Newcastle Regional Show 2017 - Brewers Championship

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone please clarify how I should fill out my entry form? I'm entering an oatmeal stout so 'prize class C', 'dark and specialty', and 16B or 14D? Below is a copy of the guidelines, just don't know which one I'm supposed to use. Cheers

14. STOUT
A. Irish Stout (15B)
B. Irish Extra Stout (15C)
C. Sweet Stout (16A)
D. Oatmeal Stout (16B)
E. Tropical Stout (16C)
F. Foreign Export Stout (16D)
G. American Stout (20B)
H. Imperial Stout (20C)

I came across the same problem, I believe you use 14D.

Not quite clearly enough explained which one.

Hpal said:
Could someone please clarify how I should fill out my entry form? I'm entering an oatmeal stout so 'prize class C', 'dark and specialty', and 16B or 14D? Below is a copy of the guidelines, just don't know which one I'm supposed to use. Cheers

14. STOUT
A. Irish Stout (15B)
B. Irish Extra Stout (15C)
C. Sweet Stout (16A)
D. Oatmeal Stout (16B)
E. Tropical Stout (16C)
F. Foreign Export Stout (16D)
G. American Stout (20B)
H. Imperial Stout (20C)
Hi Hpal,
The style that you need to specify for an Oatmeal Stout is 14D, the entry form gives an example of 1F for a Munich Helles in the space where the style is to be specified.
An example of 9A American Pale Ale is used several times in the entry form and explanation notes, also the styles that require ingredients to be specified quote the appropriate style reference numbers eg 11D IPA, 18F Belgian Clone, 24 Mead & 25 Cider.
Hope this clarifies matters.

Sorry to be a gigantic pain in the arse.
I'll be in Newcastle (specifically Glendale and Warners Bay) on Saturday, is there any way I can drop an entry off somewhere then?
I'll be passing through Maitland too, I'm going to guess it will be too late to drop it off at Country Brewer?

sp0rk said:
Sorry to be a gigantic pain in the arse.
I'll be in Newcastle (specifically Glendale and Warners Bay) on Saturday, is there any way I can drop an entry off somewhere then?
I'll be passing through Maitland too, I'm going to guess it will be too late to drop it off at Country Brewer?
Hi Sp0rk,
Unfortunately the cut-off time for entries is strictly 5pm on Friday evening 17th Feb.

Is there anywhere within walking distance/between broadmeadow station and the bowlo to grab a bite for breakfast?
Looks like my train either gets in at 7:36 or 8:39.

Not really n87, there is a take away around the corner from the bowlo, across the road from the Sunnyside tavern on Broadmeadow road. Not sure of opening times though.

Beaumont street isn't all that far, there are also a couple of pretty good cafes' (one French one I can recommend) around the Newcastle side of nine-ways, just 200-300 meters from Broadmeadow station.
Mark

Thanks guys,

Should be something to cover me depending on what im needing on the morning.

We ended up with 100 entries this year with Ale and Specialty categories proving the most popular. We are all looking forward to a great day with great beers tomorrow.

Thanks for intro into the under side of the competition scene. Was a good, exhausting day.

Nice to meet you, and I enjoyed my day judging.
As discussed earlier at the event, the standard of entries is rising.

Mr Wibble said:
Is there an ETA for when the results will be posted?
Hi Mr Wibble,
We expect results to be posted by the end of today, we are triple checking the prize category winners and formatting everything for publication.

The Newcastle Regional Show Brewing Championships were judged on Saturday 25th February at Hamilton North Bowling Club.

Many thanks to those who volunteered their time to make the day run as smoothly as it did, and also to those who assisted in organising the competition itself.
A special thanks also to our Competition Sponsors Hunter Beer Co., Potters Hotel Brewery Resort, iHop Hunter Valley, Lovedale Brewery, Murray's Craft Brewing Co, FogHorn Brewhouse, Brewman, Country Brewer Maitland & Newcastle Brew Shop

The results of the competition are attached to this post and judging score sheets will be emailed in the coming days.

Congratulations to all brewers who entered, the Club will be in contact with those who have won prizes.

Brendan.
gallery_25856_1445_1540627.jpg

gallery_25856_1445_485487.jpg

Latest posts

Back