2014 W.A. Xmas in July Case Swap.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many litres are you looking at going into the FV Dent? Will that be enough yeast for a HUGE beer.....

Is everyone bottle conditioning or are some people filling from kegs?

I was thinking of kegging and buying a blichmann beer gun.

StalkingWilbur said:
Is everyone bottle conditioning or are some people filling from kegs?

I was thinking of kegging and buying a blichmann beer gun.
m going to bottle condition, hoping it's one less variable of me making shit beer =P

Wilkens

I'll be bottle conditioning.

Did you fall asleep during the boil, dent?

If it doesn't work out, you could always spend $100 on hops and brew a Flavour Country :D :icon_drool2:

Wilkensone said:
m going to bottle condition, hoping it's one less variable of me making shit beer =P

Wilkens
I actually thought kegging and bottling would be one less variable in me making shit beer. Can dial in carbonation volume on a reg. Never batch primed, only used carb drops and thinking two per PET bottle might be a little too much carb for a Robust Porter.

StalkingWilbur said:
I actually thought kegging and bottling would be one less variable in me making shit beer. Can dial in carbonation volume on a reg. Never batch primed, only used carb drops and thinking two per PET bottle might be a little too much carb for a Robust Porter.
I spoke to soon, or was half asleep. If you CC that drops the yeast out therefore not having anything to carb up the beer if I do bottle condition right? :unsure:

Mitch_76 said:
How many litres are you looking at going into the FV Dent? Will that be enough yeast for a HUGE beer.....
About 35L in the end. I think I'll leave it the gravity as is, so long as it gets below 1028 or so it should be OK balance wise. I hate putting tapwater in the fermenter and I'm feeling too lazy to boil some up and chill it. I did mash it for 90 mins at 63 degrees so hopefully there will be enough attenuation.

I didn't fall asleep, just wanted to be on the safe (big) side - there's only 4 litres between 1095 and 1105 at this scale so my eyeball based sight gauge wasn't too far off.

Wilkensone said:
I spoke to soon, or was half asleep. If you CC that drops the yeast out therefore not having anything to carb up the beer if I do bottle condition right? :unsure:
There's almost nothing you can do to filter out the yeast completely enough so that bottle conditioning wouldn't work. So, no, it'd be fine.

dent said:
There's almost nothing you can do to filter out the yeast completely enough so that bottle conditioning wouldn't work. So, no, it'd be fine.
Thanks dent, think I will bottle carb then :)

I blame dent for most things. The federal budget, gubment, inflation, social unrest. All dent's fault.

I guess I'm too busy brewing for you bastards for all that other stuff to get my full attention.

Hi Guys,
Any more spaces on the list? Brewing up a Rye APA if that helps (or hinders) my chances.
Cheers Ned

Excellent I'm on the list

1. dent - Baltic Porter (8-9%)
2. jyo- probably Oatmeal Stout with caramelised date syrup
3. OPEN
4. Nev**** Coppers (coopers) Can Goo Spectacular
5. smurray - 
6. Spoonta - 
7. keifer33 - American Stout
8. Mitch_76 - Dubbel Choc 8.5%
9. twocansam - something rubbish
10. Recharge - London brown ale
11.Rad - Amber ale
12. stormahead - Dirty water of some kind
13. Biggo - Braggot
14. StalkingWilbur - Robust Porter
15. danestead - american IPA
16. Krausenhaus - APA (would be an AIPA but I don't want to waste fresh bulk US hops on jyo and Nev.)
17. Neanderthal Black IPA
18. pilgrimspiss - Albany Dark Ale
19. Bada Bing - Some sort of lager maybe
20. Bigmacca- TBA
21.Aces High - Aussie Lager
22. ledgenko- something dark
23. wilkens - choc/vanilla porter
24. Ned - Rye APA

Back