AHB Articles: 2011 Close-enough-to-get-to-Adelaide winter case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a good day guys and girls. Will be better than my day in Coober Pedy. Want to see photos, who is going to be the first to pass out?

Just bottled mine and am leaving now. See u guys in about 4 hours

Sounds about right I reckon. I may take an extra for tasting on the day.

You'd bring 18 (+ 1 for the host). If you brought 19 (+1 for the host) you'd be giving yourself one of your own beers! There are 18 other swappers that want one of your beers. 19 swappers means you bring home 18 beers from other people.

We're bringing 7 cases & 5 kegs. We don't want to run out of beer. Amin should be here in about 10 so we'll be up there soon after 12 I reckon.

Edit: 5 kegs is a bit silly, it seemed sensible enough until I typed it. We don't have a chance of fitting 150kg of grain in for the drive back.

Ive decided that driving wont be such a good idea lol...

Shall see you gents around 1pm :-D

Excellent that's the fighting spirit! Rock up drunk to your SWMBO's birthday thingy afterwards AND make her pick your drunk ass up. She'll love it! :p
Yeah I have quite a few beers to tip down your throat, er I mean, sample!

Excellent that's the fighting spirit! Rock up drunk to your SWMBO's birthday thingy afterwards AND make her pick your drunk ass up. She'll love it! :p
Yeah I have quite a few beers to tip down your throat, er I mean, sample!

Haha, Im thinking i might just leave the car there. Too effing hard to get someone to drive me there. She'll be right :rolleyes:

**** i hope so anyway :D

I feel terrible. I've got a few photos on my camera that I'll put up later.

I feel good! :D

It was a really good day/night! really good food, beer, people.

Thanks for being a awsome host Nige!

I thought I took heaps of photos but this is about it apart from the photos of how packed Amin's car was for the drive up there. I'm glad I got the pond in the photo.

IMG_7359.JPG

Edit to point out that I didn't pass out early again.

No. 23 10 minute Citra IPA was bottled the morning of the swap so I'd give it at least two weeks before opening, I'll probably start drinking mine on the 9th of August.

Thanks for all of you who made this a top night, even if it was a little cold.
Holty and Malted, thanks for providing the comedy routine, and covering all my swap beers in duck weed.
Thanks all those who brought food , Josh and Nats meatballs, Mick's cheese etc... and maltyhops for being the chef and cleaning my BBQ.
Raven, the bacon sarnies this morning were pretty good.
If SAPOL is looking for a negotiator I believe Smurto is for hire.

#10 Dunkelweizen.
Bottled from a keg on morning of swap, ready to drink now and probably best fresh. Apologise for the undercarb.
Nige

I had a great time, thanks for all the beers and thanks for Raven for funkifying my taste buds with my first Sour mash beer.

I counted about 16 kegs

IMG_20110709_142619.jpg

HC

Holty and Malted, thanks for providing the comedy routine, and covering all my swap beers in duck weed.
Raven, the bacon sarnies this morning were pretty good.
If SAPOL is looking for a negotiator I believe Smurto is for hire.

Gold, pure gold! My beers are covered in duck weed also. Mick almost fell into the pond, but used my beers as a crash landing site instead. No casualties though so all good.

Thanks again Nige for your hospitality. Sorry I could not stick around for breaky, had to get back home for a family lunch.

Raven's beer #19 - Schwartzbier - CPBF'd a few days ago. Drink it now! Probably low on the carb.

Number 1 ANZ is slightly overcarbed but is good to go. I didn't overcarb as badly as last swap so I'm getting there. If anyone is planning on heading round for brewday on Wednesday then feel free. Anyone who doesn't know where I am, PM for the address.

BeerSmith Recipe Printout - http://www.beersmith.com
Recipe: ANZ
Brewer: Hatchy
Asst Brewer:
Style: American Pale Ale
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 45.00 L
Boil Size: 51.51 L
Estimated OG: 1.060 SG
Estimated Color: 9.8 EBC
Estimated IBU: 32.6 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
12.30 kg Pale Malt, Ale (Barrett Burston) (5.0 EBC)Grain 100.00 %
50.00 gm Riwaka [6.10 %] (60 min) Hops 13.7 IBU
45.00 gm Riwaka [6.10 %] (20 min) Hops 7.5 IBU
90.00 gm Riwaka [6.10 %] (10 min) Hops 9.0 IBU
45.00 gm Riwaka [6.10 %] (5 min) Hops 2.5 IBU
90.00 gm Riwaka [6.10 %] (0 min) Hops -
2 Pkgs Australian Ale Yeast (White Labs #WLP009) Yeast-Ale

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge
Total Grain Weight: 12.30 kg
----------------------------
Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge
Step Time Name Description Step Temp
60 min Mash In Add 30.75 L of water at 73.8 C 67.0 C

Well I had a excellent night! thanks guys. there are Scenes Missing. only just remembered that I called SWMBO up to see if I could drive back on wednesday to brew beer made from beer.

This is probably not going to happen! LOL

anyway, was a very good night. and if i cant remember parts of it, that is a good thing! lol

My beer was bottled on the day of the swap so give it at least a couple of weeks, I have a feeling that it might become over carbed, so be carful but i will let you know.

Cheers

AF

Latest posts

Back