AHB Articles: 2011 Close-enough-to-get-to-Adelaide winter case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
19 means fewer longnecks I have to wash! :icon_cheers:

So how many swap beers should i be bringing? if there are 19 swapers do i bring 20 beers? The host gets 2 of each right?

So how many swap beers should i be bringing? if there are 19 swapers do i bring 20 beers? The host gets 2 of each right?

Sounds about right I reckon. I may take an extra for tasting on the day.

Goofinder was it you that brought the baklava to the last swap? I still have the container. I could bring it along to the swap.
Yep, that would be good if you can bring it to the swap. I will be in less trouble for forgetting about it then.

If any of you guys want to sit down on the night it might pay to bring a chair. I have a few but not enough for everyone.
Nige

If any of you guys want to sit down on the night it might pay to bring a chair. I have a few but not enough for everyone.
Nige

butters wont need a chair though, he'll sit on the floor :ph34r:

Bottled my swap beer last weekend at Hatchy's. Dry hopped version of my Stammtisch entry. Should be good to sample after 1.8.11.

my beers will be bottled tomorrow. have not kept a track on the tread... is it cool if i crash on the floor or in my car? I figure i'll be to drunk to remember anyway! :D

Also, I'm bring only about half a keg as i have not had time to brew for a while. after last swap i went to, there was so much beer that you only had a few of each anyway.. except for Smirto's lol

Cant wait to see you all there!

I'm pretty sure there will be enough floor room (& beer) for everyone.

I'm thinking about bringing a 3rd keg due to a rumor that Smurto may be taking his hop rocket.

Floor space should be fine, sounds like beer will be in abundant supply.
Weather looks like it might fine up a bit. Brazier ready to go.
Now I just have to get my swap beer into bottles :rolleyes:
Nige

Howdy guys I've just been told about this swap but I don't have any beers to offer however I do have assorted home made Belgian Candy sugars to share that I promise are absolutely delish to use in a beer! I've got an IPA in the fermenter but its not ready to bottle yet unfortunately. Next swap I'll bring along some beers hopefully if I hear about it sooner, my bad...Btw what time does said event commence?!

Drew

Noon onwards, I can bring some belgian beers for your critique!

Malty Hops loves his belgians too and will be (edit: there!) I think :icon_cheers:

Hi guys,
Sounds like your going to have a good day. I'd like to go to one of these but already have prior arrangements. I'll keep an ear out for the next swap and will be there with bells on. Would love to get some great brewing advice.
Cheers!
John

Nothing like a last minute bottling on swap morning to get the blood pumping :lol:

Latest posts

Back