AHB Articles: 2011 Close-enough-to-get-to-Adelaide winter case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holty and Malted, thanks for providing the comedy routine, and covering all my swap beers in duck weed.

Oh sure it's easy to see in the photo with a flash illuminating it! Stands out likes dogs bollocks in the photo, to my beer goggled eyes it sure did not the other night.
I have taken Hatchy's picture and made a dramatic recreation of the event.

Thanks all for a great night!

Oh sure it's easy to see in the photo with a flash illuminating it! Stands out likes dogs bollocks in the photo,
:huh: :lol: :D ...... these emoticons aren't really adequate!!! Gold!

I'm sure you all noticed me with the video camera a few times, well here's the video. I haven't included the stammtisch stuff, that'll be in a separate video.

has the beginnings, where people are still somewhat sober and some mucking around with Smurto's hand pump.

has the more drunken adventures, including the absurdly interesting 'make beer from beer' idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure you all noticed me with the video camera a few times, well here's the video. I haven't included the stammtisch stuff, that'll be in a separate video.

has the beginnings, where people are still somewhat sober and some mucking around with Smurto's hand pump.

has the more drunken adventures, including the absurdly interesting 'make beer from beer' idea.

Whoah dood, if you want some rough masculinity and all that macho stuff, tatoo's etc, um well lets just say that doing reviews of 'power rangers' is not cutting the mustard, cheese maybe but not mustard. :ph34r:

Was there any talk of scheduling the next swap? Spring or xmas swap? Spring will be a busy period with sabsosa comp and nationals in Adelaide?

Was there any talk of scheduling the next swap? Spring or xmas swap? Spring will be a busy period with sabsosa comp and nationals in Adelaide?

Probably beer made from beer might have been as far as it got...

Kieren,
There was some talk about just having a gathering in the spring with the next swap being the Xmas Swap. You are right, SABSOSA, ANAWBS and ANHC all in a short period September and October.
Love to hear others thoughts on this.
Nige

I'll certainly be up for a more casual get-together, without the pressure of having to organise swap beers, etc. Sounds good.

I'm happy to bottle a couple of cartons to swap or just as happy not to if there's a lack of interest. If there's a swap then I'll aim to make my beer from beer (I thought that idea was meant to be kept offline until after we'd tried it).

We're not going ahead with that this week due to Smurto's work commitments but he's keen to see if it can be done & I'm keen to get rid of this beer somehow other than kegging or bottling it.

Malted, nice work fixing the photo.

P&C, nice work with the youtubeing. There's nothing too incriminating there.

I'm up for a spring swap or just a get together, as long as it's not mid Sep cause I will not be in AUS.

My thoughts are that it is already half way through July, three months is October. September is full up with SABSOSA and ANAWBS which I assume many that were there Saturday night will be involved in either as competitors or Judges/Stewards. There is also AFL grand final and for me Rugby World Cup. The nationals are in town October 21-22.
December is usually out for Swap as there are so many work parties etc..
This leaves November as the only month left this year for a swap. Possibly 19th or 26th.
A southern host perhaps?
Time for a new thread? Maybe...
Cheers
Nige

aaaargh I can hear myself talking about darts to Ben in the background of the hand pump set up! what a dork!

It sucks I had to run out early, and I missed on saying G'Day to everyone - I picked up my swap case today from Nige's - i'm looking forward to tucking in.

My swap beer is my first attempt at a sweet stout - its only been in the bottle for a few weeks, and its been REAL cold here in Renmark, so i'm hoping the carb level is acceptable.

Who ended up with the stickers?! I'd just had them made up, sorry there was only 4 or so , that's all I had in the car.. I hope they went to good homes/esky's!

Cheers lads - hope to attend the next one in full.

-Jack

One of those stickers is on the back of my car.

I'm happy with a November swap (or a swap at any other time). Nev had volunteered to host the spring swap. Does anyone care about heading up north again? Does anyone down south want to host?

How far out north/where? My ability to make a swap depends on public transport. I'd offer but I don't think a one bedroom flat would work =). Kitchen = giant kegerator? No worries though, I'll meet more folks soon. Another Adelaide beer club meet soon, I'm sure.

About a 45 min drive from here. With the amount of crap we had in the car for this one a 2nd car is probably a good idea because 3 of us in Amin's wagon was a bit of a squeeze. Actually it was squashy in my car for the swap at Josh's place. Definitely 2 cars next time.

IMG_7356.JPG

IMG_7357.JPG

IMG_7358.JPG

oce videos P&C

If any of you would like to brew beer from beer for some fun. I have three quarters of a keg full of a CPA "clone" thats too sweet and light, that i could donate to the cause.

Latest posts

Back