You Know You're A Dedicated Homebrewer When...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You take brewing books to the beach to read instead of the latest James Patterson Thriller.

When you travel overseas you have to explain the suspicious looking parcel of hop pellets to Customs officials you're sneaking back.

:D Hopper.

You start finding "many other household uses" for PBW, Starsan and Iodophor

You give a carton to a mate for a favour...and ask for the empty bottles back.

You know when you are a dedicated Homebrewer when you think nothing of standing in the queue with all the grannies in Spotlight with a bargain roll of remnant net curtain under your arm, cos you like the idea of making your own hopsock.

Whenever you visit the supermarket you assess every item for its possible use as an adjunct.

On the train you switch off the MP3 player because it's interrupting your mental planning for the forthcoming comps season and you've just lost track of a keg somewhere in the plan.

When everyone else at work is sneaking a look at facebook but you're sneaking a look at AHB or CB website!

When there are more hops than food in the fridge.

You have a strange attraction to the cleaning aisle at the supermarket :rolleyes:

when you scratch a lottery ticket you get for your birthday and hope for some money to buy more brew gear....

$50..sweet,,good on the out-laws....happy birthday to me.

When you brew to 19L so that it fits nicely into kegs without having to bottle.

When you check AHB for a "break" even though you have been reading all day!

When you search ebay for "home brewing" only to be dissapointed you cant find anything you need.

When you brew to 19L so that it fits nicely into kegs without having to bottle.

When you check AHB for a "break" even though you have been reading all day!

When you search ebay for "home brewing" only to be dissapointed you cant find anything you need.

+1x3

When you run out of dishwasher detergent one night, but can easily make do for a couple of loads with the Sodium metasilicate, Sodium percarbonate, and Bi-carb Soda that you readily have on hand.

When you give your old folks a fuel card and send them on a 1000km holiday to pickup some hop plants :icon_cheers:

They are growing really nicely!

When you trim the cast on your broken hand against Dr's orders, so you can unscrew the PET lid off your latest batch.

This is true:

Sunday, at the Chinese Supermarket in Fortitude Valley BribieG fronts up at the till with four of these:

maltose__Large_.jpg

At the till, Chinese milf ( the giggly friendly variety)

Oh, you like sweet things?

Preferred response: "Yeah, I love sweet things, and know how to give sweet things...........Hey, I've seen you a lot here. love your service, my name's ......"
BribieG response: " haha, actually I brew beer and I find that this product............."

:unsure: :unsure:

This is true:

Sunday, at the Chinese Supermarket in Fortitude Valley BribieG fronts up at the till with four of these:

View attachment 45709

At the till, Chinese milf ( the giggly friendly variety)

Oh, you like sweet things?

Preferred response: "Yeah, I love sweet things, and know how to give sweet things...........Hey, I've seen you a lot here. love your service, my name's ......"
BribieG response: " haha, actually I brew beer and I find that this product............."

:unsure: :unsure:
HA HA HA LUV IT!!!!!

When the missus hands you a jar and says "can you use your super brew cleaning gear to clean this cause dishwashing liquid won't work "

when you go out to the theatre to see a freinds show and find that the best beer they have there is CPA in tallies... and you leave at the end of the night with an arm load of longnecks :lol:

you seriously have to think about either a naughty with the missus, or the ESB you have been planning all week

Wallace, this is just terrible planning. There is plenty of time for a naughty in between the 1 minute and flameout additions.

When its 5 degrees in the garage and there you stand brewing on the cold concrete floor in two jumpers, a jacket and beanie adjusting your strike water for the temp loss. ....

Latest posts

Back