150 liter Stainless stock pots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah lots of cubes and a brew every 2 months would easily keep me busy and taps loaded :blink:

Finally managed to do some work with the pots. My butchered falsie looked terrible, so i grabbed a 30cm Domed SS one. Once I get to put it to the test on monday (RDO) I will replace the brass fittings with stainless. There is no way grain is getting underneath this falsie. Also need to weld the new rig together.

Will post up more rig details in another thread.

20140301_161033.jpg

20140301_164711.jpg

20140301_164734.jpg

20140301_164840.jpg

They are back in stock!!

I have just ordered 2 for the BK's on my new rig.

nathan_madness said:
They are back in stock!!

I have just ordered 2 for the BK's on my new rig.
whoa 2 boil kettles!! thats like 200Ls of finished beer, are you starting your own micro?? Come on spill!!

Ha ha, well it's a 5 vessel brewery so 2 x MLT's 100L CB pots, 2 x BK's these babies and a shared HLT which is currently my 70L CB pot which is very soon to be up graded to a 100L pot. It's HERMS and all electric. I have spent the last year designing and testing parts of the system. Currently I'm working on the 150 amp control panel that uses a BCS-462 along with a Dell 20" touch screen PC.

I am hoping to have it complete in the next 6-8 months before I have to move to Toowoomba.

My feeling is your HLT even at 100L is going to be working over time to keep up!!! Oh and you gotta post a build thread on this!

There will be a build thread, when I am complete.

The HLT has a 5500w element and it has float switches so it auto fills. I have tested it with the 70L pot with 57L of water and one of the Keg King elements and it can get it to sparge temp in about 40 minutes. All I have to do is mash in on MLT 1 then wait 40 minutes and then mash in on MLT 2. I just need more space to do bigger batches / beers and with the 5500w element it will drop that 40 minutes to around 20 minutes.

Wow, Wayfair/ Lins Homewares are quick! I have my 2 pots already. They are massive and better quality than I expected. The sticker on the side of my pots say that they are 1.2mm. The welds aren't perfect but for the money they are top notch. Will post some pics next week after my next brew.

I,m drinking the second keg and am cold crashing the third, of my first batch using these pots. I am really liking the results of the 2V system and will not be going back to my old set up any time soon.

This is the size I was looking at getting.
How do you think one of these would go? It says suitable for 150lt boils with HP reg & I'm looking at just 100lt of finished wort so maybe 120lt boil or so.

Crusty said:
This is the size I was looking at getting.
How do you think one of these would go? It says suitable for 150lt boils with HP reg & I'm looking at just 100lt of finished wort so maybe 120lt boil or so.
I'd be sending HBHB a PM he should be able answer that question. My Rambo has actually struggled to bring it up to a quick boil but once it's at boil I need to turn it down. I used the overside element to help the Rambo bring it up to boil.

Cheers

I only have a 2 ring burner with a med pressure reg. I currently do 88L boils and it can do it easily. I will have to plan a quad batch to see how it handles 100L. I will have a 5500w element in it when I get around to getting my 3 phase connected to brewery.

Ok, I rubbed the pots down with salty water yesterday and left them to sweat in my container today. It seems that anywhere there are spot welds it is contaminated and rusts. The spot welds are around the handles and on the lid no big deal and a bit of vinegar or light acid will fix it right up.

I also tested the boil with my 2 ring burner that has the holes drilled out to 1/8" and then flared with a 3/8" and a med pressure reg.

I started with 40L @ 29°c with lid on.
10 minutes 47.5°c
15 minutes 58°c
20 minutes 69.6°c
25 minutes 78.1°c
30 minutes 88°c
37 minutes boil

Boiled for 1 hour with lid off and it looks like 12.5L loss per hour. I have to wait till it cools down to 29°c to get an exact measurement, but going by my rule it look like 12.5L.

Edit: On a side note it is 12L per hour for one of the 100L or 70L pots from CB with the same burner and volumes.

nathan_madness said:
Ok, I rubbed the pots down with salty water yesterday and left them to sweat in my container today. It seems that anywhere there are spot welds it is contaminated and rusts. The spot welds are around the handles and on the lid no big deal and a bit of vinegar or light acid will fix it right up.

I also tested the boil with my 2 ring burner that has the holes drilled out to 1/8" and then flared with a 3/8" and a med pressure reg.

I started with 40L @ 29°c with lid on.
10 minutes 47.5°c
15 minutes 58°c
20 minutes 69.6°c
25 minutes 78.1°c
30 minutes 88°c
37 minutes boil

Boiled for 1 hour with lid off and it looks like 12.5L loss per hour. I have to wait till it cools down to 29°c to get an exact measurement, but going by my rule it look like 12.5L.

Edit: On a side note it is 12L per hour for one of the 100L or 70L pots from CB with the same burner and volumes.
Nice. Great info.
I couldn't wait for any more test results so I bought a 150lt pot tonight.
Combined with one of Martin's Burners & the HP reg, I'll be tackling quad batches ( 4 x 20lt cubes ) when I feel the need.
My plan is to do a mash on the 50lt BM for 90mins, drain it, wash it out & do another identical run for 90mins.
Combine the two worts in the 150lt pot & away we go.
This hobby is starting to get out of control but I'm loving every minute of it.

out of control... what!? lol - yep... thinking that a few days ago

Here is the 1st of my BK's in place next to a 100L CB MLT. As you can see it is a monster pot.

I am still testing this side of my brewery before I build the opposite side.
gallery_25427_1158_1641008.jpg

Have just ordered 3 x 62L jobbies for my build. can't wait to get stuck in. $330 - odd delivered to perth isn't bad!

Got a couple of the 62L ones also. Pretty average construction on these pots, with rough and obvious seams down the side and where the base joins the sides. The two pots were different heights and diameters, and given the light weight and the tinny sound they make, I have my doubts that these are the advertised 1.2mm thick. This is just my experience and opinion posted for information, and for the price they would probably do the job. So all things considered, I got what I payed for, but intend to return them and have another look around.

Cheers

2014-04-08 19.03.23.jpg

Latest posts

Back