2008 Castle Hill Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No pressure, but does anyone know where and when the results will be released?

I've had a small problem with my laptop crashing on Monday. ( ok the results are safe)- Results (winner and place getter summary) should be available in the next day or so and will be posted here, the HBG site and ultimately the Castle Hill Ag Soc site. Apologies for the delay.

Folks, initial review is showing a number of tied results. Results are particularly close ( 2 points separate the top 3 beers). We will have to review indvidual judgng sheets again and I will need a call from the show people if they will provide a 1st, 2nd and 3rd award when there are joint winners at a particular level or whether their policy is to cascade results. eg Where there are a joint winnersof 2nd place, will a third place award be made. I now don't expect to release final place getters until the end of next week.

I appreciate entrants are keen for the results and will get them to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Chris

sounds good mate, dont stress yourself ;) tied places? that just means more people come first!!

Good Day
Received by score sheets yesterday and greatly valued the comments. Sorry I couldn't judge, on holidays at the time and no real time to be there. So thanks to Chris and all the judges, stewards etc. for your time and effort, much appreciated. :beer:

+1 barry, i also received my scoresheets yesterday, very impressed with the speed ;) also the scores rated the beers in the way i pretty much expected with helpful comment. Thanks again to all who took part in organising the event..
:beer:

I'll just echo that. Great to get the scoresheets back so soon.

Also, please do drop me an email if I judged your beer and you think I'm wrong, want further feedback. Death threats welcome also. :D

I received my scoresheet yesterday too. Stu - you were one of the judges, and I think you you did a good job at describing how the beer departed from the style guidelines. Thanks, and I hope you enjoyed the beer!

Also, please do drop me an email if I judged your beer and you think I'm wrong, want further feedback. Death threats welcome also. :D
Tempting... :D

Nah, I was stoked with my results, and glad to get some good quality feedback.
Big up to everyone involved in the organising and judging the event.
Will definately be submitting some more entries next event!

Just wondering if the results might be coming out soon. Again, no pressure, just wondering.

Just wondering if the results might be coming out soon. Again, no pressure, just wondering.

Don't worry Stuster, youre not the only one :mellow:

If everyone has their score sheets, we could work it out ourselves. Thats if we were organised enough :D

The score sheets have just made me more inpatient, cuz it seems one of my beers has done quite well and now I'm left hanging in suspense :unsure:

It's like the sleep before Xmas that never comes :(

Patience is a virtue.

Cheers,

TS

Don't worry Stuster, youre not the only one :mellow:

If everyone has their score sheets, we could work it out ourselves. Thats if we were organised enough :D

The score sheets have just made me more inpatient, cuz it seems one of my beers has done quite well and now I'm left hanging in suspense :unsure:

It's like the sleep before Xmas that never comes :(

Patience is a virtue.

Cheers,

TS
Hahaha + 1
Exactly what i'm thinking!
Probably doesn't help having friends and family bugging me for results at every opportunity.

My IPA got 43 if that helps (21+22) :D

Nice work Chris. Got mine this week and am very happy with the comments & scores. But damn, my knk scored higher than my two AG's!

The waiting game sucks. Who wants to play hungry hungry hippos?

Two of my beers seem to have developed infections, note to self, try all beers sober prior to entering. :huh:

I have to say the judges are very polite and offered excellent feedback, I feel I would not have been so nice if in their postion.

I feel I better undestand specialty grains now in relation to complex malt flavours (sound of penny dropping).

Hope the results come soon. :icon_cheers:

Folks, thanks for your patience. Winners and place getter results are attached:

Please read the comments at the bottom of the report, it will make any apparent inconsistencies more understandable.

Just a reminder that the actual awards- cards, ribbons etc will not be distributed until after the show, which I think is in late February. There have been some prizes donated and they go will out once I get to that level of detail, as will the completion of the BJCP report.

Cheers

View attachment Castle_Hill_Comp_Awards_Winners_and_Places.pdf

**Placing: A placing is awarded to the three highest scoring beers. In the event of a tie between two or more entries for a
placing, the fourth beer has been awarded highly recommended (HR) status.

Does this mean i will receive a ribbon?

I can't believe i came fourth in my first competition, woohoo!!

Latest posts

Back