2008 Perth Royal Beer Show

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who's Roy ? :unsure: I will drop of entries for any GB customers. I can store them in the cool room and then load up the ute. If you dont see me for a while................
Anybody got thier labels yet ?
GB

Who's Roy ? :unsure: I will drop of entries for any GB customers. I can store them in the cool room and then load up the ute. If you dont see me for a while................
Anybody got thier labels yet ?
GB

Yeah Nev I got mine. Thanks for the delivery offer, might drop the entries down to you on Saturday?

I'm just going through the Classes 13-17 in the Comp Guidelines and I'm a bit confused - can any of the enlightened Brethren clear this up for me ?

The reference listed for the categories is the BJCP - which is fine. But I'm having difficulty translating between that & the Classes.

13 B - lager - European Lager - is that like a Bo Pils; a bit darker, maltier and less bitter than say 13 C - Lager Pilsener - would that be right ?

Also would 13 D - Lager - Dark Lager be like a Scwarzbier ? rather than a Marzen which is listed under 13 - E Lager - Other as an example

TIA

Looks like the confusion tactics worked Goat, that Marzen was fantastic.

Congratulations to Spesh on his stout win in the commercials, and to our own weekend warrior Vlad for best amateur beer. Maybe he does know his ass from his diacetyl after all.

That's a bit cheeky... :D

Congrats once again Ian, the beer was fantastic. I think it's about time I pulled all those bugs out of the yeast fridge and started preparing for the acid-beer onslaught that will be PRBS 2009! And congrats to everyone else that got medals, there sure were a lot of them.

Anyone with a catalogue want to scan/photograph/transcribe the results for those without to leisurely peruse on a seedy saturday afternoon?

Dont know what happened to the rest of the crowd ?
GB
Someone said "Meet you next door"... I think they meant The Loft next door to The Red Room where we were. I went 'next door' to LC and had a beer.

A great night at the Loft following a fantastic afternoon - though it was a bit of a slow start yesterday.

Well done to Ian, Asher, Rob and Neville - there are a lot of bristling Pool Rooms amongst the AHB/WCB members and that Berliner Wiesse was bloody stunning, dsrved r

I was going to enter 5 beers (whatever I had left-over in kegs) but two did not pass the final tasting test, so I put in 3 - each one bottoming its class in results... got a bit of work to do there I think. <_<

Someone said "Meet you next door"... I think they meant The Loft next door to The Red Room where we were. I went 'next door' to LC and had a beer.
Every body has been really quite/absent since Friday's effort ."Presumed missing in action" I had the Albany Ale works guys Whistling Jack and Tom "The Dude" drop in for a few beers on Saturday afternoon, Great day, good company and good beers.I was invited to go and do the Micros in the Valley with them but declined after checking the size of my liver. :D
GB

Every body has been really quite/absent since Friday's effort ."Presumed missing in action" I had the Albany Ale works guys Whistling Jack and Tom "The Dude" drop in for a few beers on Saturday afternoon, Great day, good company and good beers.I was invited to go and do the Micros in the Valley with them but declined after checking the size of my liver. :D
GB
I heading back into town at 4 and had a couple at the BM. Alpha is just such a good beer. Was pretty happy with my results. All of the beers that ending up on the tasting table were excellent. There's always a moment's trepidation when you put a home brew to your lips, but in this instance every of a highly professional standard.

I heading back into town at 4 and had a couple at the BM. Alpha is just such a good beer. Was pretty happy with my results. All of the beers that ending up on the tasting table were excellent. There's always a moment's trepidation when you put a home brew to your lips, but in this instance every of a highly professional standard.
I couldnt taste any thing after tasting the Pale with the ship load of Galaxy hop finish , boy that hop is soooo strong in profile , I can still smell it coming out of my skin.
GB

I couldnt taste any thing after tasting the Pale with the ship load of Galaxy hop finish , boy that hop is soooo strong in profile , I can still smell it coming out of my skin.
GB

That beer was the highlight of the afternoon!

I had every intention of making it to the loft that evening, unfortunately the norfolk blew that out of the water and old man kai was in bed by ten. Sounds like I missed a good evening.

Just arrived home.

Congrats to all exhibitors, I tried some excellent beer. Friday was a great day and even the persistent Pistolpatch didn't annoy me (too much)... :D

Yesterday after we left GB, we made it to Feral. The intention was to get to Mash before their six o'clock(?) closing time, but we were stranded at Feral by lack of taxis.

Nice place to be stuck though, we went through the whole beer list. The brewer had a sore head and didn't make it in, but we had a nice chat with his wife. Got to Elmar's eventually for a schweinhaxe, then an early night.

WJ

Back