Yeast Containers (same As Whitelabs Tubes)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PET will start to melt around 75 degrees. If you are needing to autoclave then polypropylene would be a better choice.

Franko I think the Coopers PET caps fit these

pumpy :)

What a bummer, I gave 100 empty White Labs vials to Crozdog. I knew I should have held onto them.
Gerard

PET will start to melt around 75 degrees. If you are needing to autoclave then polypropylene would be a better choice.

I will second that. You will need to sterilise them when you get them. Why not buy less of a more durable container?

cheers

Darren

im in for at least 50 to 100 see how it goes

I will second that. You will need to sterilise them when you get them. Why not buy less of a more durable container?

cheers

Darren

And we cant use the usual iodophor / starsan / <insert other sanitiser here> why?

So thats 2.25 cents, ++, the caps should come in at around 3-5 cents ++, worst case is 7.25c, about 8 cents including GST, plus freight.

If you can do them for 10 cents each, landed, I'm up for 2000. 3K if you need the numbers.

MHB

With all due respect these are the ones to get --- Linky
Ausdaub did an excellent job of obtaining & sending us these tubes. :beerbang: I am very, very happy with these.
His first post starts at Post 85
I would be interested if these were available for a bulk buy.

:beer:

I use tubes made by Sarstedt Australia at work they are graduated to 50mL in 5mL steps, they are made from HDPE we heat these past 120C as part of our process. I would guess they are 80mm long and 25mm across. And they have a point bottom.

We buy them science supplies australiaI don't know the price.

With all due respect these are the ones to get --- Linky
Ausdaub did an excellent job of obtaining & sending us these tubes. :beerbang: I am very, very happy with these.
His first post starts at Post 85
I would be interested if these were available for a bulk buy.

:beer:

I have some similar containers waiting for me at the post office from ProSciTech. They're model number LP9025-UU, $19 per 50. Quite a bit pricier than a bulk buy, but straightforward.

And we cant use the usual iodophor / starsan / <insert other sanitiser here> why?

Because when dealing with such small quantities of yeast for storage and stepping up, you need to minimise if not prevent contamination completely. Bacteria will multiply 10 times faster than yeast. Rememeber that they multiply by binary fission meaning an exponential scale.

Yeast farming requires the use of a sterile field.

$19 per 50 is OK, but I'd be wanting 20mL size minimum.
Glass or whatever, I don't have an autoclave, but at the current pricing of the plastic units I'll chance it with the sterilising.

$19 per 50 is OK, but I'd be wanting 20mL size minimum.
Glass or whatever, I don't have an autoclave, but at the current pricing of the plastic units I'll chance it with the sterilising.

The $19 per 50 ones I mentioned are 30ml. PP container and lid, so they're autoclavable/pressure cooker-able.

http://www.proscitech.com.au/catalogue/l9.asp

"Vee Bottom Tubes / Containers"

I think we have a winner.

Bugger using them for farming yeast...

Start cracking on about how to copy 'White Labs' labels and we get a brew day with Dr Chris White - PERMANENTLY!!!!

Because that would be sanitising, not sterilising...

Yeast farming requires the use of a sterile field.

How does Whitelabs sterilise/sanitise before packing? Doc, you went to their plant didn't you?

"How does Whitelabs sterilise/sanitise before packing? Doc, you went to their plant didn't you?"

now thats the burning question seeing they use exactly the same tubes?????

Latest posts

Back