2009 Nsw Xmas In July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh

WSB
Reaction score
Since there's no thread yet, this is it.

RetsamHsam has offered to host.

As usual the standard rules apply:

1. You will supply 28 bottles of your finest hand crafted to be delivered to a designated drop off point to be determined. There will be drop off points in yet to be determined locations.
2. The bottle shall be either 750 or 800ml tallies. Screwtops are acceptable. NO CHAMPAGNE BOTTLES OR PET!
3. Your contribution shall be delivered to the drop off point in milk crates which aid in easy sorting.
4. The places will be limited to the first 28 who register their interest. If there are any extra, then there will be an alternate list opened. If you decide to put your name in now and due to unforseen circumstances have to withdraw close to the swap date, it is your responsibility to find a replacement, otherwise it will be pins in voodoo dolls for 30 days
5. The date for the swap will be determined by the end of June, but it will suit the host and most swappers.

:beerbang:

1. Josh
2. RetsamHsam
4. Fatgodzilla

1. You will supply 28 bottles of your finest hand crafted to be delivered to a designated drop off point to be determined. There will be drop off points in yet to be determined locations.
2. The bottle shall be either 750 or 800ml tallies. Screwtops are acceptable. NO CHAMPAGNE BOTTLES OR PET!
3. Your contribution shall be delivered to the drop off point in milk crates which aid in easy sorting.
4. The places will be limited to the first 28 who register their interest. If there are any extra, then there will be an alternate list opened. If you decide to put your name in now and due to unforseen circumstances have to withdraw close to the swap date, it is your responsibility to find a replacement, otherwise it will be pins in voodoo dolls for 30 days
5. The date for the swap will be determined by the end of June, but it will suit the host and most swappers.

1. Josh
2. RetsamHsam
4. Fatgodzilla
5. Gulpa

Geez that was quick. :p

cheers
Andrew.

1. Josh
2. RetsamHsam
3. Muggus (is there a reason number 3 is empty!?)
4. Fatgodzilla
5. Gulpa

Hahaha You guys are keen! Just completed one swap and now you want another...I love it!

I actually thought about this the other day and was of the oppinion that no-one could possibly consider 3 swaps in the space of the year...but here we are!

Looking forward to it lads. I'm gonna have to make something ridiculously overboard (Imperial!?) for this one. After 3 swaps (and ~70 longies of various homebrew around the state) I figure you're taste buds and brains need a thorough thrashing for considering such a thing!

I'm keen to go again, cheers -

1. Josh
2. RetsamHsam
3. Muggus (is there a reason number 3 is empty!?)
4. Fatgodzilla
5. Gulpa
6. nifty

1. Josh
2. RetsamHsam
3. Muggus (I think numbers flowed over from today's swap)
4. Fatgodzilla
5. Gulpa
6. nifty
7. Bizier

Hahaha You guys are keen! Just completed one swap and now you want another...I love it!

I actually thought about this the other day and was of the oppinion that no-one could possibly consider 3 swaps in the space of the year...but here we are!

We aint wimps Michael ! :p

Talked RetsamHsam into hosting the next swap at his place as he has a large garage and a newborm baby whose head will need wetting ! He's at Colyton which is close to where we had the Easter swap - I think we might use that site again in the future ! Difference this time around may be we have a brew day so we can smell mashing / boiling wort while drinking. If we go mega, I'm sure the ISB can be bribed to loan the gear for by greasing a palm or two. Second idea was we do a BIAB demonstration on the day. I'm sure we can organise the gear and I'd love to see it done. The host can keep the wort. It will also depend if Damo has somewhere to hang a bag from in his shed !

For the record, we have decided that in all case swaps, I want to be number 4 and as Josh seems to start each thread, he is number 1. Pretty simple eh !

Paraphrasing Roy & HG, "When too many case swaps is never enough ..............."

REMEMBER - GO TO THE "ARTICLES" AREA ABOVE TO ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST

I don't think I had even made it home on saturday by the time this thread had started up.

Looks like my name is already on the list.. Thanks Josh!!

1. Josh
2. RetsamHsam "ESB of Some Sort"
3. Muggus
4. Fatgodzilla "Big Red Dingo Ale"
5. Gulpa
6. nifty
7. Bizier
8. Cortez The Killer
9. Thommo
10. Grantw
11. Insight
12. Stuster
15.Syd_03

Needs more Dog!!

untitled.JPG

OK, I'm in again, that is if my Easter swap beer doesn't get fed to the pigs...

Now, I just have to find something to brew between now and then that will be of a suitable standard.

Lucky #13 again too!

Is there any more interest in this or is it going to be a 'Pint sized' swap like the easter one?

Makes it easier to brew and bottle if it's a smaller swap. It'll be quality not quantity. :D

1. Josh
3. Muggus
5. Gulpa
6. nifty
7. Bizier
8. Cortez The Killer
9. Thommo
10. Grantw
11. Insight
12. Stuster
13.Troy Dack
14.Monkeybusiness
15.Syd_03

Aaah, the lure of the swap she be too great to resist.

If we don't get the numbers for a full two case swap I'll drop to a reserve if necessary to keep it to the 14 bottles.

If we don't get the numbers for a full two case swap I'll drop to a reserve if necessary to keep it to the 14 bottles.

It wasn't an even case for the Easter Swap and I don't think anybody was terribly put out by that. From memory those that brought along the extras from their swap batch did some extra swaps on the side, so everyone went away happy.

1. Josh
3. Muggus
5. Gulpa
6. nifty
7. Bizier
8. Cortez The Killer
9. Thommo
10. Grantw
11. Insight
12. Stuster
13.Troy Dack
14.Monkeybusiness
15.Syd_03

Numbers not the problem. I came up with just under two cases and went home with just under two cases - that side bar swap was a good idea eh ! Can't see why we can't do it again ! Stu got the quality bit right, the names here represent some of the best brewers in NSW and a high standard has been set B) Could do with a few more souls though !

On the day, I was thinking we should have a "demo brew". My first thoughts was like at Barl's place with a mega brew and cubes going home, but I think that's a bit too much effort for the day. Second thoughts are along the lines of brewing something different - I thought a BIAB using "different" ingredients such as polenta or rice and hop hop flowers etc. Stuff most of us read about but probably don't use (regularly) RetsamHsam can keep the wort and ferment it, maybe saving a bottle for all who attend at the next swap (though if it was me I'd say it was infected and I had to throw it out and keep all for myself) :p .

Anyway, we'll decide that one a little later

Back