2011 Close-enough-to-get-to-adelaide Autumn Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps we could start an actual list on this thread? I'll start it off, and I'll go out on a limb and assume QB wants to be on the list already.

1- QuantumBrewer
2- peas_and_corn

I really think an article would be better instead of clogging up a discussion thread - unless you are trying to keep the topic in the latest threads...

I really think an article would be better instead of clogging up a discussion thread - unless you are trying to keep the topic in the latest threads...

What he said.

Could we have the discussion about the swap in the discussion about the article thread as well to make it easier to find?

Edit: 4. Hatch

Nice work with the link back here but I meant I couldn't find the article last time. Can a mod move this to the discussion about the article?

this thread has all the potential too beat a QLD swap thread by the time it comes around ... Haha ...

Just maybe B)

Nice work with the link back here but I meant I couldn't find the article last time. Can a mod move this to the discussion about the article?
Wasn't sure about requesting that move - the 'discussion' link in the article for the recent swap doesn't seem to lead anywhere for me.

Easiest way to find it is to click 'articles' in the green bar at the top under the sponsors. If it's not in the 'recently updated' box, have a look at Xmas Case Swaps.

24 longnecks = 2 cases (volume) = 1 'single', 'standard' batch. As it was I forgot to scale my recipe and only *just* had enough for the total number of swappers.
DOH :excl: - didn't think about that, guess that's why we have a 25 number.

Well, if it does look like numbers will exceed 25 by a large margin, perhaps
a second list is the go and maybe some people might be willing to do two
batches.

Tom.

The offer of longnecks still stands from the previous swap although I no longer have enough bottles to be able to cater to every swapper.

This is pretty cool that so many blokes are keen for this, has anyone (apart from Awesome Fury) even finished the beers from the last swap.
I also have a fair number of longnecks I am willing to part with, can't be bothered with bottling since I got kegs. Even big beers go in a keg these days.
Nige

I was also thinking that Kieren someone may be keen for that. I heard that Kieren someone had 3 beers bottled to choose from for the last swap.

Jaysus, you walk away from the computer for a few mins and only make it to #10 on the list.

Already planning my beer. A roggen. I'll brew a few batches prior to 'test' out my recipe and see if i can make a dent in the 25kg bag of rye :chug:

Super excited about more than 2 case swap per year given the number of amazing brewers we have in this state :beerbang:

This is pretty cool that so many blokes are keen for this, has anyone (apart from Awesome Fury) even finished the beers from the last swap.

I've only got 2 to go. and number 11 this time. I reckon I might do my dfh 60 clone again.

This will be an AHB organised event. I am not the 'owner' of this event, just the instigator, and as such I will have no veto power in making decisions. All decisions regarding this event will be made publicly by those wishing to host/attend/participate via this thread. While all aspects are up for debate, I would personally like to encourage the following;

Cheers, everyone!

My vote goes for North of the city this time - good to move it around a little. I've heard great things about swaps at your place DrSmurto, but it is a little out of the way.

I reckon we wait until we build up enough people intending to come before we discuss any finer points. Good to see some people already on board though. :beer:

If brewers live down South of the City and the swap is North of the City IMHO Mt Torrens is not that far to go. Either way I "should" be able to make this one pending dates of course. As for enough attending I reckon the answer will be a no brainer. Is your place available QB?

BYB

the nuriootpa and mt torrens swaps/events have been awesome. i'm waay down south but the drive for these events doesn't at all bother me, completely outweighed by the awesomeness.

I'm up for swapping, should be able to fit something into the schedule. Will attend dependent on date, again.

Now, what to brew...?

Claire has used her power of veto to stop us hosting the next few swaps.

Normally she is very good about it and for some strange reason enjoys the company of you lot :huh: but the expanding belly has put pay to that...... :lol:

EDIT - Given i may have played some small part in that I'm going to allow her vote. We'll put our hands up again at some point down the track.

2nd EDIT - I will make up for it by bringing along a keg of Landlord and serving it through the handpump :icon_drool2:

Claire has used her power of veto to stop us hosting the next few swaps.

Normally she is very good about it and for some strange reason enjoys the company of you lot :huh: but the expanding belly has put pay to that...... :lol:

EDIT - Given i may have played some small part in that I'm going to allow her vote. We'll put our hands up again at some point down the track.

2nd EDIT - I will make up for it by bringing along a keg of Landlord and serving it through the handpump :icon_drool2:

Jasmin is still happy to let me hold the swap even though my belly is expanding...

Don't know what smurto's missus problem is? :lol:

If brewers live down South of the City and the swap is North of the City IMHO Mt Torrens is not that far to go. Either way I "should" be able to make this one pending dates of course. As for enough attending I reckon the answer will be a no brainer.
Not sure why you quoted me there, but I was merely stating an opinion. If people are happy to drive that far then I'm all for it.

Is your place available QB?
Sadly, my missus refuses to let me host one here. Partly due to the stories I've regaled her with about other swaps. Partly due to the same expanding belly syndrome that Mrs Smurto is experiencing... Oh, and CONGRATS DrSmurto!(?)

Back