2009 Nsw Xmas In July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where's the case swap Nazi when you need him?

I'm here !!!

We need Retsamhsam to confirm some details about his place - his missus is due about now to have a baby so he may be preoccupied at the moment ! I was hoping to do a bit of a brew there for the sake of it so that's still on the cards. Again, more info as we get closer. Ret lives at Colyton and we will use the same park as last time as a fallback if his place becomes unavailable.

More details as we get them !

ill check with the swimbo but i cant see any problem with falling back to my place if we have to. ill ask when she gets home.

I'm here !!!

We need Retsamhsam to confirm some details about his place - his missus is due about now to have a baby so he may be preoccupied at the moment ! I was hoping to do a bit of a brew there for the sake of it so that's still on the cards. Again, more info as we get closer. Ret lives at Colyton and we will use the same park as last time as a fallback if his place becomes unavailable.

More details as we get them !

OK guys, time has managed to get away from me with the new baby in june and all, but the 25 th is still good for me...

We probably should get a list giong as to who is bringing what. Gas will only be a problem if we end up doing a brew, as I only have the one bottle. My brewing equipment consists of a 60L stock pot and a 55L mash tun and I can generally squeeze out 40L of 1.050 wort at the most, so I'm not sure how many people will be able to take wort home, let me know what you guys want to do.

Acouple of things that spring to mind:

Meat
Salad
Glassware (I remember Fatz having some glassware which might be suitable). If not I can pick up some plastic cups, as long as people don't mind drinking out of plastic.
I have afew brews on tap at the moment but nothing that I am overly happy with, so if someone wants to bring a keg of something or if afew people want to bring some half kegs it would be good.
Bread rolls
Paper plates
Plastic cutlery

We will need to confirm how many people are attending to determine how much meat and salad we need. Feel free to add anything you can think of.

ill be there. i think the easiest way with the meat is for everyone to bring a bit. im happy to bring the onion and a small keg of something.

There's about 21 on the list, I don't think everyone can make it though. Here's a bit of a list.

I'd be interested in watching/helping a proper AG batch get made and I'm more than happy to contribute whatever is required towards it. For me a specific recipe isn't that important, it's more about learning the techniques.

Stuff to Bring to RetsamHsam ....

Eating

Troy ... 1.5 kg Snags
.......... 1.5 kg rissoles/hamburgers
.......... 1.5 kg sandwich steaks
.......... 1 kg onions - cut up
.......... 1 x Salad - Green
.......... 1 x Salad - Spud
.......... 1 x Salad - other (whoever had the fancy one with the figs ... that was a cracker!)
.......... 2 x loaves bread
.......... 2 dozen bread rolls
.......... 1 x Bottle BBQ & Tomatoe Sauce
.......... Glassware
.......... Paper plates & plastic cutlery

Brewing

Troy ... 1 x gas bottle (4.5kg) - It's still pretty full, happy to bring it along
.......... ?? kg of Grain
.......... ?? grams of Hops

There's about 21 on the list, I don't think everyone can make it though. Here's a bit of a list.

Eating

Troy ... 1.5 kg Snags
.......... 1 x Salad - other (whoever had the fancy one with the figs ... that was a cracker!)
FGZ.......... 1 x Bottle BBQ & Tomatoe Sauce
FGZ.......... Glassware
FGZ.......... Paper plates & plastic cutlery
plenty of all three left over from last swap !

Brewing

Troy ... 1 x gas bottle (4.5kg) - It's still pretty full, happy to bring it along
FGZ.......... ?? grams of Hops (got way too much of the stuff)
I was thinking of a BIAB as never done one .. your garage still good for that Ret ? I've a proper BIAB bag. Reckon the new boys like Troy can take home the wort.

Eating

Troy ... 1.5 kg Snags
FGZ.......... Glassware

Brewing

I was thinking of a BIAB as never done one .. your garage still good for that Ret ? I've a proper BIAB bag. Reckon the new boys like Troy can take home the wort.

Garage should be good for it.. Someone will need to donate a BIAB bag to the cause though..

Eating

Troy ... 1.5 kg Snags
barls... 1.5 kg rissoles/hamburgers
Barls... 1 kg onions - cut up
FGZ.......... Glassware

Brewing

im happy to brew as well. if you need any gear ive got a few things like 55L mash tun,urn and 70L pot

Eating

Troy ... 1.5 kg Snags
Grantw...... 2 x loaves bread
Grantw...... 2 dozen bread rolls
FGZ.......... Glassware

Brewing

im happy to brew as well. if you need any gear ive got a few things like 55L mash tun,urn and 70L pot

Eating

Troy ... 1.5 kg Snags
Gulpa.. 1 x Salad - Spud
FGZ.......... Glassware

Brewing

Eating

Troy ... 1.5 kg Snags
Bizier.. 1 x Salad - other (ha.. other)
FGZ.......... 1 x Bottle BBQ & Tomato Sauce
FGZ.......... Glassware

Brewing

Bizier: I have a 100L pot with pickup & valve which I can fit my spiral & reg inside, I will check if I can get it there. Provided there is something to hang the bag from we can push it to a 70L-ish batch maybe. Maybe a low gravity beer mashed high?

Bizier: I have a 100L pot with pickup & valve which I can fit my spiral & reg inside, I will check if I can get it there. Provided there is something to hang the bag from we can push it to a 70L-ish batch maybe. Maybe a low gravity beer mashed high?

Sounds like a good idea. I have a Rambo burner which would probably have enough grunt to get 90L boiling rapidly, but if you bring the burner along we could use my pot as a dedicated HLT (If we can't obtain a BIAB bag that is).

And again.

Eating

Troy ... 1.5 kg Snags
Gulpa.. 1 x Salad - Spud
FGZ.......... Glassware

Brewing

I won't be there, but I will leave a bottle of Ordinary Bitter and Belgian Pale Ale with Rets for tasting on the day.

Looks like I won't be able to make it to the day this time around again lads, sporting commitments.
I'll throw in a few extra longies of random brews to fill up my 2 crates worth...i'm sure they'll find a good home. ;)

Eating

Troy ... 1.5 kg Snags
andrew.gaul... 1.5 kg sandwich steaks
Gulpa.. 1 x Salad - Spud
FGZ.......... Glassware

Brewing

Eating

Troy ... 1.5 kg Snags
andrew.gaul... 1.5 kg sandwich steaks
Gulpa.. 1 x Salad - Spud
FGZ.......... Glassware

Brewing

Bizier........ Brining 100L pot with pickup & valve + spiral & reg + large BIAB bag.

Looking good for the swap. Seems like a few blokes can't make the day so they will organise someone to transport their beers for them. If anyone is struggling to find someone to do this, say now and organise early !

You Sydney blokes, anyone going anywhere near Petersham ? Left a sack with 9kg of grain at Pollux's place that I'd really appreciate someone collecting for me and taking to the swap. Anyone close to there ?

Back