Newcastle Regional Show 2017 - Brewers Championship

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AaronL89 said:
Wow! My first ever comp and I finish runner up!

I would be pretty happy with that. the judges were arguing over the two beers for quite some time. Very little separating them from what I could see

AaronL89 said:
Yes, the Specialty Category was particularly impressive this year, well done.
I'd be interested in having a look at your recipe, PM me if interested in sharing ;)

bcavan said:
Yes, the Specialty Category was particularly impressive this year, well done.
I'd be interested in having a look at your recipe, PM me if interested in sharing ;)
Hey mate, are the full results being posted, or just the 'top ten'?

Find below full breakdown of the entries by Class:
gallery_25856_1445_1369037.jpg

AaronL89 said:
Not sure if there was originally a prize for Runner-up, but the judges really thought a lot of your beer and maybe also decided to create a prize as encouragement.

Either way, first comp... Wow!

No RIS?

I couldn't get my shit together in time this year to get them packaged and up there ...

Juggling way too many balls ATM :(

Les the Weizguy said:
Not sure if there was originally a prize for Runner-up, but the judges really thought a lot of your beer and maybe also decided to create a prize as encouragement.

Either way, first comp... Wow!
No there wasnt Les, it was a really close battle and Shawn from Foghorm thought it was a beer worthy of recognition.

Many thanks to HNBC for hosting, all of the judges and stewards, sponsors and entrants.
Pretty happy with my third in Lager class. Well done to those of you who did well. I hope we can all take something away from our feedback sheets whether its a sence of satisfaction or some direction fro improvement.

Thanks to the HUB and all volunteers for getting this to happen and thrilled with the results and feedback. Also thanks to the people on this site who have a wealth of knowledge and banter they freely share that has helped enormously in making a better beer. Cheers Gerry

Hpal said:
Does anyone know when show ribbons would be sent out?
I believe the Show needs to be finished before ribbons are sent.
Are you able to attend the next club meeting and collect ur ribbon(s)? Last year mine were more rosettes than ribbons.

When is the next meeting Les? I'll do my best but shift work and a baby usually see's to my social life! Will they be posted otherwise?

Yes, of course they will be mailed to you. The club meets every 3rd Friday of the month (so, 17/3) at the Hamilton North Bowling Club.
No pressure, but is always good to meet quality brewers., Hell , it's good to meet any brewers!
Maybe contact the club on Facebook if you want to collect prizes at the club meet.

Just got my ribbon in the post thanks again guys it will look pretty flash on the brewery one happy brewer here!

Must have been a big beer. The ribbon says it was in the larger class hahahhah

Back