Adelaide brewers,drinks at the Wheaty

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrissyBrew

MashMaster
Reaction score
Just a quick note, that I will be Adelaide from the 7-10th October for the judging of the ANAWBS MashMaster Mash Paddle on Sunday 9 October. Sundays activities are therefore accounted for but I am open for suggestions for must sees, and have to do things whilst in Adelaide on Saturday and Mondy.

More than happy to meet up and put some faces to the names on this forum.

cheers
frank

Just a quick note, that I will be Adelaide from the 7-10th October for the judging of the ANAWBS MashMaster Mash Paddle on Sunday 9 October. Sundays activities are therefore accounted for but I am open for suggestions for must sees, and have to do things whilst in Adelaide on Saturday and Mondy.

cheers
frank
Well that sounds like as good an excuse as any to get together at The Wheaty on Saturday night! Just don't tell Stu his judges are going out. That and we don't want to destroy more cacti or Chimay glasses.

Any other ideas?

I am sure the Adelaide boys will arrange something for you.
Good luck with the Mash Paddle comp. It's going to be a difficult one to judge.

Batz

cheers
frank

Frank, the mash paddle is being judged on Sunday the 8th of October, I would hate to see you arrive for action on the wrong day ;)

Well that sounds like as good an excuse as any to get together at The Wheaty on Saturday night! Just don't tell Stu his judges are going out. That and we don't want to destroy more cacti or Chimay glasses.

Any other ideas?

When do you get in town Frank? Maybe Sunday evening after the judging is done and dusted could be the go? I know how jaded my palate can be the day following a night at the wheaty with a bunch of attenuation seeking flocculators :eek:

Hi Stu
I have edited the date above. Yep all set for Sunday.

I arrive 8:45am Saturday 7 October, fly out on the red eye express Monday 9 October 7:55pm.

I have to ask what is and where is The Wheaty, yeah I assume it is bar.

Hi Stu
I have edited the date above. Yep all set for Sunday.

I arrive 8:45am Saturday 7 October, fly out on the red eye express Monday 9 October 7:55pm.

I have to ask what is and where is The Wheaty, yeah I assume it is bar.

You have heaven with God and all that stuff and right next door is Beer Heaven - aka The Wheatsheaf... - with a much nicer crowd as well.

Here's the thread of homage...
Homage to the Wheatie

Few Adelaideans would argue with it as the best venue for a great range of good beers both on tap and by the bottle. Right up there for atmosphere as well... bands, darts, beer garden and not a pokie in sight.

I may have to keep my eye on this one. Too long between good Wheatie sessions.
:chug:

Edit: Won't be able to do Sunday though.

I will be busy jading my palate on Saturday night prior to the judging, but a post-judging light wheatie session sounds the goods.

I know how jaded my palate can be the day following a night at the wheaty with a bunch of attenuation seeking flocculators :eek:
That's ok stu. You need not come out if it doesn't suit you. Sunday nights are bad as most of us have to work on Monday..

That's ok stu. You need not come out if it doesn't suit you. Sunday nights are bad as most of us have to work on Monday..

I'm OK - I won't be judging on Sunday anyway. Just attempt to organise others. Oh well, I suppose the wheaty is the best place to get some practice in on some commercial calibration beers prior to judging ;) .

And. I do tend to forget - not everyone can get to work in the public service B)

Few Adelaideans would argue with it as the best venue for a great range of good beers both on tap and by the bottle. Right up there for atmosphere as well... bands, darts, beer garden and not a pokie in sight.
:)

and the staff actually know about the products they sell!! :beer: Try asking the staff in the Havealook what hops are in the beer :ph34r:

The Wheatie Saturday night it is. Of course an address some directions etc might be useful.

The Wheatie Saturday night it is. Of course an address some directions etc might be useful.

5 George St, Thebarton. Where are you staying Frank, maybe someone can pick you up?

Sunday after the judging is possibly best for me but will make a few phone calls and double check about saturday nite.

See you all then.

5 George St, Thebarton. Where are you staying Frank, maybe someone can pick you up?
I Stu

I have not sorted accommodation as yet, in my previous life as a bit of hardcore traveller has resulted in a very relaxed dont worry it will be sorted kind of attitude. I might check wotif before the end of the week.

Has anyone from the AHB-ANAWBS comradeship got a bed for an ittinerant sposnor??

Anybody who has seen the work in progress that was once our spare room, will understand why I am not immediately offfering.

All he needs is the kitchen floor and a sack of malt for a pillow, stu!

All he needs is the kitchen floor and a sack of malt for a pillow, stu!

Given that I have only ever been to the wheaty a handful of times, it is amazing the number of memories it conjures :lol:

At least Jade is talking to me again now.

Time is running out guys - how are we going to show Brissy som croweater hospitality?

As I see it we have two choices.

1) A Saturday night at the wheaty - let's say a 7pm kick off, hopefully leaving Frank and other judges with enough brain cells and taste buds alive to function on Sunday :blink:

2) And my preference, a gathering at the wheaty after the judges have had their BBQ at Regency. Let's say a 4 or 5pm start. Doesn't need to be a huge long night then for the worker bees amongst us.

Brewers of Adelaide I implore you, tell us what you want to do and when. But do so quickly, or the guest of honour will have left already!!

Back