You Know You're A Dedicated Homebrewer When...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when you sit on the computer and stare at InCider's dp....... then find yardy's is just as good.........

when your sittinjg there drinking the cider youve put down the day before...... because it tatses good...... just getting to know it.......

You just keep going, brew after brew.
Its just like golf - the one good hole means that you will put up with 8 bad holes and you will spend an unexplainable amount of money on new clubs (gear) when the old ones were fine.

When you go to a bottle shop and the first thing you do when looking at an interesting beer is to check the bottom for yeast sludge.

When you go to a bottle shop and the FIRST thing you do when looking at an interesting beer is to check the bottom for yeast sludge.

Jesus, and here i was thinking i was the only one that did that.

We must look really weird on the CCTV camera's...

Your brewery (shed) has a bigger / better hot water heater than the house does ;-)

You look at plastic drums for their potential as mash tuns, grain storage or fermenters.

You have 3 fridges but only one is for food.

12. Driving past hard rubbish on the side of the road causes you to drive erratically because you're looking for stainless steel shiny things....

had to laugh at this one its exactly what i do :lol:

cheers matho

Jesus, and here i was thinking i was the only one that did that.

We must look really weird on the CCTV camera's...

Yeah its always akward trying to get a straight line between your head, the bottle and a light source without tipping the bottle. Even weirder when you try to use your mobile phone as a light.

When you go out to dinner with freinds and /or family and whinge about how much you just paid for this pint of crap. "The $9 I just paid for this pint would have almost paid for my grain bill on a 20L batch and the next pint I buy would have paid for the hops and the rest. If I was to buy 7 of these pints I could have bought all the ingredients and a keg to put it in!"

Yes darling I will shut up now. But FFS.................... :D

you seriously have to think about either a naughty with the missus, or the ESB you have been planning all week

GOLD! wallace! i agree!

your getting all your mates into brewing because they find out they will save about $1.80 per bottle! (coronas cost $54 per 24, so about $2.24 per bottle here in bunbury, versus .68c for a bottle homemade)

When you no longer look forward to a beer at the footy because you dread the watery crap you will have to drink!

14.you have the same stack off 20 brewing related books sitting next to your bed which you keep re-reading looking for that insight to the next beer you are going to brew sometime in the future.

your work bag that you use to carry your lunch in will fit 6 metres of coiled copper in it.

when you sit on the computer and stare at InCider's dp....... then find yardy's is just as good.........

:lol:
Awesome.

All replies made me giggle...

I would suggest that Yardy's is better...on this forum and the other...

Apologies to the jaded AHB members who are sick of reading this type of thread...well "internet" apologies anyway...

You have 3 fridges but only one is for food.

you seriously have to think about either a naughty with the missus, or the ESB you have been planning all week

When you no longer look forward to a beer at the footy because you dread the watery crap you will have to drink!

Got to agree with these ones but no one has said, You own a march pump. Maybe to be Dedicated you should own 2.

Drew

When a bloke from yr wife's work gets a new esky & she says to him "that's a cool mash tun".

when the last thing you think about at night is the next beer you are going to make.

You think you're an electrician because you wired your temperature controller and it works.

You have a very large collection of useless plastic cylenders that used to contain hydrometers.

if your not brewing you are..

planning brewing...

when your not planning brewing you are researching brewing...

when you are not researching brewing you are thinking about brewing..

when you are not thinking about brewing you are dreaming about brewing...

when you are not dreaming about brewing you find yourself tuned in to the brewing network listening about brewing...

:unsure:

Your wife (partner) has learnt enough by osmosis that she can help out newbies at the LHBS when you and the owner are busy dealing with your order.

You forget your Mum's birthday, but you can remember the progress of each brew day and the resulting beer for the last 2 years (or more).

:D

small yellow stains caused by drops of idophor that have run down the side of the bottle can be found throughout the house

Latest posts

Back