You Know You're A Dedicated Homebrewer When...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The European vacation seems to consist of Brussels and tiny bits of France.
(its study really!)

You started having withdrawal symptoms when AHB went down today for a couple of hours.......................... <_<

You started having withdrawal symptoms when AHB went down today for a couple of hours.......................... <_<
I rebooted everything 4 times!

I tried it on my computer, both iPads, SWAMBO's iPhone and even rang my brother to get him to check to make sure it wasn't my modem!

Was very relieved that yesterday wasn't a brew day! :(

I tried it on my computer, both iPads, SWAMBO's iPhone and even rang my brother to get him to check to make sure it wasn't my modem!

Was very relieved that yesterday wasn't a brew day! :(

MMMM.... wasn't a nice feeling. SWMBO thought it was real funny. Just wait till Facebook crashes and she will get hers!!!!

You only take SWMBO out to places that have a decent beer list.. :)

You only take SWMBO out to places that have a decent beer list.. :)

That is soooooooooo me. I use the "Honey a bloke at work went there and the food is crap. Why don't we try this place............"

Im guilty too. I was having a fit.

Me too.

Yesterday was brewday and videoing it for you tube (have had a few people ask about my recent build).

I was bored out of my mind during the brewday down time in between processes. And there seems to be a lot of it when most of the brew is automated as opposed to my very manual 3V rig previously.

I ALWAYS have AHB open on my combrewter on brewday....

Checked it on every internet capable device in the house :D

Had to settle for "other" websites.... :lol:

That is soooooooooo me. I use the "Honey a bloke at work went there and the food is crap. Why don't we try this place............"

Ha Ha yeh me too...I took her away at Easter and we stayed at balgownie estate in Yarra Glen. I just happened to say..
"Oh look honey Hargreaves Hill brewery is in town and Ive heard they do a nice lunch..."

And WW3 followed...

"I knew you only planned this trip so you could get to a brewery..its all about beer with you...."yada yada yada.

Anyway when she got over it we went their for lunch and she enjoyed it..They just have to make a big issue first though.. :rolleyes:

When every trip to the supermarket includes a lap of the bottlo...just in case something new has come in....

yesterday, Estrella Inedit.....birthday drinks last night, snaffled, Youngs Choclolate Stout, snaffle....

wife not nearly as pleased as I was.

When you drop into kitchenware shops just for the heck of it!

Yep, the site down was a bummer.

looked at this for confirmation...

Cheers

when your 5yo daughter collects "beer lids" [used bottle caps]

and can explain to her friends how she helps daddy make beer

she gets to stir it and stir the sprinkle stuff [yeast] in

[her words]

cheers: HBK

edit: more info

when you brew beer, when you are meant to be at home with the daughter by yourself looking after her and put her out the back with the dogs while you are doing the important things and yell at her when she tries to tip the grain on the floor :p but looking at the flame of the burner keeps her occupied so thats one advantage of brewing with gas ;) you can keep the kids entertained while you chase them away from the hot bits lol

when you brew beer, when you are meant to be at home with the daughter by yourself looking after her and put her out the back with the dogs while you are doing the important things and yell at her when she tries to tip the grain on the floor :p but looking at the flame of the burner keeps her occupied so thats one advantage of brewing with gas ;) you can keep the kids entertained while you chase them away from the hot bits lol

Yeah, but guys I have identical twin boys so I save twice as much! :)

Hirns

...you press against your bladder to get a few extra percent efficiency pre-flush

...you press against your bladder to get a few extra percent efficiency pre-flush

:lol: :lol:

...and then experiment with different angles of your wee "wort" return on the porcelain, trying to perfect your whirlpool technique.

Latest posts

Back