2015 Melb Sodium Perc/Met Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK mofox1, I've moved you to the Mulgrave pickup and updated numbers. No, DJLeet you did not eff it up.

Djar007, you may want to choose an end date to changes on this pickup list just to make things simple for yourself.

Also, HUGE thanks to Djar007 for taking the initiative to gather the remnants of the last Perc buy that fell through and creating this new buy. Thanks for all the past and upcoming legwork. Having done small buys, big buys like this one are a lot of work solely for everyone's benefit. Here's to you mate :beerbang:

And here's to the guys acting as pickups. You've made some of our lives a whole lot simpler :super:

Pick up Deer Park Djar007
Need 8.5 bags Perc
Need 1 bag + 10kg Met

1. Djar007 – 1 bag Perc
2. DU99 – 1 bag Perc
3. professional_drunk – 1/2 bag Perc (split with Hans at #14 in Mulgrave split) + 5 kg Met
4. Carlos The Gerbil – 1 bag Perc + 5 kg Met
5. Slcmorro – 1 bag Perc + 5 kg Met
6. DaveHQ – – 1 bag Perc + 10kg Met
7. Black n tan – 1/2 bag Perc + 5kg Met (Perc split with Dave.wilton, #9 in North Carlton split)
8. we5ty – 2 bags Perc
9. nu_brew (Footscray) - 1/2 bag Perc (Perc split with DJ_L3ThAL #2 North Carlton split) + 5 kg Met

Pickup Mulgrave (MXD)
Need 14 bags Perc
Need 2 bags + 10kg of Met

1. Mxd – 1 bag Perc
2. Mardoo - – 1 bag Perc+ 5 kg Met
3. AJ80 – 1 bag Perc
4. Yob – 1 bag Perc (Camo6 to pickup)
5. Brewnut – 1 bag Perc + 5kg Met
6. Camo6 –– 1 bag Perc + 6.5 kg Met
7. Martin OC – ½ bag Perc (Picking up for Curly 79 at #11 below)
8. Idzy – – 1 bag Perc + 8.5 kg Met
9. Cordzy – 1 bag Perc
10. Andy_Chill – 1 bag Perc + 5kg Met
11.Curly 79: – ½ bag Perc (Split with MartinOC at #7 above) + 5kg Met (Pickup by MartinOC)
12. Mudd –– 1 bag Perc + 5kg Met
13. Grainer – ½ bag Perc + 5kg Met (Perc split with Tongan17 at #7 in North Carlton pickup)
14.Hans (“Up them hills east of Melbourne”) – 1/2 bag Perc (split with professional_drunk at #3 in Deer Park split) + 5kg Met
15. Tahoose (Berwick) – – 1 bag Perc + 5kg Met
16. mofox1 - 1 bag Perc + 5 kg Met

Pickup North Carlton (Manticle)
Need 7.5 bags Perc
Need 1 bag + 5kg Met

1. Manticle – 1 bag Perc
2. DJ_L3ThAL – 1/2 bag Perc (Perc split with nu_brew at #9 Deer Park split) + 5kg Met
3. Vanners – 1 bag Perc
4. going down a hill – 1 bag Perc
5. Colon apostrophe – 1 bag Perc + 5kg Met
6. azzasn – 1 bag Perc + 5kg Met
7. Tongan17 –1/2 bag Perc + 5kg Met (Perc split with Grainer at #13 in Mulgrave pickup)
8. Rob.P – 1 bag Perc + 5kg Met (No longer picking up for mofox1)
9. Dave.wilton 1/2 bag perc + 5kg Met (Perc split with black n Tan at #7 in Deer park split)

DU99 said:
Are we all happy...
Jeremy-Renner.gif
<<<<< Me right now.

Update: I have picked up the five bags of met. The perc is ready for pickup also but the depot it is in closed half hour before I got there. I will organise for it to be picked up tommorow. If that fails it will have to Wednesday. Sorry it cant happen sooner guys. But i am sure it will be tommorow. I will let everyone know as soon as i have the stuff and organise splitting etc the following night . martin I will pm you as soon as i pick up. And thanks mardoo for stepping in and sorting out the splits. At least it's not on the docks in China.

Update 74:I have organised with redox to pickup tommorow afternoon. I should be home with all the stuff by five thirty. Will sort it all out and if it is ok with manticle and mxd I will drop off on Saturday morning. Anyone picking up from me can pickup after four pm any day.

When I went to pick up the met the guys told me they wouldn't load it into a car. I was in a Ute so it wasn't a problem but wanted to remind you that this stuff should be handled with care. It's in heavy duty plastic bags so is quite safe as it is. But when it is split please label it and transport it with care.

Since I'll have split stuff at my place, can anyone advise on handling and storage? I have access to nitrile gloves and a particulate filter respirator (dust mask unlikely to cut it) but what should they be split into?

Got cats and partner to think about so just want to make sure it's all good.

I store mine in a plastic bucket. Clearly marked. I can split it into what containers I have but I dont think I have enough to cover all the splitters. It is granular so it isnt as airborne as the powdered form.

We used triple shopping bags last time for the Met and it was OK, but nasty for the splitters with no breathing protection!

I can probably split it here with appropriate protection. I'll try and find something better than shopping bags.

Split outside with a dust mask and glasses. Pour gently. I have had zero problems doing that. Since its granular you shouldn't need a full respirator, but if you have one why not.

Latest posts

Back