2011 Close-enough-to-get-to-adelaide Autumn Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Claire has used her power of veto to stop us hosting the next few swaps.

Normally she is very good about it and for some strange reason enjoys the company of you lot :huh: but the expanding belly has put pay to that...... :lol:
Sounds like Congratulations are in order then. :beer:

Im very keen! Name is on the list! and i now have perfect temp controll! ;) Im doing my first AG this weekend so i will get a few practice ones in before the swap! Also i have 5 hop plants in so i may be able to use some of the flowers depending on date?
Location, north, east, or the the Hills are good for me, But saying that i will drag my lazy ass down south or west!
Id put my hand up... (Ridgehaven) but my Man room in the back yard (would hold 25) that has a WC, Air con, sink, Bar....currently has now power conected! :( Might be up and running by Jan? Any nice sparkys on here!? ;)

Maybe you'll be interested in the 2011 Close-Enough-To-Get-To-Adelaide Autumn Case Swap!
beer.gif
Maybe? MAYBE? What was I thinking?

Just for posterity, I'll point out that the list reached the half-way mark within about 9 hours of my OP. Extrapolating this, we should expect around 3,500 people. I call dibs on not cooking the BBQ.

Im very keen! Name is on the list! and i now have perfect temp controll! ;) Im doing my first AG this weekend so i will get a few practice ones in before the swap! Also i have 5 hop plants in so i may be able to use some of the flowers depending on date?
Location, north, east, or the the Hills are good for me, But saying that i will drag my lazy ass down south or west!
Id put my hand up... (Ridgehaven) but my Man room in the back yard (would hold 25) that has a WC, Air con, sink, Bar....currently has now power conected! :( Might be up and running by Jan? Any nice sparkys on here!? ;)

I'm NOT a sparky...
I don't live in Greenwith...

I am not nice... :p

I'm on the list this time and hell or high water I'll be there. Can I make the suggestion that, if its going to be around March (if I read the thread correctly) that it not be held the same weekend as the Clipsal 500. I have to get my Bogan on that weekend...

This is unreal. I like Smurto, didn't check the forum for a bit and the list is half full!!!

Shaping up to outdo the QLD'rs

Please oh please let me not be busy or have some other pre-arranged thing on the weekend that this gets decided...

Tyler

Late March is possibly best. Mrs Hatchy & I will be at WOMAD with the hippys the weekend before Tyler is at the car race with the bogans. 26/3? I reckon the Whyalla blokes have that weekend off.

OK guys im in, miss going and attending the swaps, What to make??? Will be brewing a few test batches to see me thinks

Cheers

I'm happy with the 26th...

Renmark water skiing weekend on the 14th, Bogan race meeting on the 20th :chug: , CaseSwap= bigger pissup?? on the 26th?? :beerbang: . My liver is going to get a workout in the month of March!!!

26th works out awesome for me!!!

Wow. Amazed at the progress of the list and preparations. By the end of the day the pizzas will be ordered :lol:

I have no issue with 26/3 as a good tentative date. It does look like it fits in best with other events.

Now, if we can get the preparedness to follow through to the beers, we can all have matured, ready to drink beers for the swap... and a good keg-to-attendee ratio for the night.

Thinking a big Rye IPA this time :super: ...hmmm its been a couple of years. although autumn maybe a huge smoked porter :icon_drool2:

So many beers...Pliny the Elder is also on the list of things to brew, you may get lucky.

Thinking a big Rye IPA this time :super: ...hmmm its been a couple of years. although autumn maybe a huge smoked porter :icon_drool2:

So many beers...Pliny the Elder is also on the list of things to brew, you may get lucky.

Rye IPA - Link

Made a variation of this one a few times. Used simcoe, centennial and cascade. :chug:

Rye IPA - Link

Made a variation of this one a few times. Used simcoe, centennial and cascade. :chug:

Had tried this one a couple of years ago but swapped out the Mt hood for a blend of Amarillo and Simcoe. Thinking a blend of Simcoe, Amarillo, Centennial and for a little spice and interest some Northern Brewer or Magnum

Second time lucky... :)
I've now got a couple of tasty brews kegged under the house, so just need to build a bottle filler-upper

I can potentially offer a hosting location in the Hills @ Bridgewater... The leader of the opposition has agreed not to block it, and I'll send the offspring, dogs, and chickens to a kennel for the night so they're not a nuissance / temptation :blink:

Site has quick access via freeway (20 mins from CBD) and is close to a bus stop
Has lots of room with no close neighbours, about 160 m2 outdoor undercover area, and a hectare of land
Also includes all the standard necessities like power, cooking facilities, tunes, fire pump and sprinkler system at no extra cost.

Dave

I've now got a couple of tasty brews kegged under the house, so just need to build a bottle filler-upper

I can potentially offer a hosting location in the Hills @ Bridgewater... The leader of the opposition has agreed not to block it, and I'll send the offspring, dogs, and chickens to a kennel for the night so they're not a nuissance / temptation :blink:

Has lots of room with no close neighbours, about 160 m2 outdoor undercover area, and a hectare of land
Also includes all the standard necessities like power, cooking facilities, tunes, fire pump and sprinkler system at no extra cost.

Dave

I'll take it.

Dave

Sounds the business.

I'm up for swapping, should be able to fit something into the schedule. Will attend dependent on date, again.

Now, what to brew...?

you could brew that hop monster with the extra 10g's of hops it was missing.. :lol:

250g @ 20 min instead of 240? Giving it a total of 5.81kg of hops for the 23L batch. I recommend smoking a hop cigarette while drinking it too.

& the hops on the cornflakes for breakfast on brewday.

Back