Newcastle Regional Show 2017 - Brewers Championship

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy to judge on 25/26th Feb, but someone should put some when and where information on here.
Mark

sp0rk said:
Dangit, I knew I should have gotten brewing earlier for this, probably won't have anything decent ready for the show
Spork, there's still time to brew a quick turnaround beer, like a Mild, Bitter or Weizen, maybe even a American wheat if you have time to start a yeast culture today or tomorrow.

I've got 1 beer that will be ready, but it's a bit of an experiment that didn't turn out amazingly
Been way too busy to brew :(

MHB said:
Happy to judge on 25/26th Feb, but someone should put some when and where information on here.
Mark
That'd be great Mark, we're just finalising the allocation of judges and stewards and will post an update of the venue and arrival times soon.

Judging will be at Hamilton North Bowling club Boreas rd Hamilton North 25th & 26th Feb. Judges and Stewards are requested to arrive at 8:30am.
Looking forward to a another great comp, get those entry forms in guys & remember the google forms doc too.

n87 said:
So what's the details for stewarding?
Which day do you need them most?
In regards to details for stewarding, the 26th is looking the leanest so if you could make it on the Sunday that'd be great.
Meeting at 8:30am for head judges briefing and calibration beer with 9am judging kickoff.
The comp will be judged at Hamilton North Bowling Club, 31 Boreas Road, Hamilton North, we've got their function room reserved for both days.
Cheers!

AaronL89 said:
I'll be posting some entries next week. What's the preferred postal address?
Hi AaronL89,
Postal entries can be sent to:

Hunter United Brewers, PO Box 859, Toronto, NSW 2283

bcavan said:
In regards to details for stewarding, the 26th is looking the leanest so if you could make it on the Sunday that'd be great.
Meeting at 8:30am for head judges briefing and calibration beer with 9am judging kickoff.
The comp will be judged at Hamilton North Bowling Club, 31 Boreas Road, Hamilton North, we've got their function room reserved for both days.
Cheers!
Sunday it is. Whats the wrap up time like? I will need to be gone by about 4:30 on the Sunday.
Down the road from the station by the looks of it. that makes it convenient.

Dr Rummy said:
Where is the "online entry form"?
Hi Dr Rummy,
The link to the online entry form is in the PDF Entry Form, we don't like to post it on a public forum like this due to spam/interference issues.

bcavan said:
Hi Dr Rummy,
The link to the online entry form is in the PDF Entry Form, we don't like to post it on a public forum like this due to spam/interference issues.
Many thanks.

So if I rock up to Potters on the weekend with my box of bottles, I should just talk to the chaps behind the bar in the Brewery section ?

Everything is going to be OK ... right?

-kt

Mr Wibble said:
So if I rock up to Potters on the weekend with my box of bottles, I should just talk to the chaps behind the bar in the Brewery section ?

Everything is going to be OK ... right?

-kt
Hi Mr Wibble,
Yep, the guys at Potters Brewery will accept your entries, just include the entry fee in an envelope in the box.

g,day i can,t find any info as to the difference between c rauchbier (6b) and d classic style smoked beer (32a) in bjcp or aahc. am i looking in the right place. cheers

yurgy said:
g,day i can,t find any info as to the difference between c rauchbier (6b) and d classic style smoked beer (32a) in bjcp or aahc. am i looking in the right place. cheers
Hi Yurgy,
The 2015 BJCP Style Guideline is what will be used to judge these beer styles against, it can be downloaded here
Accoring to the 2015 Guideline Rauchbier is listed under Category 6. Amber Malty European Lager, this category is summaried as follows: This category groups amber-colored, German-origin, bottom-fermented lagerbiers that have a malty balance and are vollbier to starkbier in strength.
A Rauchbier therefore must be a Lager, and the style guidelines are quite specific as to the characters expected from the beer.

32A Classic Style Smoked Beer is listed under Category 32. Smoked Beer, this category is summaried as follows: This category contains specialty beers that have a smoke character.
The guideline therefore allows theoretically any style of beer as the base beer as long as it has a smoked character, under the style guideline the entry instructions stipulate that you must specify the base beer style in order for the judges to adequately judge it against a style.

Hope this has clarified things for you.

sp0rk said:
I'll be in Coffs this weekend if you've already got beers ready
Bah I just saw this, should have been following the thread. Thanks for the offer anyway, ill work out what its going to cost to post.

I've attached an envelope with cash to one of my beers.
I hope that's OK.

If it goes missing, please contact me so I can direct transfer the fees or suchlike.

bcavan said:
Cheers!
My apologies. Mrs warra and I have been allocated grandson duties in Sydney that weekend, so sadly I won't be available to assist with stewarding.

Sent my bottles off today... now to wait for my prizes...

Back