Your Wife And Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

does your wife/girlfriend/partner complain about you drinking too much and spending too much time wi

• yes, she complains a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, it's not even an issue in my house

• I do what I want, ignore the woman!

• Total voters
I think the amount of time some of you guys have been married,and also brewing would come into the equation as well.

I'ved been married 31 years and brewing for 25,this runs her down a little from time to time ;)

Batz

I've been brewing 11 years and 11 days, to the hour. Been married 8........no, 9. Wait, 1998, 2007......9. Been married 9 years. :D

Think that's funny? She has to think how long we've been married too. :party:

My girl is very supportive of my hobby and will on the odd occasion actually go out of her way to pick items up for me, being a moderate beer drinker herself I do have to give regular samples though. If anything her only complaint is that I enjoy the fruits of my labor a little excessively.

For all you non-supported guys out there perhaps you need to have a look at the attached picture.

View attachment untitled.bmp

hahahahahahahahaha That Pic is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am lucky that my missus is very supportive of my addiction/hobby..

All she asks in return is for the occasional cider brew to go through
That reminds me I must learn how to do one of those before she stops bringing home brews when they are on special..

Cheers
Reg

Her new hobby is Quilting.

I know what that's like B) . Now you will have to trawl the sewing shops looking for just the right colour/pattern whatever. Then you'll need a cutter, matt, classes, thread, more fabric, wadding, edging stuff, a daylight light (cause I can't see in this room), a new sewing machine, magazines galore, trips to remote quilting shops -wherever you happen to be, a 2nd mortgage to get the queen quilt professionally quilted etc etc.

actually it sounds like brewing :lol:

270, lurve the pic

What can i do my wife is pregnant so she wont drink. All i normally hear is "is this about your stupid beer again" or "your always spending money on it"

I posted earlier in this thread how my missus is very supportive of my brewing....
Well that may have changed... <_<
Check out THIS Thread.. (gets a bit messy after page 2)
Sometimes it pays not to drink and post, especially when she's got her own log-in...

Sqyre... :rolleyes:

All the above aside, I believe my wife thinks I am a complete oaf, fool, helpless and forgetful anyway. I'll keep it that way. :p

InCider.

Oh yeah, you've got it sussed. If they don't think you're capable of something, you won't get asked to do it...:lol: I have cultivated a wonderful blank stare that with a single look gets across the message . "I don't know what I've done wrong or forgotten this time but what can you do I'm just a guy, I fix stuff, open jars and kill spiders - don't ask me to do thinking stuff just get me a beer" It works almost every time. Small tip though. Every now and again remember a birthday or an anniversary so they at least think you're making an effort...:lol:

(If you read this sweety, I don't really mean anything I said at all , just simply succumbing to the peer pressure to make fun of my wife in front of other guys - you know me - I just can't resist.....but read this....., "I don't know what I've done wrong or forgotten this time but what can you do I'm just a guy, I fix stuff, open jars and kill spiders - don't ask me to do thinking stuff just get me a beer" and remember I l, ....l,.......lo.............really like you and I don't get any sleep on the couch....... :unsure: ) Whuppishhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh yeah, you've got it sussed. If they don't think you're capable of something, you won't get asked to do it... I have cultivated a wonderful blank stare that with a single look gets across the message . "I don't know what I've done wrong or forgotten this time but what can you do I'm just a guy, I fix stuff, open jars and kill spiders - don't ask me to do thinking stuff just get me a beer" It works almost every time. Small tip though. Every now and again remember a birthday or an anniversary so they at least think you're making an effort...

(If you read this sweety, I don't really mean anything I said at all , just simply succumbing to the peer pressure to make fun of my wife in front of other guys - you know me - I just can't resist.....but read this....., "I don't know what I've done wrong or forgotten this time but what can you do I'm just a guy, I fix stuff, open jars and kill spiders - don't ask me to do thinking stuff just get me a beer" and remember I l, ....l,.......lo.............really like you and I don't get any sleep on the couch....... ) Whuppishhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HAHA!!! :lol: Another poor ******* who's missus will shortly have a log-in.!! :lol:
Mrs Sqyre sends her regards to Mrs Domonsura and says she'll see her at the next monthly meeting of "Busting Brewer's Balls Bitches Club"....

Sqyre....
(Quietly frightened :huh: yet at the same time somewhat aroused :p )

Careful mate.....she will shortly be in the TF2 servers as well.....she's already angry with me, I created her steam login recently, and it's NOT flattering....:lol: Can you imagine the look on her face when she went to log into steam and was greeted with "logging in Stinkybitch". I found it funny. And she didn't. You can guess the rest. That was 2 weeks ago. I went to give her a cuddle last night, and she calmly raised one eyebrow and asked "oh......am I not stinky anymore?"....and ignored me. No sense of humour at all...... <_<

I hate the 'You are now entering a drought' look... nasty!

