• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wtb Beer Engines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
Guys
Looking at getting an engine apart from the ebayer below is anyone aware of any available locally or other good option overseas?

http://tinyurl.com/d957tv

Cheers

Paul

I thought about ebay from the UK as well but the postage is a killer.

I got one from Andrew at Grumpy's in SA about 6 weeks ago for $375 ($425 with postage) and he had 2 left at that time I think.

If you want to try him his email is [email protected]

No affiliation, just a satisfied purchaser.

Jez

I purchased both of mine from Ebay UK and neither of them cost more than $220 AUD
including postage to Australia. They were not new but were in very good working condition.

Regards

Graeme

I've been quoted anywhere between 72 quid and 115 quid for postage from the UK - you are currently looking at 2.1 times GBP to get to AUD

It makes it very expensive - considering the pumps only go for 20 - 50 quid at most

Was looking a getting 3 units at once once - but postage was just about triple - so no saving there

Cheers

Paul, with so many pubs in the UK closing down at the moment :( there should be heaps and heaps of engines available on the second hand market so worth shopping around and maybe get onto a UK forum or two and post there for some local know how. As mentioned, postage is savage. I enquired into ordering a couple of home brew pressure barrels but the postage quoted by the retailer was outrageous. It would have been cheaper to get one from New Zealand :eek:

There must be some other way to get these things here. Surface or perhaps mislabelling it Articles for the blind

There is - bring a pallet in.

Either that, or ask someone to stash one in their baggage.

You can find freight cheaper than Royal Mail too - but most ebay type sellers aren't going to go to that much effort. There are plenty of freight companies in the UK that will use their bulk purchasing power to send items at a discount.

check the ebay thread, theres a bloke selling 2 engines and the shipping to oz is only 34 quid. bargain.

I'd love a beer engine. Hmmmm... do we know anyone heading to the UK for a holiday soon? Maybe we could get them to do a bulk buy for us and we'll pay the excess baggage costs for the flight back? Is Ross going over for the GBBF this year?...... ;)

Cheers - Snow

Brisbane guys...give me a call B)

Cheers Ross

Brisbane guys...give me a call B)

Cheers Ross

That'll be right you city slickers stick together :lol: :lol:

Batz

Unless the person is flying 1st class, I think the excess baggage rate will make the engine very expensive,

Diplomatic post is the answer. Who knows a diplomat is the question. :)

Who knows a diplomat is the question. :)

Or a joke when one hears one ? ;)

ross.jpg

What?

Batz

Latest posts

Back