2013 Brisbane Spring Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
Anyone up for another pub crawl or is there too much stuff on already?
I was thinking of October, possibly go in reverse for a change ie. German Club, Brewhouse, Hoo Har Bar, Archive, Burrow, Scratch etc (maybe sneak in a quick tot at Clobbers on the way).

I'm out for 5th October, and possibly out for 12th.

19th and 26th: :super:

I like the idea of reversing it, although some big lusty Germans beers first thing in the morning may be a bit dangerous!! :party:

I'll have the bacon and eggs and a pint of your finest doppelbock.......

I have to lay off the IPAs this time so I can actually taste some other beers. And a definite no to the randal in Green Beacon if we go there again. That thing ruined my palate for at least 3 beers after that. :beerbang:

I was on one of the Intercontinental Pub Crawls a few years back that started at the German Club - where it almost stopped as well :D , took a fair bit to get the people moving......

I'd like to say I'll be a definite, but I'm a maybe at this stage, depending on funds and how much I can squirrel away.....

That's why P.U.B.S now have an annual visit to the German Club. However, since there are now various places to enjoy exceptional beers around Brisbane it might work now provided that there is no stop for a feed at the BGC because who wants to move on after a "Pork Knuckle" accompanied by Schenkerla UR Bock?

HD

Pork Knuckle & Schenkerla UR Bock for breakfast, thats pretty hardcore B)

I'm liking the 26th as well, and it gives me time to scrape together some cash.

Oh no not again :blink: ................Ok then I'm in. :beer:

Batz

sounds good perry count me in :icon_chickcheers: , until I pull out at the last gasp again due to unforseen bullshitness :angry2:

maybe a later kick off ? start with lunch at the german club rather than breakfast ? they start serving food at 12pm but the bar's open at 11 am

northside novice said:
sounds good perry count me in :icon_chickcheers: , until I pull out at the last gasp again due to unforseen bullshitness :angry2:

maybe a later kick off ? start with lunch at the german club rather than breakfast ? they start serving food at 12pm but the bar's open at 11 am

Later kick off......I don't like your chances there.

beer breccy.png

the germans don't start serving till 11 am? brewhouse opens at 10 am ..

maybe if they hear that the infamous sticker bandit is coming they will open at 7 am with strudels :lol:

Brewhouse would be a good starting point, then German for lunch. Do we then go: west end > milton > city > valley > newstead?

If we skip archive & scratch we could head straight to city via the story bridge hotel (I hear they have good beer) and maybe have time to give super what not some business as well as the embassy.

yeah , story bridge then citycat to beacon/tipplers for a nice river cruise with a few sneaky takeaways :drinks:

lukiferj said:
Liam's going? **** this, I'm out :lol:
Yeh, I am giving Liam one more chance after the last crawl. Might be just you and me Luke.. :D

northside novice said:
ha ha ha ha ha..... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..... phew, oh man. no wait, ha ha ha he he he ha ha ha... alright, I'm done. :p

A nice river cruise. How romantic...... :wub:

I pity all the other CityCat patrons having to deal with us 5 or 6 venues in.. ha ha

I must resist the randal at Green Beacon, I must!!!

Latest posts

Back