PERTH ROYAL BEER SHOW 2013 - Now 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Online Brewing Supplies

**** OBS ****
Reaction score
The Perth Royal beer show 2013 has announced the dates of entries and Exhibition tasting.
Perth Royal beer Show is a combined Commercial and Amateur beer competition open to all , not just Western Australians.
A copy of the Schedule and entry form can be down loaded and printed from HERE

Entries close 4:30 pm 6 September.This is NOT the date for delivery of beer entries.
Delivery of entries Exhibits will be received from 10:00am to 4:00pm October 23-24th 2013.
Commercial entries: Victorian, New South Wales and South Australian competitors can have their beers transported for free to the PRBS complimentary of SCT logistics.

Judging : will be over two days : 28-29th October.
Presentations : Friday 1st November from 6:30 pm at the Parmelia Hilton, Perth. Invitations will be sent out after Close of entries.
Exhibitors and Trade tasting: Saturday 2 November 2013 2-4pm at Claremont Showground. Not to be missed !
Nev

You putting any entries in this year Nev?

Gryphon Brewing said:
Only one or two.Enough to get me to the tasting day :chug:
Nev
$20 entry? Hours of tasting you say? hmmmmmmm decisions.....

Its worth putting an entry in just to go to the tasting day. Its a very messy afternoon, but good fun.

Heard good things about the tasting session last year so I think I will make sure I put at least 1 beer in this year.

How come the whole beer event happens 4 weeks after the show itself?

Its not actually part of the Royal Show public event as we know it, its a big event and I think having run at the same time would be difficult.
Kind of nice having the whole show grounds to yourself . :)
Nev

If I want to enter a black IPA would it go into the American IPA section or would it have to go in under the "other specialty" category?

Aces High said:
If I want to enter a black IPA would it go into the American IPA section or would it have to go in under the "other specialty" category?
I would give the PRBS an email and check.
Nothing stopping you dropping it in both .
Nev

Nope.
I am getting awfully thirsty as I stare at my tasting ticket though.

Nope, the email the other day said that results will be emailed out after the dinner last night but I've got nothin'.

We can't make it to the tasting, so I hope they do it soon.

krausenhaus said:
Nope, the email the other day said that results will be emailed out after the dinner last night but I've got nothin'.

We can't make it to the tasting, so I hope they do it soon.
They will be available on the web as of Monday.

I can't make it so I have two tasting tickets up for grabs if anyone wants them.

Skip the Gary Busey IPA, Nev. Treat yourself to the other three though!

And keep your hands off our certificates.

Latest posts

Back