150 liter Stainless stock pots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't look too bad. I would hit it up with some straight starsan for 30mins or so. Then retry a water test over a couple of days.

Spraying salt water over the surface I've found to be the best way for checking quality. Problems show really quickly.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

In case you werent aware, if they use an iron wire brush in the finishing of the pot. embedded fragments of wire can rust and stain. That said, chinese SS is notorious for rusting!

I have let it sit out in the weather for a week and no rust is showing. The stains in the pictures have not changed and just look like they are from heat. I drilled the hole in it and it was a lot harder and thicker than I expected.
The big test will happen today when I put a100L batch through it.

bradsbrew said:
I have let it sit out in the weather for a week and no rust is showing. The stains in the pictures have not changed and just look like they are from heat. I drilled the hole in it and it was a lot harder and thicker than I expected.
:beerbang:

bradsbrew said:
Thanks Brad for the update. This is great news as I ordered 3 last week, two of which are sitting in my bedroom waiting for holes and welding. :super:

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to say in regards to the service received from the this company was excellent. I got 3 x 150L pots delivered for $427 which is a pretty amazing price even if they are only 1.2mm Stainless. For some unknown reason Aust Post took and extra two days to deliver the third pot and when it arrived there was a bit of a ding in the side/bottom, I called the company I ordered through and the guy was really apologetic and said he would get onto it straight away. Within two minutes after the call I had an email again apologizing for an inconvenience, I sent a picture and 10 minutes later I got confirmation that a new pot was being sent.

I have absolutely no affiliation with this company, I just think that customer service like this, unfortunately is a rare thing. :)

Ps. Now I have a spare 150L pot with a small dent in the bottom. :beerbang: mmmm..... what to do with it????

wrap a decent size hammer with some cloth, the dent should pop straight out, though my leave a crease

Thanks MasterBrewer for the tip, I'm not actually over concerned about it and if I have it towards the back of the brew stand you would never know. :D Here is a pic of the ding.

20140207_130313_zpskoq11efa.jpg

Well there was no sign of scorching at all and that was with the rambo on full for most of the time. So I just ordered my second one to use as a mash tun, just need to work out if the 30cm Falsie from CB will do the job.

Good to hear Brad and thanks for keeping us updated. Regarding the false bottom I'll keep in touch with you regarding what I manage to sort out and costs. I've been looking for perforated steel similar to one of the sheets in the picture below, but my local steel supplier says that I will have to get a full 2440x1220 sheet which will be several hundreds. If anyone else has suggestions please???

perforatedstainless_zps5bafb535.jpg

Your other option is to check around with a couple of local engineering places and see if any have a CNC turret punch that can be programmed to punch a piece of stainless sheet with the holes needed
The heating element manufacturer I used to work for did up some custom drip trays for one of the local hospitality fitout company with some really awesome perforated latticework on their giant turrent punch once
I'm sure if they had the punches small enough and you could draw something up in AutoCAD/sketchup/etc, someone could do something for you cheaper than a full sheet

Thanks sp0rk, i'll be making some calls on Friday to try and sort out the false bottom. One of the things still bugging me in the design\acquisition\build stage. I there a size of cut or hole that I be going for? My plan was for 1.6mm???

What are the dimensions of these 150L pots?

Hi Leal,

the pots are 570mm width and 600mm high. These were quick measurements I took before stacking up the pots. If you need more exact let me know.

My second one has arrived this morning. Made a false bottom yesterday. I am hoping to give a 2 vessel 120L no sparge brew a go over the weekend.

Back