2008 Perth Royal Beer Show

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcbprez

Reaction score
From the ex-El Presidente:

The Royal Agricultural Society of Western Australia (Inc.) (The RAS) is pleased to announce the dates for the 2008 Perth Royal Beer Show.

Entries Close - 2 May 2008
Receival of Entries - 4-6 June 2008 (Inclusive)
Judging - 9-11 June 2008 (Inclusive)
Exhibitors Tasting - 13 June 2008

The schedule will be available soon on the website.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact:

Ms Natalie Raynor
Supervisor Agribusiness
The Royal Agricultural Society of Western Australia (Inc.)
Tel: (08) 6263 3140
Fax: (08) 6263 3171
www.raswa.org.au
www.perthroyalshow.com.au

Both

EDIT:
Stolen from this thread
Spesh said:
PERTH ROYAL BEER SHOW
PRBS is in June this year. Closing dates for entry is about May 2nd. Last year there were about 250 entries and over 50 home brews. 1 home brew was apparently one of the best beers in the comp. Not sure what entry is but not much - you get constructive feedback from top judges plus ticket to presentation = beer. RAS are looking for sponsors if your keen. All PRBS entries must be brewed in Australia which differentiates it from other top beer awards. AIBA (2nd biggest in world) PRBS and SRBC (Sydney) are big RAS ran competitions.

Last I looked neither the RAS or the PerthRoyalShow websites (RAS gets redirected anyway) had any information for the 2008 event, entry forms etc. Still waiting.
I'm guessing there won't be much changed from last year?

Got a nice little surprise-package in the mail with all relevant documents, didn't even have to ask for it - brilliant!
I'm guessing everyone that entered last year got the same service?

Am I reading this right - a minimum of 1.98 liters for a packaged beer per entry??

Seems a lot

RM

yes that is correct, but if you were a philanthropist you would just provide 2L :D

If you enter three 750's Two will end up on ice at the exhibitors tasting :party:

Last year: With you results booklet in hand you could dig through the iced buckets of leftover entries and maybe find one of the winning beers to sample/compare...

I just CP fill one 2 litre PET bottle from a keg though. Leftovers still made it to the tasting in good condition.

Asher

I'm still torn as to whether it's worth paying to give away a six pack of RIS...

Last year I entered 2 750ml bottles. As I was planning to enter this year I made sure I kept back 2 bottles of the brews I'm going to enter. Then I find they're talking 2 litres! Still going to enter though, maybe they'll go easy on the craft brewers.

Haha thanks Ian. Here's a thread about it while we're inflating my ego. Just pretend I didn't bottle it after 2 weeks.

Does anyone know what the bare minimum one might get away with entering? I have an IPA I wanted evaluated, but it was so good I only managed to save a litre of it.

Does anyone know what the bare minimum one might get away with entering? I have an IPA I wanted evaluated, but it was so good I only managed to save a litre of it.
Two litres, looks like you will have to do another one.Plenty of time any way.Brew now and clarify with fish. :icon_cheers:
GB

I think I might have to. Do you think one of my goldfish will do the trick? Failing that I might just use a fridge.

Two litres? Damn didn't see that, thats me out. Only got two 750ml's left of the Xmas Case brew.
Missed last year too, left it a bit late.

Two litres? Damn didn't see that, thats me out. Only got two 750ml's left of the Xmas Case brew.
Missed last year too, left it a bit late.

Simon, the entry form is due in by the 2nd May but he actual beer is due on 4th + 5th June, so you still have time to enter a beer that you have'nt brewed.
Don't forget this show is being run in conjunction with the RAS of WA, so procedures are a bit quaint.

Cheers Vlad,
How's my luck, drank one of the 750's Sat night then found a couple of stubbies yesterday, could have re-bottled them. :angry:
Might throw $10 in the mail anyway.

I'm just going through the Classes 13-17 in the Comp Guidelines and I'm a bit confused - can any of the enlightened Brethren clear this up for me ?

The reference listed for the categories is the BJCP - which is fine. But I'm having difficulty translating between that & the Classes.

13 B - lager - European Lager - is that like a Bo Pils; a bit darker, maltier and less bitter than say 13 C - Lager Pilsener - would that be right ?

Also would 13 D - Lager - Dark Lager be like a Scwarzbier ? rather than a Marzen which is listed under 13 - E Lager - Other as an example

TIA

Back