PERTH ROYAL BEER SHOW 2013 - Now 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone able to put a list of the results if you are at the presentation tonight? Or is there a twitter feed or something I can stalk?

Best Lager Dave Coremans For Maltmans Black Lager in Class 11D

Best Ale Josh Master For Hell Beers Galactic Sloop in Class 12C

Best Stout David Allsworth For Back in Back in Class 13D

Best Reduced Alocohol Matt MarinichFor Easy vader in Class 14

Best Wheat Beer Alex Churchill-Gray For None More Witty Than Rye in Class 15F

Best Amateur Brewer Mark Rivers

Best Amateur Beer Of The Show Josh Master For Hell Beers Galactic Sloop

Pretty bloody stoked winning best Stout two yrs running.

Hehe, worse thing is they are for a case swap today. Ill check the keg in Back fridge might be a squealer or two left.

Nev, im not good with patience!

Does anyone have full results or even the place getters for the categories?

Results r up on the royal show site.

I got a bronze for my hop hog clone. Pretty happy with that although ferals multiple golds of previous comps win this time!

I had a few spare Muddy Waters left over from the Case Swap and am very happy with a Silver medal for a 6 month old Pale Ale.

Byford Bomber American Pale Ale that took a Bronze. Im brewing this for the upcoming case swap and hope to improve a few things and add a dry hop as the comp brew was only Cube hopped.

CHANGE OF DATES FOR 2015!
Following our largest Perth Royal Beer Show competition to date in 2o14, we have moved the competition forward this year to better equip us for another round of WA’s premier beer competition. We are planning for our biggest competition to date, and will be releasing details of some new events taking place in 2015 very soon…

Here are the dates for our 2015 Competition to stick on your beer fridge:

Entries Open: April
Entries Close: 5 June 2015
Judging: 27-28 July 2015

Happy brewing, and more details to come!

JOHN CLARK
Perth Royal Beer Show Coordinator

This has thrown a spanner in the works for me as I had scheduled to start brewing in May.
I'am half way in upgrading my brew rig from gas to Rims.
I need to pull my finger out of my ass and get my nine brews out in time

PS I was told that they may push the cost of $20.00 to $25.00 per entry

I don't think this was throughout carefully to bring the dates up early.
This may stop home brewers from entering with time fracture and if the cost is going up.

The 2015 Perth Royal Beer Show has moved forward this year so we can include some exciting new events! Entries are now open! Here are the important dates to stick on your beer fridge:
Entries Close: 5 June 2015
Judging: 27-28 July 2015

Awards Presentation Dinner: 31 July 2015
The Awards Presentation Dinner will be held at the Perth Convention Centre on 31 July 2015 and will include a delicious three-course meal, matched to selection of award winning beer.
Exhibitor Tasting: 1 August 2015
The Royal Agricultural Society of WA and the Perth Royal Beer Show Committee are excited to announce some new events in 2015

OPENING PARTY
We are so excited about this year’s competition and our good friends at ALH are too. So much so they’re throwing a Perth Royal Beer Show opening party! Details of this event will be released shortly….

PERTH ROYAL BEER SHOW POP UP BAR
On a weekend in September in the Perth CBD, the Perth Royal Beer Show will be taking over the Urban Orchard, pouring over twenty taps of the 2015 Gold medal winning beers for you to try in one location, with tasty food options featuring our Premium Produce winners! More details to come…

THE RAS AMATEUR BREWER MENTOR PRIZE
Winner of the amateur beer judged Best Amateur Beer of the Show (S006) will have the opportunity to brew a batch of their winning entry at Feral Brewing Company under the mentorship of the award winning Feral brewing team! The batch will be then released in the Pop Up Bar in September!

BEER SCHOOL
The RAS will be running two new beer sensory sessions later in the year. These classes will give you the opportunity to improve your palate and learn about beer characteristics, defects and taints and how to avoid them. Tickets to these classes will be very popular, if you’d like to pre-register, email [email protected]

FREE FREIGHT
FOR INTERSTATE
Again we are pleased to offer free freight for our interstate commercial brewery entries thanks to SCT Logistics. Please see the Schedule for further details.

MORE FEEDBACK
We've listened to your feedback, and the message was loud and clear – more feedback! This year all feedback sheets from the Judging panel will be sent back to exhibitors to help you to further hone your craft.

We will be announcing more details shortly. Until then, happy brewing and looking forward to receiving your entries in 2015.
JOHN CLARK
Perth Royal Beer Show Coordinator
(08) 6263 3156
[email protected]

Latest posts

Back