AHB Articles: 2011 Close-enough-to-get-to-Adelaide winter case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, fair call Malted, didn't know the convention. I looked at the backups and assumed they put them selves there as they didn't know if they could make it or something.

I've put myself on the backup list. I'll make a swap beer just incase. will rock up either way.

Yeah, fair call Malted, didn't know the convention. I looked at the backups and assumed they put them selves there as they didn't know if they could make it or something.
I've put myself on the backup list. I'll make a swap beer just incase. will rock up either way.

I don't know the convention either, I could have it all wrong.
I just didn't want to put myself up on the swap list ahead of DJ1984 since I am after him on the backup list.

Ok. Conveners of the swap? What are they? :D
I'll take the initiative and add DJ and Malted to the list of swappers at 17 and 25 and move A3k into the 1 slot on the backup list.
DJ, let us know if this is good with you.
Cheers
Nige

What time are we thinking of kicking this off? I was just informed that evening i am required at swmbo's birthday dinner... >:-(

im still coming and swapping...

Sadly Ive had a problem with my swap beer..so I will take myself off the list

Hopefully next swap.

Cheers

Excellent, my pass-out extends til about 4-5pm :)

Another quickie: Is it ok if my beer is bottles, but not quite ready for consumption?? Obviously i can label bottling date etc etc....

Sadly Ive had a problem with my swap beer..so I will take myself off the list

Hopefully next swap.

Cheers
7weeks to brew another :rolleyes:

Happy to kick off around noon. Cleared my schedule for the weekend :super:

Nige

Yep, spewing I'm not gonna be here for this...

@ Gunna... 7 weeks mate. Get on it! Woot!

I'm off to Melbs tomorrow bright and early for a few days off. I'll be bottling tuesday!

Decisions, decisions!

Bock into the cube tonight, will pitch tomorrow for sure so that will be ready in a month. Schwartz ready to be kegged, do I swap one of these, or make something else?

These are good decisions to have to make.

bottled my swap beer tonight. needed to get it out of the way before moving house on the weekend. As an added bonus this swap somebody will be getting the little inside bit from my bottling wand. It decided to break when i was filling the first bottle, just as swmbo walked by, perfect timing! For some reason she wasn't impressed with me bottling beer instead of packing and she was even less impressed to see black oily rye beer pouring all over the place. Have i ever mentioned how much i love bottling. Well it wasn't all bad I swapped over to my backup bottling wand and got to use my cool new bottle capper. It's red and made in italy! any how fingers crossed this beer turns out ok.

I'm planning on bottling 2 batches this weekend as possible swap beers. Or I may get lazy & keg them.

I'm planning on bottling 2 batches this weekend as possible swap beers. Or I may get lazy & keg them.
I'd offer to come around and help but I it's a bit far by treadly from Freemantl, even if I took a couple roadies.

Thought I may as well throw my hat in the Stammtisch challenge for my swap beer and am brewing a Rye & Oatmeal Robust Porter (8 grains & 18% Rye) with Burton Ale yeast. Plan B will be another Rye Robust Porter (Bakers' dozen grains & 20% Rye) on the yeast cake of Plan A. Plan C is a Dunkleweizen but I think I want to keep it for myself.

I have made the wort for Plan A Porter and the Plan C Dunkleweizen. Since they are both dark worts, I hope I have pitched the Burton yeast into the correct wort! There is an element of doubt... :eek:

In a few weeks I guess I will revist why I hate bottling and went over to kegging!

Damn! Stammtish beer. I'd forgotten about that. Need to get some choc rye & crystal rye I reckon.

I've bottled one possible swap beer & have another 2 in fermenters. Should be able to swap something decent.

Someone mentioned somewhere that we want some cider for the girls for this one. I have a keg of cider in the fridge. I'll put a tap on it to test a glass & assuming it's ok I'll leave it alone until the swap. I believe I'll be bringing Mrs Hatchy for this one.

Edit: yep, she's keen.

(1) Damn! Stammtish beer. I'd forgotten about that. Need to get some choc rye & crystal rye I reckon.
(2) I believe I'll be bringing mrs Hatchy for this one.

(1) Nige only has Rye Malt and Caramel Rye. I found flaked rye in an organic/health food shop. He ordered choc rye but I don't think he got it.
BB only appears to have Rye Malt.
Brewmaker does not appear to have any rye.
Might have to get some posted? Craftbrewer has above + chocolate rye.

(2) Does she have narcolepsy too?

Latest posts

Back