2014 Vic Christmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys are we setting an ETA of the swap going down? I'm having to leave at some stage mid afternoon so would be nice to have swapped by then to take my wares, understand some may not have arrived who are swapping and if that is the case all good can pickup another time (if Idzy doesn't mind holding on to mine?).

Otherwise would everyone whos swapping be there by say 1-2pm to swapski?

Suits me. I will probably only get there mid afternoon and can't stay too long.....(mrsGrumpy's birthday and all that).

But I only live round the corner, so I plan on dropping my swaps and cube off in the morning, then coming back later when I can squeeze in an hour or so.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Hey guys are we setting an ETA of the swap going down? I'm having to leave at some stage mid afternoon so would be nice to have swapped by then to take my wares, understand some may not have arrived who are swapping and if that is the case all good can pickup another time (if Idzy doesn't mind holding on to mine?).

Otherwise would everyone whos swapping be there by say 1-2pm to swapski?
Agree Nath, definitely earlier the better

We're planning on getting there mid arvo. It is a bit of a drive though. Hopefully we don't hold anybody up too much.

Depending on space available at Idzy's Brauhaus (from memory, there's a bit available out of the sun just inside the "long" shed?), I'd suggest that everyone place their swap beers in a designated line on arrival. Once all the beers are "in", we go for the swappage & get it out of the way early (the last one at Yob's place was probably done at the wrong time.... :chug: )

As far as sleeping, I'd like to bagsie a spot right down the back of the shed, so I don't get covered in slobber from folks drooling all over the cars B)

Cold conditioning a little too cold...

1417079801168.jpg

so, crossing things off the list, first I wanted to give the HEX a good starsan CIP run with the pump.. check.. as my temp probe for it is essentially hard wired to the brew stand I went to make a new portable one.. get all the bits, NO ******* suitable silicone to seal it with... lucky im home mid day tmoz is all I can say..

Grain - Check
Hops - Check
Antifoam - Check
Nutrient - Check
pump - check
HEX - Check
MT - Check

Hope someones got lots of hoses.. the length I had for the last swap aint so long anymore :ph34r:

I'm passing KK at 3pm tomorrow arvo if you need anything and can drop off at idzys. Otherwise cya sat.

Yeah but he only wants 2 meters of it.

Hey Yob I've got a 4 meter hose that I'm bringing with my stuff with male camlocks on it.

Ha.. That's idzy's issue this time ;)

Is that your thermometer left from the last one? Anyway, it's in the box ;)

So I didn't brew anything BUT I forgot I had a keg of milk stout sitting in my fridge. How I ever forgot about this is beyond me. All carbed up and tasting schmick! I'll see if I can dig up the recipe and post it up.

Haven't got around to bottling yet. I may be doing this Saturday morning and swinging by later in the arvo for the swap.

1. Midnight Brew - Sons of Zeus IPA (Red X, Apollo, Bravo)
2. Grainer - Melandolin Induced Munich Dunkel - Think it came 4 out of 21 in recent comp
3. Idzy
4. Brewnut - Fruity Hopped Saison with Brett
5. Tahoose
6. Siborg - Milk Stout
7. Mardoo - Oaten Amber
8. Damn - Golden Ale or APA
9. technobabble66 (tentative)
10. Mayor of Mildura - IPA
11. JB - bastardised Zombie Dust
12. Navarau
13. mofox1 - Ella's Secret (Aust. IPA) Ella Pale / Galaxy Pale
14. GrumpyPaul - Red IPA
15. Luke1992
16. AJ80 - dusty sunrise (rye saison)
17. Whiteferret - Belgian Witbier
18. pedleyr
19. AndrewF - Northern English brown ale
20. djaroo7( Steam Beer)
21. DJ_L3THAL - my first Saison, wish me (or I suppose you) luck!
23. poggor Dr Pratt's Wit's End (Hefeweizen) drinking now
24. Meats

Reserves:
1. position 22 is vacant for anyone interested

Non-Swap Attendee:
1. 7 year old Vietnamese rubber farmer (Thong)
2. Manticle
3: Yob
4. Mardoo
5. Micbrew
6. SmallFry
7. Nullnvoid
8. AwesomeFury

Brewers/Cubers:
1. Idzy
2. technobabble66
3. Navarau
4. JB
5. Micbrew
6. mofox1
7. Damn
8. Mardoo
9. GrumpyPaul
10. Yob
11. AJ80
12. Whiteferret
13. pedleyr
14. Nullnvoid
15. Luke1992
16. MartinOC
17. Grainer
18. Brewnut
19. poggor - Reserve?

20. DJ_L3ThAL - Reserve?

Siborg said:
Haven't got around to bottling yet. I may be doing this Saturday morning and swinging by later in the arvo for the swap.
Ha! same old Si.. didnt you bottle the day you hosted quite a number of years ago?

Yob said:
Ha! same old Si.. didnt you bottle the day you hosted quite a number of years ago?
Yep! Most of my uni assignments were done the night before as well. Talk about leaving shit to the last minute, hey!

Back