2014 Vic Christmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottling done at last.

My swap beer will be definitely be there....woo hoo.

It will come with a warning to give it a good month-ish of carbing time.

But it will be worth the wait - tasting out of the fermenter I was wishing it was all going in my fridge.

My presence on the day is a bit in question - I have a few things come up that will probably mean I will only get to drop in for a bit

Just had one of my swap beers, glad I put a couple into stubbies...

Pretty happy with how it tastes, just hope you blokes enjoy it. I'm glad I have another 5 stubbies there for me anyway.

I'll bring some bits and bobs re keg dispensing, I'm sure we'll have it sorted out easy enough.

Just to be clear for the swappers....

There are 23 swappers (no 22 is still vacant)

So every case should have 23 beers

Thought the original numbers were 24, I'd say just bring 24 and we can do a lucky dip to see who gets an extra beer.

Tahoose said:
Thought the original numbers were 24, I'd say just bring 24 and we can do a lucky dip to see who gets an extra beer.
Actually yes bring 24.....

The extra case full can go to Idzy as host.

GrumpyPaul said:
Actually yes bring 24.....

The extra case full can go to Idzy as host.
23 swappers = give out 22 beers (don't give one to yourself)
then 1 to idzy
=23

Can someone PM me idzy's address - I can't find it anywhere. Or tell me where it's posted already?
Thanks!

To save confusion you bring the one for yourself as well.
= 24.

Hope you all got decent labels.

Looking forward to it like an excited kid going to luna park.

technobabble66 said:
23 swappers = give out 22 beers (don't give one to yourself)
then 1 to idzy
=23

Can someone PM me idzy's address - I can't find it anywhere. Or tell me where it's posted already?
Thanks!
I believe there will be a PM from Idzy coming with the address to everyone listed as an attendee/swapper/cuber

12mm 304SS...drool

1416981554262.jpg

idzy said:
12mm 304SS...drool
INSPIRED! It that just tube for the shaft and solid for the tip idzy?

is that a WHIRLPOOLINATOR?!

Could easily fab something up for my drill of a smaller scale as my mash paddle and by hand just isnt cool enough! Haha

DOH/... down to 23 bottles.. accidentally kicked one in the dark in the corridor and it cracked and exploded.. only a few small cuts on my foot.. lucky !!

Grainer said:
DOH/... down to 23 bottles.. accidentally kicked one in the dark in the corridor and it cracked and exploded.. only a few small cuts on my foot.. lucky !!
Glass bottles just don't like you do they! Atleast this one didn't send you to the emergency room this time.

Yob, did the last one bend and was it ss or copper? I've got a fair bit of annealed ss tube I can use but I might need to work harden it for strength.

Veering off topic sorry. Would've loved to get to this swap but life's a bit chaotic atm. Can someone please try and keep Grainer away from any glass, cheers.

Last one was copper, it didn't bend when in the wort though,I've a feeling that had it been filled with salt it may well be still in use but Hay, SS is better though right?

Yob said:
Details Idzy!! Send the details man... ;)
Sent. Let me know if you didn't get em guys.

Camo6 said:
INSPIRED! It that just tube for the shaft and solid for the tip idzy?
All solid bar.

Yob said:
Last one was copper, it didn't bend when in the wort though,I've a feeling that had it been filled with salt it may well be still in use but Hay, SS is better though right?
It actually did bend in the wort, once it heated up it got soft and went into an S shape. Tne new model shouldn't bend and should be a lot more balanced for greater whirlpool action :)

We will see....

Latest posts

Back