2010 Adelaide and Mildura Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(I have some green/white dessicated coconut beer topping if anyone is super hungry... :icon_vomit: )

I am happy to bring whatever type of food we are short on.

That would change the way they cook - surface-to-volume ratio and all.

I'll aim for at least one each. Don't blame me though if you arrive late to find I've eaten yours too.

Aside from DrSmurto's patented (or is that painted?) chicken, who else has some food to bring?

I think at least 1 person would debate that my chicken recipe is food...... :icon_chickcheers:

I'll see if Mrs Hatchy wants to make a slow cooked curry. If it was up to me to organise tucker I'd be doing a trip to coles for some snags & a loaf of bread.

I'll see if Mrs Hatchy wants to make a slow cooked curry. If it was up to me to organise tucker I'd be doing a trip to coles for some snags & a loaf of bread.

And who has an issue with that :icon_drool2: :lol:

BYB

I'll bring some soy sausages for the BBQ! But I suppose I'll be the only one eating them.

I'll bring some soy sausages for the BBQ! But I suppose I'll be the only one eating them.
mate, if i get time off for good behavior i will bring some other veg-o friendly offerings.
we can sit in the corner together eating our gruel and looking pale ... :rolleyes:

Both my swap beer and the beer i bring along are vegan friendly......

There is a plus side to being lazy :icon_cheers:

I'll bring some of the marinade along before i add it to the chicken so you can coat your soy creations in it and share in the pain. :beerbang:

mate, if i get time off for good behavior i will bring some other veg-o friendly offerings.
we can sit in the corner together eating our gruel and looking pale ... :rolleyes:
That would be the 'windy' corner :lol:

Ahhhrr crap,

I just noticed I've been put on the swapping list... totally forgot about that :unsure:

The good news is I've steeped some chook grain through a pillowcase and have a brew almost ready, the problem is I don't have any bottles!

Can anyone recommend a place to pick up a couple of dozen long necks?

Ta

Dave

most bottleO's have them. there full but that shouldnt be a problem. :D

Ahhhrr crap,

I just noticed I've been put on the swapping list... totally forgot about that :unsure:

The good news is I've steeped some chook grain through a pillowcase and have a brew almost ready, the problem is I don't have any bottles!

Ta

Dave
Send Hatchy a message. He was offering bottles earlier in this thread.

Bottles all sorted thanks to Hatchy...

...and to Boston for the tip off :icon_cheers:

Ahhhrr crap,

Ta

Dave
I get my Coopers longnecks from the Magill bottle recycling - they charge 40cents each
- first clean often needs a bit of effort though. Also, did someone say we should be
using PET bottles for the swapping?

Anyways, I've got a batch of longnecks that have been soaking in sod.perc for about a
week and would need a final bottle brush/water jet spray inside, another soak of sod.perc
and final phos acid/starsan rinse before bottling you can have if you need things pronto.
And promise to carb to lowish volume.

T.

Oops! Just saw the situation under control post but if anyone else is caught short a bit...

I've still got stacks (literally) of longnecks that I'm unlikely to ever have a use for. I scored another dozen yesterday when I had some mates round for a brewday & we emptied the only keg I had full. 1 of my mates had to get a slab of coopers. I've got heaps of crown seal stubbies I don't need as well.

Its a feast or a famine mate!

You have provided probably 60% of the empties for this years case swap.

I am brewing a brown ale atm for my replacement swap beer.

Fridge has been nuked and new fermentor soaking in napisan right now. About to sparge.

Snap, me too

Regards Tony

Its a feast or a famine mate!

You have provided probably 60% of the empties for this years case swap.

Fridge has been nuked and new fermentor soaking in napisan right now. About to sparge.

I had a sample stubby of my apa last night which tasted ok. It's unlikely to be the best beer at the swap but it was pretty nice. Had a taste of both of Kieren's beers as well which were awesome.

I reckon it's 13 dozen bottles I've given away for the swap. I've got no idea how I ended up with so many bottles.

Latest posts

Back