Newcastle Regional Show 2017 - Brewers Championship

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcavan

Reaction score
tn_gallery_25856_1434_935661.jpg

Hunter United Brewers are proud to be hosting the 2017 Newcastle Regional Show Brewers Championship.

A full run down on Entry Form requirements and category information are contained in the attached PDF file

Entries close on 17 February for judging on 25 & 26th February so it's time to get brewing!

A few items to note regarding this years comp:
  • There is a paper entry AND an online entry form, don't forget to complete both.
  • Styles will be in accordance with the 2015 BJCP Guidelines, the exception to this are Australia Specific Styles and Mead/Cider which will use the 2015 AABC Guidelines, full details and links are in the attached Entry Form.
  • A broader range of Styles will required that the brewer list specialty ingredients (Specialty Beers & Belgian Clone beers) or sub-styles (IPA's for example), again full details are in the Entry Form
  • Entry will be $7.00 per entry
This is a BJCP registered competition and we are looking for judges and stewards - please reply to this post or contact us through the following social media channels:

HUB Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/HUBrewers/

HUB Twitter
@HUBrewers
https://twitter.com/HUBrewers

Good luck to everyone!

ETA: Added revised .pdf form 2/10/17

Entry Form updated with Postal Entry Address and Sponsor Information.

2017 Show Comp Image.jpg

View attachment Newcastle Show 2017 Entry Form.pdf

Dangit, I knew I should have gotten brewing earlier for this, probably won't have anything decent ready for the show

Just to be annoying, you have contradicting instructions on your entry form ;)

ENTRY FORM MUST BE WRAPPED AROUND ONE BOTTLE AND SECURED WITH AN ELASTIC
BAND

ONE FORM PER ENTRY - PLEASE PHOTOCOPY FORM AS REQUIRED
PLEASE COMPLETE BOTTLE LABEL(S) BELOW - CUT ALONG DOTTED LINE AND TAPE BOTTLE
DESCRIPTION LABEL SECURELY AROUND BOTTLE
(S)
IF YOU ARE ENTERING 2 BEERS OF THE SAME STYLE YOU CAN ADD ‘A’ or ‘B’ TO THE BOTTLE
LABEL AND ENTRY FORM TO IDENTIFY WHICH RESULTS APPLY TO EACH ENTRY

I read it as each bottle entered must have a label taped securely around it and then your entry form is secured to one of the bottles with an elastic band. Anyone from around Coffs Harbour area thinking of entering? I'd like to but don't know if I'd be able to get to a drop off location.

Ahh, that would make sense

Scotty is onto it.
Both bottles need to have labels securely taped to bottles and enrty form and fee attached with rubber band so it can be easily removed during sorting.

Entries can be posted Scotty.

Cheers
Adam

Calling all BJCP Judges, interested Novice Judges and Stewards - your help on would be very much appreciated on judging Day 25th February (and possibly the 26th Feb.) to sample and adjudicate the amazing selection of entries.
Please reply to the thread below if you are keen, or alternatively through the following social media channels:

HUB Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/HUBrewers/

HUB Twitter
@HUBrewers
https://twitter.com/HUBrewers

ScottyDoesntKnow said:
I read it as each bottle entered must have a label taped securely around it and then your entry form is secured to one of the bottles with an elastic band. Anyone from around Coffs Harbour area thinking of entering? I'd like to but don't know if I'd be able to get to a drop off location.
I'll be in Coffs this weekend if you've already got beers ready

bcavan said:
A few items to note regarding this years comp:
  • There is a paper entry AND an online entry form, don't forget to complete both.
Comp open Nationally? Prizes awarded nationally or only to local entries?

both paper and online entries for the one bottle?

I assume the paper entry is to attach to the bottle?

I should be able to steward one of the days (first time, go easy ;))

fungrel said:
Question: Will entries be cold stored between cutoff date and judging?
Hi Fungrel,
I can't speak for the HUB club about what they do when they get the bottles. Also can't talk for other drop off points.

However I am a drop off point and I will be able to store them cool in my shop, but not refrigerated.

Goof luck

Cheers Steve

Yob said:
Comp open Nationally? Prizes awarded nationally or only to local entries?

both paper and online entries for the one bottle?

I assume the paper entry is to attach to the bottle?
Yob,
There are no restrictions on where the entries are from, all will be judged together and prizes allocated on merit.
A paper AND online entry will be required for each entry, otherwise the organisers will have to spend days on data entry, when we could be judging beer :chug:
And yes, paper entry should be attached to each bottle.

fungrel said:
Question: Will entries be cold stored between cutoff date and judging?
Fungrel,
The entries WILL be cold stored between the cutoff date and judging.

So what's the details for stewarding?
Which day do you need them most?

For regional and interstate entries the official drop off point is:

australia-post-logo-F6AFF26673-seeklogo.com.gif.png

I'll be posting some entries next week. What's the preferred postal address?

Latest posts

Back