2014 W.A. Xmas in July Case Swap.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys just wondering if I might be able to join the case swap? Is there any certain criteria you have to follow?
Im in stirling.

I'm new to this too but I would say:
- 740ml Pet bottles
- apparently make sure it is clear :p
- try brew something that isn't already on the list
- make sure you label it so people know what it is and who from

& have fun :chug:

Would it matter if the beer is in glass bottles? Don't actually own any pet bottles.

Milk-lizard84 said:
Would it matter if the beer is in glass bottles? Don't actually own any pet bottles.
Pretty sure it is a must, assuming for peoples safety :)

It really is preferable that they are bottled in PET. I know we all trust our own brewing skills to not create bottle bombs, but it sure makes me feel better when I'm handling 23 beers from other blokes that one of them isn't going to open up me or one of my kids.

That's fair enough. I had a bottle explode awhile ago when I opened it. Bloody scary stuff. I'll suss out the pet bottles then.

Should be able to get get about 30 for $30 from coopers or LHBS prettys ure.

Milk-lizard84 said:
That's fair enough. I had a bottle explode awhile ago when I opened it. Bloody scary stuff. I'll suss out the pet bottles then.
Don't forget that u will be receiving 24 pet bottles back as part of the swap anyway. It's not like it's a wasted $30.

BigW have a pretty constant supply of PET bottles aswell in the home brew section. Good thing this thread came up today as I need to find time to fit in the case swap brew.

Milk-lizard84 said:
Yeah. PET are a good idea.

Funny this should come up. Have a decent bruise on my chest from a crown seal. Bottle came out of a batch which had 1 broken bottle. Glad it wasn't my eye.

Shouldn't have sold me your kegs and then you wouldn't have that bruise haha.

True but if I used pet bottles I'd have been safe too and coulda saved half a bottle of chocolate stout.

OK Baltic Porter is in the kettle. On track for 1095 OG.

Forgot how much malt 19kg was - turned my 50L mash tun into one big boundie. Had to transfer the lot over to the 75L that I should have used in the first place.

The ol' Danish lager yeast better play ball on this one.

Haha, I bet it did! Would've been a stodge.

I'll be brewing my oatmeal stout next weekend, so should get 2 months in the bottle before the festivities. I'm still undecided whether to throw some saison yeast at it or go all traditional with some pommy yeast.

I will take requests.

I vote pommie. I put farmhouse yeast on a stout once for some bloody reason and it was pretty crap. At least it was until I freeze concentrated it to 20% ABV.

Overboiled a bit. 1105 :ph34r:

Tossing up whether to dilute or not. I guess accounting for the 3 or so litres of yeast cake etc that brings it down to 1100...

Back