2009 Nsw Xmas In July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it is late, but I am formulating my recipe tonight... Looking like another US IPA, but with some homegrown wet hops this time.

i was thinking mandarin as ive got a tree full.
as for teasing fg maybe, maybe not. we will only find out on the day.

Happy to take one of your mandarin beers at rhe side bar swap ... I'll give you a beer with real malt and hop flavour so you can see that there are real beers out there :p

Oh, maybe you're just teasing "fg". I'm sure I promised him a bottle of passionfuit blonde when I make one soon.

Waiting, always waiting ............... :rolleyes:

I know it is late, but I am formulating my recipe tonight... Looking like another US IPA, but with some homegrown wet hops this time.

I can hear the self appointed case swap nazi loosening the vocal cords .......................... :ph34r:

right one mandarin for fatz,
ill bring a bottle to try on the day as well.

ok just finished bottling the honey ginger, whats the final numbers at this stage cause ive looked at the wiki and came up with 21. is this right?

ok just finished bottling the honey ginger, whats the final numbers at this stage cause ive looked at the wiki and came up with 21. is this right?

Rely on 22 .. one just in case a new swapper arrives, reality will be 20 cos 1 always drops out late. Hope you have 24 beers (one to taste in a few weeks and one to leave for when the tastings come in .. something to re visit and say .. yes , I see where you are coming from ..)

thats fine it was a double batch ending up with 50 odd bottles. plus it currently on tap and a spare keg waiting to be tapped.
hows yours going?

thats fine it was a double batch ending up with 50 odd bottles. plus it currently on tap and a spare keg waiting to be tapped.
hows yours going?

I'm listening to the kolsh lagering away saying "I'm cold ... isn't it nice" :party:

hmmm kolsh. looking forward to it.

hmmm kolsh. looking forward to it.

proof will be in the pudding as they say. I love the flavours the kolsch yeast bring to what's probably a pilsener grain bill (more complex if I can say that) - doubt its anything like they serve in Cologne but I like it !

didnt get a kolsh while in germany so it will be the first in a while.

no they dont but theres a plane. actually doing the figures on the honey ginger and it looks like its a mid strength coming in at 3% abw and 3.8% abv. still tastes good got the seal of approval from swmbo

no they dont but theres a plane. actually doing the figures on the honey ginger and it looks like its a mid strength coming in at 3% abw and 3.8% abv. still tastes good got the seal of approval from swmbo

The Navy should stay on the water !

Bring two bottles of your HG for me .. one to criticize publically and the other to savour quietly without judgment !

ok i will only if i get 2 from you. also i wont post the pm about how much you loved the raspberry wheat and how you asked for the recipe :blink: :blink:

Looking forward to your Kolsch in late October FGZ.

I'm tossing up between an Oktoberfest and a Golden Strong Ale, both fermenting now. Best tasting gets the nod.

ok i will only if i get 2 from you. also i wont post the pm about how much you loved the raspberry wheat and how you asked for the recipe :blink: :blink:

Hey, I said don't marry her, I was man enough for both of us ............................. or was that the other thread :blink:

I said I enjoyed ONE BOTTLE of the raspberry wheat .. you promised you wouldn't tell

I think I'll go to bed and cry now :(

I'm tossing up between an Oktoberfest and a Golden Strong Ale, both fermenting now. Best tasting gets the nod

Edit : Drinking an average Irish Red to get rid of the keg .. would prefer either of your brews .. trust me !

nite then fatz. ive still got the other keg of that raspberry wheat from last year if you need some beer

Looking forward to your Kolsch in late October FGZ.

I'm tossing up between an Oktoberfest and a Golden Strong Ale, both fermenting now. Best tasting gets the nod.

My golden strong is done and bottled ready to go, so in the interests of variety I'd like another taste of your oktoberfest.

cheers

grant

Back