AHB Articles: Vic X-mas In July 2010 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If SWMBO won't pick me up , i'd prob like a place to crash...can do the cab of the ute or a spare room/space...
I'll have a 9 litre party keg of ESB plus also maybe 9 litres of something else...maybe a dark ale...we'll see...
Can bring my single tap jockey box just a bucket with ice....
I'm happy to put bucks in for the piggy...
I'm also happy to do some munchie / entree / thingo....
I WOULD REALLY LIKE A T-SHIRT !!! lol
Happy to pay whatever as long as the design is cool !
So looking forward to this shebang
And meeting you blokes/gals
Cheers
Ferg

Space to crash would be good. The usual me and swag

Can bring a baymaree fents if you think its useful

Kleiny

For all those needing to crash im sure we will find you some floor space, bring a swag or a sleeping bag / pillow.

@ Kleiny - dont think we'll need the baymarie

@ 4* - the more help the better mate - defiantly fridge space for your cider

@ everyone - just bring whatever you can, bronco taps, pluto guns, jockey box's etc...i'll sort out some keg space, most likely bins / tubs filled with ice

I'll come up with a price for the spit - everyone should bring some sort of nibbles tho - if everyone wants eggs and bacon in the morning someone should orgainse that too.

well I have just done the final check with Mission Control and I have been granted a leave pass, so I will def be there on the day - will possibly snatch some floor space, will see how we go.

Will def bring a keg - will depend on what I have in qty that is good by the time it rolls around, will bring picnic tap set-up to run it.

Now I just gotta get the damn swap beer fermenting - it's brewed, just waiting for fermenting space - beer in there currently is taking it's sweet arse time to finish out.

Brendo

K, it's fixed.

All the tags that should be in square brackets were in greater than/less than brackets. So for MOST of it it was just a simple find and replace. List items didn't work though, so I did them manually, cause, you know, doing it manually is easier then figuring out what the right tag is. :)

I'm trying to grab a lift with Brendo, so looks like I will be needing some floorspace as well.

Kegs ... I don't have enough empty ones (in fact no empty ones and two beers in fermenters waiting to be kegged) so will take this opportunity to offload something appropriate.

Food - will think of something.

Looking forward to it.

BTW I am going to put up my hand to host the next case swap ... lets put it this way, can guarantee that there will be no problems getting permission now that SWMBO no longers needs to BO.

I'm really sorry to do this, but as warned I'm pulling out of the swap. Yes I've had lots of notice, but am just having some trouble brewing at the moment and have no come back from my shelf-shattering brew loss disaster.

I've crossed #12 off the list. I will make it up to people by brewing something special and letting it age for a future swap.

Ahh bugger Notung, although it may work in my favour as I seem to have a lot of yeast cake at the bottom of the fermenter, affecting the amount of bottles. Gonna be a close call I think!

Oh, and for food - seeing as I'm in the heart of potato farming, I'll bring some form of starchy accompaniment to the spit :icon_cheers:

Righto... My amber is cold crashing for a week, then bottle. Will post the recipe in the recipe thread later. Gotta cube of Tonys lcba clone as a backup that I'll pitch this week.

I'm happy to provide any of my surplus grain as listed on the wiki. I'm happy to bring some food too. Any ideas on what to bring? I'll be getting a lift to and from.

Bottled last night.

Got exactly 27 full bottles and 1 which was 3/4 full. I need at least one tester (not giving 26 other brewers beer I haven't tried) which the 3/4 bottle will be. If I need to check it again I will substitute my back up beer in although highly likely I can arrange it so that I don't take home one of my own.

The traditional extra bottle for the host will need to be a back up. Originally brewed just under 25 litres but racking losses, trub losses etc got it down to <22.

Seems to taste good - spewing I don't have a few extra but I'll just have to brew another.

What is the latest count?

Bottled last night.

Got exactly 27 full bottles and 1 which was 3/4 full. I need at least one tester (not giving 26 other brewers beer I haven't tried) which the 3/4 bottle will be. If I need to check it again I will substitute my back up beer in although highly likely I can arrange it so that I don't take home one of my own.

The traditional extra bottle for the host will need to be a back up. Originally brewed just under 25 litres but racking losses, trub losses etc got it down to <22.

Seems to taste good - spewing I don't have a few extra but I'll just have to brew another.

Exactly the same position I'm in!

I bottled my contribution just over a week ago. Got a few to spare so will be able to check if everything is tasting good in a week or so.

I've a got a few beers for the swap day to bring also ... a dubbel, an american amber, some pale, and a few old bottles of some strong american brown.

I'm thinking foodwise I can bring a big greek salad.

Cheers
Mal

I live about a $20 cab ride from Fents, and have 2 bedrooms and a couch/lounge room floor that I'm offering up if anyone finds Fents' place full. You'd best bring a swag or something though, I only have one air mattress. You might find yourself sleeping on a 2 seater couch or kids bed otherwise.

I live about a $20 cab ride from Fents, and have 2 bedrooms and a couch/lounge room floor that I'm offering up if anyone finds Fents' place full. You'd best bring a swag or something though, I only have one air mattress. You might find yourself sleeping on a 2 seater couch or kids bed otherwise.

Top Offer mate. B)

Back