2014 Vic Christmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Pale & Dark crystal plus the extra 3kg of Munich 2 were handed over to Mardoo today. So that part of the recipe should be covered, at least.

Warning: the 2 crystals were 2.755kg rather than 2.74kg.
So you might need to adjust the recipe. I know how anal Yob & his thumb are with recipes...

My thumb, Sir, is a highly tuned instrument.. But is only on call this brew session, it's idzy's thumb in action this time round ;)

idzy- I have 10kg of pale malt for the brew but it may be near impossible for me to get there on friday night (i will be stuck at work i think). i can come early on saturday but it will need to be milled. what do you suggest

You guys are very organised. Looks like everything is shaping up for a good day. I've got a few kegs ready. Including an experimentale that has been in a wine barrel for a year or so. This will be the first time it has been drunk so I'll whack a warning label on it as I have no idea if it is any good.

I still don't know if I can get there and if I can, whether I can bring hb. Would never rock up empty handed but might be commercial if I make it.
What was the upshot on glasses? BYO?

Fez, if you could knock up an ss one that would be awesome. Probably about 500mm. Happy to give ya some cash for it. Just sms'd my mate about it too :)

I have a keg to share but not the plumbing. Would I be able to slot it into someone's magic or do I need to finally sorted out my party situation.

djar007 said:
I have a keg to share but not the plumbing. Would I be able to slot it into someone's magic or do I need to finally sorted out my party situation.
Hi Djar, I can't make it on Saturday, but you can borrow my portable set-up if you want: neoprene parker for keg, mini-reg and gas bottle, and flow-control tap rigged for ball lock keg. Let me know if it would help.

EDIT: or I do have a two tap miracle box, which personally shits me to tears. Works great if beer is being delivered at a good rate, but can foam if going slow. Also on offer.

I've got a double-header magic box (ball-lock)& you're welcome to a tap....if I can dig the ******* thing out of the back of the shed.

Right now, I can't even see my brewing equipment for my partner's "improvised" wardrobe strung between my "naughty-corner" (brewery) shelving!!

EDIT: Just read the responses. Micbrew & djar007 have 1st-dib's on my Magioc-Box taps (liquid rental will be charged, of course!!) :chug:

Voting done today.. booyahhh

Ive started to gather all the bits and pieces for the day so Im not running round like a madman on Friday.. dayuuum

still need to flush HEX and starsan the shit out of everything.. work out how the hell Im fitting everything in the car... get ribs... er.. cook ribs..

shits gettin real :)

Ah! Erm...sorry, Yob, yes. I didn't realise you were placing dibs on using the box before, more the "other" thing we talked about...

I hereby, sheepishly rescind the previous offers to Micbrew & djar007 (I plead forgetfulness & stupidity, your Honour...& other things going on in MartinOC-land right now).

****! What a fortnight it's been......I'm really looking-forward to a day of "me" time next weekend.

BTW, I'll provide the Magic Box & a gas bottle (only one connection available).

Yob said:
Na, it's no problem, I know mines dust free ;) I'll bring it anyway
You're an absolute SHIT sometimes (in the nicest possible way.... :) ). How did you KNOW about the dust????

OK, then, previously rescinded offer to micbrew & djar007 rescinded & reinstated (gas bottle caveat notwithstanding). You guys will just have to juggle the gas requirements between you,

Latest posts

Back