$1500 to spend, what should I buy?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the idea of the "all in one" brew system, however the only downside is their size limitations. Totally fine if you only brew single batches, but if you start to brew with friends (which I'd say most of us do) it is quite handy to be able to knock out 40-50L of wort to split with your mates.

Having said that, they are user friendly and will be a great place to start (and at $500ish the robo-brew looks like a good buy - although I can't vouch for the quality myself).

If you get one of those, you'll have $1000 left over to spend on a sweet kegging set up. You'd easily get 3-4 kegs, taps, gas/regulator and all the necessary paraphernalia with the left over clams.

JD

Quote: 2 robos? Why / how would that setup work

I have a three vessel 25 ltr batch setup, lot of work and a lot of components. To brew 40-50 ltrs I was going too wait for the 65? ltr robo, but for a similar price as two robo's and you are stuck with the same batch. Two robo's makes it easy, power , batch size and friends brewing with you.The list goes on.

Two roborews equals two brews. If you spend the time to brew one why not complete two? It may add half an hour to the brew lenght , but you get two fermentor's with two different brews.

Anyone wanting a single vessel large volume there is a 70 litre jobby on Alibaba, can't vouch for the quality if I remember right it had a pump on the external side of the vessel. Other than that there is the Expo in Shanghai in October for brewing and beverage, maybe we could organise a group booking;)

WEAL any idea when KK will have them in? I’d read through all the Guten and had pretty much decided on a 50L Guten to go with my robo v2...
Also interested as to why you prefer the Guten over the Brau?

Build and reliability wise the Braumeister wins hands down. Ease of cleaning, and slightly more efficient is the Guten or whatever the name they will give it. I will carry out a side by side over the coming months and make sure, logically the Braumeister should be more efficient with the movement of the grain bed each time the pump goes off, so to be fair I shall compare them side by side.

Back