AHB Articles: 2011 Close-enough-to-get-to-Adelaide winter case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Case swap Rye and Oats Robust Porter bottled today. 19/06/11.
Probably be too green for the Stammtisch but we'll see.

Edit: Robust Rye Porter #2- "Bakers' Dozen" still in secondary

I just finished the tedious task of cleaning bottles and bottling My swap beer.
Now just under three weeks untill the fun part begins! :party:

Just kegged my swap beer. I'm quite happy with this one, using perle as a flavouring addition made it into something a little different to what I normally make.

I opened one of my tasters of my swap beer tonight, it's not as overcarbed as I thought it was once I poured it carefully & pretty tasty if I do say so myself.

IMG_7350.JPG

Why can't I turn my photos around when I post them here?

I've got a batch of cider in the fermenter that is ready to keg so I can bring that along. I'm not sure what beer I'll bring, almost certainly stout. I have batch 4 for the year on tap at the moment, have batch 5 in a fermenter & I'll be brewing batch 6 on Sunday. I'm also brewing a 10 min IPA Sunday which may just make it into a keg for the swap. That may be a bit optimistic though.

Looks really good Hatchy! Im very much looking forward to the case swap! I just need a good reason to get the day off work!
I am going to have a keged AG Pils for the day to share, but not sure if im happy with it atm, the only other thing i have keged is a kit sparkling with Coopers recultured yeast. Might bring both? Also got a 10 min Chinhook AG IPA to swap.
Nat will again be at the case swap and will love to drink your keg of cider with your misses Hatchy!
Im excited Big Kev Style!!!

ok ive had a major whoopsie!!!! and lost about half my swap beers due to a faulty box and my dumbness so unless we have some major pullouts or my other beer is finished in time im going to have to pull out. :(

I should still be attending but not untill later when i finish work.

Bottled my centennial American Rye Brown Porter.

Am happy with my contribution if i do say so myself.

Kegged the Stammtisch Rye Robust Porter and will bottle off a few for the comp and tasters.

Also kegged a roggenbier to bring along.

Will also be bringing along a keg of my 100th AG - a rye dunkelweizenbock.

Mmmmm, rye beers.

Racked the Imperial Rye Landlord for the insanely over the top swap and it is suitably over the top. Will bottle it between now and then.

Only seems fair i should bring along a loaf or 2 of rye sourdough to go with my rye beers :icon_drool2:

Cheers
DrSmurto

All sounds very tasty Dr :icon_drool2:

I opend and tasted my swap beer tonight. 10 min chinook IPA, Been in the bottle two weeks, very tasty and keeps a head untill the last sip! :icon_cheers:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think you might have a rye problem mate... :icon_cheers:

Are we kicking off around midday?

How many entries & judges do we have for the stammtisch challenge? I'll have Kieren's 2 entries with me.

I'm really looking forward to a weekend with no footy.

Noon seems to be typical for the start time for sure. But its up to the host to confirm!

Stammtisch challenge - mid afternoon judging seemed to work well last time. I am keen to judge this one too! :)

Yeah, I usually turn up a bit after noon. I'm in two minds about entering my stammtisch beer, it's a bit high on the IBUs for style (it's a brown porter) so I'm not sure if I'll bring it. I'm sure to bring a keg of something though.

Looking forward to swap night!

Yeah, I usually turn up a bit after noon. I'm in two minds about entering my stammtisch beer, it's a bit high on the IBUs for style (it's a brown porter) so I'm not sure if I'll bring it. I'm sure to bring a keg of something though.

Looking forward to swap night!

Stammtisch comp is for a robust porter........ ;)

Are we kicking off around midday?

How many entries & judges do we have for the stammtisch challenge? I'll have Kieren's 2 entries with me.

I'm really looking forward to a weekend with no footy.
Noon is all good by me.
Wonder what the missus will think when she gets home around 5 and there is a crowd of 'boring old piss heads' here.
She'll be right if your cider is sweetish though.
I'm keen to help judge the challenge as I haven't brewed anything for it.
Trying to work out how I can get Fox Sports out the back to watch the SupeRugby Final at 7.00pm. :D
Cheers
Nige

I'm out of the main swap...still in the over the top swap though. I have made an attempt at the stammtisch, however, it is still in the fermenter and I have no time to bottle and couldn't be stuffed kegging it just so it is carbed up for saturday. I have Kieren's stammtisch on tap at the moment, I could just dry hop a little bit of it and say it was mine... ^_^

Also, the school holidays starts on the day of the swap as well, which means I won't be attending. School holidays is a very busy time for the carpet cleaning, vinyl polishing and window cleaning business men. Depending on how long the jobs take me I may make an appearance...but don't hold your breath (or save your version of 10 min IPA for me to try :))

Enjoy the day lads.

Cheers
Phil

I'm up for judging the stammtisch challenge. I'll probably bring a keg of a Vienna-ish lager along and be there from 12ish but I will have to leave early.

Goofinder was it you that brought the baklava to the last swap? I still have the container. I could bring it along to the swap.

It would appear that we are down to 19 swappers atm

Latest posts

Back