reminder that Gladfields malts are currently $1/Kg off their listed price.

Also, the "AHB launch" special for 10% off malt/hops/yeast is still in-force until the end of the month, so get-in whilst the going is good. You've got a week to save some coin on quality ingredients! Choose Gladfields malts & you'll get 10% off an already discounted line.....No-Brainer...Derrrr....!!!

Get 'em whilst they're hot, they're lovely! (If I were to mention Wolf nipple-tips & Ocelot's earlobes, it might be lost on some.... :huh: )

Finally, we're getting shipments of shiny stainless blingy-stuff delivered starting next Friday:

2.0x FTSs 17 Gal Coil
2.0x FTSs 17 Gal Jacket
2.0x FTSs 17 Gal Lid
2.0x FTSs 300mm Thermo Well
2.0x FTSs Base Kit
8.0x Brew Bucket - Brew Master Bucket 26.3 litre
10.0x Brew Bucket Mini
2.0x Ss Brewtech 1BBL Fermenter
2.0x Ss Brewtech 17Gal Conical Fermenter
3.0x Chronical 14
8.0x Chronical 7 Gal
2.0x MTSs Heat pad and PSU
2.0x Ss Bretech Sparge Kit 10G
4.0x 10 Gal/38 Litre Mash Tun
4.0x Ss Brewtech Stainless Kettle - 114 Litre Kettle
3.0x Ss Brewtech Stainless Kettle - 76 Litre Brew Kettle
8.0x Ss Brewtech Stainless Kettle - 38 Litre Brew Kettle

Bear in mind that some of this stuff is already spoken-for & we've already got orders we just can't fill this-time-round.

Some back-order folks may back-out, so if you want to secure a place in the queue, get-in quick: [email protected].

Have a great weekend's brewing!!!!

Martin

Hi Guys & gals,

A quick reminder that our AHB Special introductory offer runs-out on Monday, so get-in whilst it lasts over this weekend. Type in "AHB" in the coupon code box at checkout & get 10% off your malt/hops/yeast orders. Don't forget to hit "Apply" to get it to work...

Since we've got a SWAG of malts in stock, it's been decided to extend the $1/Kg off Gladfields until Xmas. With the exception of American Ale malt, which we're a bit down on (one clever ******* bought 75Kg in one order & almost cleared us out of it!!), it's still all available from the last shipment a couple of weeks ago.

Slainte!

Martin

I totally just read this post, put an order through but forgot to use the code. Amateur Hour! Haha owell!

DU99 said:
you out of gladfields pilsner
No mate, I moved an opened bag yesterday (at least a half bag left, if not more).

I just checked & our inventory level was wrong. Try again now.

huez said:
I totally just read this post, put an order through but forgot to use the code. Amateur Hour! Haha owell!
I'll recreate your order on Monday morning, apply the discount code from my end & process a refund for the difference. :kooi:

Do you guys have sack prices on malts? I'm looking for a sack of TFFM Pearl. Couldn't find any reference to sack prices on the website.

Mardoo said:
Do you guys have sack prices on malts? I'm looking for a sack of TFFM Pearl. Couldn't find any reference to sack prices on the website.
It works on a sliding scale. The more you order, the more the price goes down. F'rinstance:

If you order up to 5Kg of Gladfields American Ale Malt, it's $3.95/Kg. 5Kg-15Kg it's less. If you order a whole bag (please don't do it with this particular malt right now...!), it works-out at $2.80/Kg (ie. $70/bag).

If you're applying the AHB coupon code, our system should automatically give you another 10% off that price (ie. $63/bag).

Off the top of my head, we've only got a couple of Fawcett's malts in stock at the moment & pearl isn't one of them. I can make enquiries on availability if you'd like?

Latest posts

Back