45 Degress In Adelaide - Time To Consume Some Icey Beer Tonight!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, its even hot down here on the south coast.
The Steam Exchange has only just opened up for business (its about 4.30pm).
Too damn hot to brew in.
We'll be closed tomorrow too.
Pity all those poor bottles of beer making their way to Ballarat for judging in the AIBA at the moment...not good weather for freighting beer...

We had a series of blackouts last night, about a dozen short ones over a 2 hour period. Which reminds me - must get some gas for the generator.............I have a feeling that last night's power outs were not the last of them. <_<

Ive been in Parafield Gardens for about 6 years and had a hole of maybe 3 black outs.

Oh i dare you have a walk to Charlies hardware bare foot. Itl will do your feet good hahahaha twice i have had blisters from not wearing shoes and once was down the beach on the sand. Not again thats for sure. I love sandles

The missus has the car, I ride the motorbike to work again. An R6 sitting in traffic when 40+ is not fun. Glad it has a shady spot to park.

Bereau of Met has upgraded forecast as follows:
Friday Dry. Mostly sunny. Min 30 Max 41
Saturday Dry. Mostly sunny. Min 25 Max 40
Sunday Dry. Mostly sunny. Min 23 Max 40
Monday Dry. Mostly sunny. Min 22 Max 39
Tuesday Dry. Mostly sunny. Min 22 Max 38
Wednesday Dry. Mostly sunny. Min 22 Max 38

My fermenter is in a large tub with an icy water bath, rotating frozen water bottles in and out of the water. keeping it around 20 - 22 i hope...

Just got in from bus ride from HELL. No air con and the windows wouldn't open! ahhhhhh! Lucky I live 10 mins out of city but I am now inhaling beer - should have put a glass in the fridge as everything in my house feels hot to the touch.

Just posting a quick message before I hit beer #2 for the night.

daaaaaaaaamn it is mean out there!

The missus has the car, I ride the motorbike to work again. An R6 sitting in traffic when 40+ is not fun. Glad it has a shady spot to park.

Bereau of Met has upgraded forecast as follows:
Friday Dry. Mostly sunny. Min 30 Max 41
Saturday Dry. Mostly sunny. Min 25 Max 40
Sunday Dry. Mostly sunny. Min 23 Max 40
Monday Dry. Mostly sunny. Min 22 Max 39
Tuesday Dry. Mostly sunny. Min 22 Max 38
Wednesday Dry. Mostly sunny. Min 22 Max 38

My fermenter is in a large tub with an icy water bath, rotating frozen water bottles in and out of the water. keeping it around 20 - 22 i hope...

Those overnights dont look so bad, at least will get some sleep.

You should be ok mate. I had mine in a esky last week to come home and it was at about 20 degrees and i know what you mean on the bike. It sucks the all the fluid in body rite out. I use to ride a Harley and didnt ride in this heat. Not good for the bike or the rider. Buger getting dizzy riding a bike in this heat

Its even darn hot here in the Highlands. 35'C at least, or something stupid. And its going to be that for the rest of the week apparently. Oh, and my good ol' Valiant decided now is the time to have a cracked aircon compressor mount.

F$%k that, seriously.

- boingk

Can you believe this topic has 67 posts? :lol:

Too hot at work, a/c is struggling big time. Reckon we are all keen to drink a beer, and posting on AHB is the next best thing.

Not sure I believe those minimum temps forecasted either, with so much heat in the day, it seems to take forever to cool down at night.

Been sleeping in spare room with window rattler on from bedtime till 2am, then fan till morning...

I like the idea of Beers at Dr Smurtos!

I wonder how the people without fermenting fridges are going? :lol:

We had temps into the low forties late last week in sydney, had a fermentor in a dead fridge and was rotating 6 1.5L PET bottles full of frozen water thru it, 4 during the day and 2 overnight just to keep the temp down to 20C

But at least SWMBO now seems convinced a brew fridge is the way to go.

I wonder how the people without fermenting fridges are going? :lol:

Not good. Mine are sitting at 24 and theres not much I can do about it.
Damn I need a fridge

Well I dropped in at home just to check on my fermenter (does this qualify me for the beer nerd thread?) on the way to the inlaws where there is a pool... still sitting at around 21C under the wet towel (well, it was wet this morning at least) even though it's about 33C inside. Looks like I can keep my beer fridge after all. I'm definitely going to need it over the next few days. :chug:

I'm going to go and get some apple juice and mix it with soda water - so I can pretend I am drinking beer :(

Motorbike = Lane spilt
WTH are you doing sitting in traffic?

Melbourne Monash freeway in the middle of summer in my old valiant was HELL on 4 wheels till i got the bike
turned the 1.5hour trip home from Melbourne to Ferntree Gully into a 25mins splender of weaving inbetween cars :p

Been 35s+ out the mines in Singleton NSW everyday i had to work outside since last wenesday im sick of it and burt to a crisp ... Im just glad its not 48s+

Tom

Those overnights dont look so bad, at least will get some sleep.

Try doing nightshift and having to sleep when it's 40+, only plus is that I don't have to work in the heat. It's not much of a plus, but atleast it's something. Woke up a few hours ago with a headache as well so don't feel like a beer. Yet!!!

Nat

glad my ferm fridge is going got an ale sitting nicely on 18 deg that i brewed on the cool sat

Yup, its even hot down here on the south coast.
The Steam Exchange has only just opened up for business (its about 4.30pm).
Too damn hot to brew in.
We'll be closed tomorrow too.
Pity all those poor bottles of beer making their way to Ballarat for judging in the AIBA at the moment...not good weather for freighting beer...
The beer won't be happy until it gets into Wasabi's cool room - just shy of 40C here today (peaking now at 6pm) with 40, 42, 38 to come and a cool change to 30C on Sunday.

Glad I wasn't brewing this week but it's bloody hot enough bottling in here with no through breeze and the steam boiler pumping out the heat also. I'm doing an evening shift tonight to mill grain so I don't have to come in on Saturday at all, so no beers for a few hours yet.

Cheers, Andrew.

too hot 2 go 2 computer, posting from iphone. Beer helps but they say on news it will be WORSE 2morrow!

Latest posts

Back