You Know You're A Dedicated Homebrewer When...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...you see the letters on a car number plate read IPA, and all you can think of is, well...you can guess

... Your watching cooking shows and all you can think of is "stop splashing that stock around so much.. HSA!!" :ph34r:

.................When youve been a member of a home brewing forum for 9 months and your post count is 1157 because you ask a lot of questions.... :D

... When your grade 3 son announces to the other parents standing around at school that "My dad is obsessed with beer!... He makes his own and has it on tap!"..... Look around at disapproving faces of stuck up mums and a few smiling nods from the dads!

When your 3 year old is having a tea party as follows;

- Teddy, would you like some tea?
- Mummy, would you like some tea?
- Daddy, would you like a beer?

When you're driving and watching the digital speedo thinking 52' protein rest, 63' Aussie Lager, 66' APA, 68' oatmeal stout 72' glycoprotein rest ...

... When your grade 3 son announces to the other parents standing around at school that "My dad is obsessed with beer!... He makes his own and has it on tap!"..... Look around at disapproving faces of stuck up mums and a few smiling nods from the dads!

I can imagine out your way, that would occur! Mind you, I reckon the same would happen in my daughter's school - all the bottle-of-wine-per-night Prado driving mums, clogging up Lutwyche Road with their oversized Taxi's for one kid would do the same.

Hypocrites.

I like the "IPA" number plate. Last car was 205KPH, though that was funny enough.

...you see the letters on a car number plate read IPA, and all you can think of is, well...you can guess

Ironically, I saw this yesterday afternoon as I was driving to Craftbrewer to pick up my ingedients to make an IPA.

"It's a sign!", I thought, "I'm on a mission from God!"

It's currently mashing...spooky.

...responding to your own post feels weird.

I can imagine out your way, that would occur! Mind you, I reckon the same would happen in my daughter's school - all the bottle-of-wine-per-night Prado driving mums, clogging up Lutwyche Road with their oversized Taxi's for one kid would do the same.

Hypocrites.

Yes very true.... And I don't see why there is a need for mums to come to school dressed in their Sunday best or "Gym Clothes" with too much makeup on for 8 in the morning!

At least they'll get their payback one day when they work out that while they are sitting at home watching the cleaner do the housework or sitting at a coffee shop sipping Lattes that their husband has actually been on a "work trip" with his hot young "secretary"!

Yep being proven through childrens eyes with the beer obsession. My 4 year old daughter said to me Tuesday night whilst bottling.

"Daddy why do you brew beer everyday"?

Daddy you love beer dont you??

Yep being proven through childrens eyes with the beer obsession. My 4 year old daughter said to me Tuesday night whilst bottling.

..LOL..I cop it from SWMBO..."Your obsessed with beer, If only you cared about me as much as you care about beer......"

Yes dear... :rolleyes:

thread title "You Know You're A Dedicated Homebrewer When..., stupid things I've done[/b]"
.................When youve been a member of a home brewing forum for 9 months and your post count is 1157 because you ask a lot of questions.... :D
i think you've set yourself up here mate

With those small and nimble fingers to help put beer caps on... They make the perfect assistant...
Just dont tell DOCS...

When you're driving and watching the digital speedo thinking 52' protein rest, 63' Aussie Lager, 66' APA, 68' oatmeal stout 72' glycoprotein rest ...

:lol: :lol:

Classic!

You've dropped $800 on kit and still haven't brewed a beer....

I promise to this weekend though

With those small and nimble fingers to help put beer caps on... They make the perfect assistant...
Just dont tell DOCS...
I thought you trained ferrets to do that?? :blink:

:icon_cheers: Classic

when mates ring you saying they have found some pots and taps on the hard waste...

When you start to wish beer didn't have alcohol in it so you could drink (far) more of it and therefore make more of it and experiment with it more and have it on your cereal and just generally beer, all the time, everywhere.

:lol:

When you start to wish beer didn't have alcohol in it so you could drink (far) more of it and therefore make more of it and experiment with it more and have it on your cereal and just generally beer, all the time, everywhere.

:lol:

That's something I've thought about for a while, unfortunately low alcohol beers tend to be very hard to get some flavour. Maybe I'll try some hopped malt drink; a wort at 1015ish with alot of hops pasturised in the bottle so it keeps...

Alcohol has no effects when you are inebriated on some hallucinogens, though that's hardly going to help you get on with everyday life while drinking beer...

Latest posts

Back