150 liter Stainless stock pots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been wanting to increase the my vessel size as I'm currently using a 3v keggle system. I've been searching high and low and finally I've found these http://www.wayfair.com.au/Deep-Stock-Pot-LIN1274.html?refid=GPAAU49-LIN1274_174439&PiID=174439&gclid=CI-Fw8SnhLwCFU4dpQodyGgAjw which are a very good price at only $153 each and $15 for shipping.

I was wondering if anyone has these pots and what they think of them. I've emailed the site and asked for more details about thickness and bases etc, but I thought I'd ask you guys. :D

Also would there be anything that I should be concerned about apart from having to do a minimum batch size of about 75 liters? :beerbang:
One last question, would a 4 ring burner be sufficient to heat and boil.

Cheers,
Richard

Ignore my post, I read the website wrong. Looks like a good price! :)

The other sizes are pretty good prices too. Will be keen for any feedback on the quality of these pots.

i dont think that they are 150l 30 cm x 60 cm where ross's pots are 46x60 for the 100l

they are very wide horrible if you only want to boil 50L I like the other pot above 46 x 90 would be perfect for any size batch

Sorry to say the $153 is for the 18L pot, 150L increases the price ~$100

I might be wrong, but from my understanding on the website is that an 18L pot is $52.95 and the 150L is $100.05 more making it $153. I've gone through to checkout and it's $474.20 for 3 pots including postage. As I said earlier I'm just waiting to hear back about the thickness etc. I will update as soon as I get details and if I go ahead I'll give a review.

Cheers,
Richard

Ah right you are...it changes the cost but still says +100. Post withdrawn.

@ OP

EXTREMELY interested to hear back if you obtian one of these.. would love to 3 150L pots... in particular, at that price.

Addressing the 4 ring burner Q - I use to run a 4 ring on a 120L Alu pot, It boiled - I had an OTS element to help to get there and I ran a HP reg..... which would hold a 'boil'.. just!!

You would wanna look at a Rambo or one the new KK burners for a full volume boil = 125+ L.... IMO.

1.23 c repeating.

Subscribed. Very interested in hearing the results.

If reports on these are good I'll probably pick up at least an 88l pot, looking forward to hearing details.

kezza said:
i dont think that they are 150l 30 cm x 60 cm where ross's pots are 46x60 for the 100l
Read again. The width is listed only, as "W 30 - 60cm" (not 30x60) to cover the range of pots as per,
  • Available in 30 cm / 13.5 L, 35cm/30L , 40cm/45L, 45cm/62L, 50cm/88L and 60cm/150L sizes

Cocko said:
@ OP

EXTREMELY interested to hear back if you obtian one of these.. would love to 3 150L pots... in particular, at that price.

Addressing the 4 ring burner Q - I use to run a 4 ring on a 120L Alu pot, It boiled - I had an OTS element to help to get there and I ran a HP reg..... which would hold a 'boil'.. just!!

You would wanna look at a Rambo or one the new KK burners for a full volume boil = 125+ L.... IMO.

1.23 c repeating.
Thanks for the advice Cocko regarding the boil. The 4 ring that I have with a HP reg gets a furious boil and holds it with just two tings going, but I have a couple of OTS elements just in case.

As soon as I hear anything guys I'll post the details, From what I have found on the net another site lists what looks like the same pot with these features:

Feature:
  • 18-8 Stainless Steel boby
  • 18-8 Stainless Steel lid with glass window
  • Stay cool bakelite handle
  • Thick sandwich base
  • Suitable for all cook tops including induction hob

I'll keep you all updated, if they do have a "thick sandwich base" they almost sound too good to be true, which scares me.

Ps. I have to say, building a new brew rig is consuming my life at the moment. I can't think of anything else, ie. Design of the new stand, Fitting, plumbing, heating,etc.

phaarking spewin, I upgraded my HLT and Kettle a few months ago to 70lt HLT (alu) and 120lt Kettle (alu)...

If you get the feedback on base construction and wall thickness, please post. I really dont want to rebuild again but at those prices I could be very tempted to do it over in SS.

A very nice find

I have one of these, give me until later to fill you in about it, IIRC it's not very thick and I don't think it was 150l volume... Not at home at the moment.

Edit: brainfart - 150l not 200l as originally stated...

My 140L pot is 60cm, good size against the height.

My *guess* with the LPG burner is it wont be enough for a decent boil, even with a med pressure reg. But you could get the med reg (0-207kpa) and try it, if it does not work they you have the reg ready for something like a NASA. But I guess if you get the NASA from BCF/Rays then they normally come with one.

A quick measurement 590mm dia 600mm high, which equates to 164L. Walls are thin and not a heavy base, same thickness as the wall. I haven't used mine yet.

Thanks QldKev, I'll need to get a second burner, so I'll be looking out for a Nasa. :)

Cheers Sully for the info, did you but it from the same place I linked?

Also in general is a thin base a big problem for the kettle?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back