My partner is extremely supportive of my brewing.

She has bought me 3 Coopers home grew kits all found on special less than 1/2 price and numerous kits of various styles. She has not complained at the kegs I have purchased or drilling holes in the shed fridge door.

I recently started brewing all grain and thought now she wont be able to buy specials for me anymore.
To my surprise today she was out shopping and brought home a 50L European keg very cheap from a second hand shop as I had mentioned I needed another large pot.

For the record she rarely drinks beer mostly wine and we have been together 19 years.

I could not ask for more. Life is good and my beer is getting better.

Cheers,
Ian

:party:

I went to give her a cuddle last night, and she calmly raised one eyebrow and asked "oh......am I not stinky anymore?"....and ignored me. No sense of humour at all...... <_<

I'm with you on the anniversaries - got them all pegged in lotus notes at work... my safety net.

But as for SWAMBO holding back on 'aerating the wort', I have solved that.

If she ever makes any slightly negative comment on my brewing or drinking, I change moods and head to my Man-Cave and sleep on my Man-lounge. She usually comes in later for a conjugal visit, but I have been strong and held out for days before. Just act like you've got the hump. A real lady-mood.

Once she called me at work and asked when I was going to sleep in our bed again.

Needless to say, she is mighty supportive of brewing in her own way, and rarely passes comment :p

:ph34r:

Can't believe I posted that.

Wow! you gave her the drought look?

*bows at your feet*

I am not worthy Grasshopper...

I'm with you on the anniversaries - got them all pegged in lotus notes at work... my safety net.

But as for SWAMBO holding back on 'aerating the wort', I have solved that.

If she ever makes any slightly negative comment on my brewing or drinking, I change moods and head to my Man-Cave and sleep on my Man-lounge. She usually comes in later for a conjugal visit, but I have been strong and held out for days before. Just act like you've got the hump. A real lady-mood.

Once she called me at work and asked when I was going to sleep in our bed again.

Needless to say, she is mighty supportive of brewing in her own way, and rarely passes comment

:ph34r:

Can't believe I posted that.

HAHA!!! YOU...ARE... DEAD... :lol:
I hope you have the bike pump for Baa-bra handy.. you're gunna need it!!!!!

Sqyre... :p

EDIT: i was going to trim down the quote...but then i thought...No... i better hang on to that one.. B)

dont worry Matti,she needs to see or hear the light ;)

SWMBO doesnt exist in my world

I have a reasonably understanding wife.
As long as I am willing to spend the money and then get into trouble :p
I just keep telling her "Think of the money we are saving!"

SWMBO has not complained once in the last couple of months in the recent expenditures (over $600) into kegging, temp control etc. :D

I actually get into trouble about the amount of time spent on AHB and get told it would be time better spent making more beer :eek:
I then calmly tell her that I will require more finance to get the extra equipment to make more than I currently can. <_<

What helps is that I clean up before brew day and that I have ginger beer for her and currently working on getting her drink on tap (Bundy).

dont worry Matti,she needs to see or hear the light wink.gif

SWMBO doesnt exist in my world

A good friend said to me.
it is not a question whether you're in the shit or not.
It is how deep you are in the shit and whether you can swim or not.
If you can taste it you lost the battle.

I believe his still married.

My wife is "tolerant" of my beer talk especially as I am allowed to brew on the condition I don't bore her with beer ramble. Which of course I do all the time :p

As far as the beer production goes my hobby keeps me off the streets and in a good mood so everyone wins. My wife doesn't like beer but tried a golden ale I made recently and admitted it was the first beer she has ever liked. So my beer activities can only get more support from here on. :beerbang:

Does anyone else suffer from the following;

I need to justify everything I buy for the brewery (admittedly, some things cost a bit), but the wife will come home with a $70 bottle of face wash (that seems to last a week) and doesn't bat an eyelid! She even rocked on home with a cat under her arm one day ($200, a bargain apparently, but it's cost a couple of bucks every day since) but I can't seem to get through that my chest freezer idea is a good one!

InCider - I love your use of the reverse 'withholding privileges' technique, it's just been added to my arsenal. "Lady-mood" :lol:

I also employ the other method of "huh, but I'm just a guy...spiders...jars..etc" pretty successfully. Funny how women think they have us all sorted out and manipulated. Muhahahaha! :lol: :ph34r:

Things SWMBO gets annoyed with:
Clinking of bottles when cleaning/bottling.
The smell of beer when doing a backyard boil
The constant opening/closing of the garage/brewery door.
Me talking about beer
Me spending any more than a few minutes in the beer aisle at Dan Murphys
Me saying "hey, if it annoys you that much, I could take up an obsession with stamp collecting or trainspotting!"

Back