2007 Royal Perth Beer Show

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home Brewers trophies

TWOC trophy, best lager...........Asher Mitchell, Pilsner

Brewmart trophy, best ale..........Cam Barron, smokey ale

Wyeast trophy, best stout............Paul Marcos, robust porter

Deliverance trophy, best wheat.......Simon Booth, Dunkel

And a plethora of silvers and bronzes to home brewers in the first of many good beer comps to come.

Well done Asher!

I'm not sure I recognise the other guys names...

Well done Asher and those that entered. How was the exhibitors tasting/drinking session?

Hi all,

Does anyone now how we find out what the results were?

Heya,

i just saw the write up in today's paper, WELL DONE GUYS!!!

jeez it must feel good to have your name up their in lights.

can't wait until the next brewday when we get to taste

Asher's Award Winning Beers!

any tips for entering next year guys?

Rob.

Exhibitors tasting was good fun. Got to rub shoulders with heaps from of the local industry and some from further afield. There were only a few amateurs there but the included all the trophy winners. So It was god to chat to them - All nice blokes making great beers.

The actual tasting consisted of all the left over entries. As everyone had submitted 2 litres of packaged beers most bottles weren't opened. So you just took your booklet which had the results and sifted through all the leftovers till you found a medal winning beer or something in particular that took you eye, open it and share it around with whoever wanted any... Plenty of the draft entries were also being consumed through a 4 tap portable bar. Was good fun to dig out one of your own entries and stand back and watch peoples reactions.

Cam Barron is a Duo brewing effort who make a mean smoked ale. It was no darker than your average pale ale with a great meaty smokiness
Paul's porter was another stand-out IMO.

In all - good value for the $10 entry fee :party:

Asher for now

Acording to Johns newsletter "Perth Royal Beer Show results will be posted on www.microbrewing.com.au this weekend."

Well done Asher.I read the article today"All About Beer". Scary stuff.The article "Beer prices encourage more home brewing" was interesting.I guess according to the article we are now purists.We have gone beyond sophisticated touches. :p

Cheers
Big D

Back